Wednesday, Mar. 3
6:00 pm
TV: ESPN, KCAL
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos | Highlights

Lakers - 96
Rockets - 93

Lakers Rally Past Rockets
Kobe Bryant cooly sank a jumper with 31.7 seconds left and Derek Fisher hit two late free throws to seal the Lakers' 96-93 win in Houston on Wednesday. Los Angeles came back from a 10-point halftime deficit and went on a 13-0 run in the fourth quarter to get back into the game. Shaquille O'Neal had 28 points, seven rebounds and five blocked shots to lead the Lakers. Bryant finished with 18 points and a season-high 13 assists.

Post your comments here...

Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:08 am

F**k Yao, F**k that lil punk Francis f**k Ka*e for those two days Kobe spent in court which contributed to us losing to an a$$ crap team like the Hawks. If any game is a game we must win, and big time, and in three quarters and will be a rout its this. We need to rebound, and fast.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Adam on Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:14 am

Realm,
Based on those vital points you just made, expect for our beloved Lakers to go out and LOSE tonight in Houston! Then maybe we can find a new excuse to lose instead of, "second of back to back nights, no Kobe, no Shaq, no Karl, no Magic Johnson, tired legs, waiting until the playoffs, etc, etc.

It boils down to this, I just don't see Shaq outplaying Yao on either end of the court or our gaurds being able to contain Francis and Mobley on the perimeter. Those are the facts!

The realistic Laker
Adam[/img]
Adam

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:40 am

if shaq wins the battle w/ yao, we win. kobe will take care of the rest.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby noxcel on Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:07 am

YAo, YAo, the person that OWNS shaq every game :freak2: Kobe and Payton need to play very good for us to win. I say win :jam2: cuz we can't lose 3 games to huston, or can we? they have "Yao, the Shaq Owner".
noxcel

Postby Playa4LIfe on Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:38 am

realm_of_shadows wrote:F**k Yao, F**k that lil punk Francis f**k Ka*e for those two days Kobe spent in court which contributed to us losing to an a$$ crap team like the Hawks. If any game is a game we must win, and big time, and in three quarters and will be a rout its this. We need to rebound, and fast.

So much anger and hatred. The sad thing is that game hasnt even begun yet. I could imagine how pissed & angry you'd be after to the Lakers lose tonight.
Playa4LIfe

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:23 pm

I think the Lakers will win. Kobe will be playing, and with the loss to Atlanta and the two previous defeats at the hands of Houston, the guys will have payback on their minds and beat the Rockets badly. Shaq should dominate Yao, but the defense must do a better job of defending the pick-and-roll, otherwise Francis and Mobley will go off again. Lakers by at least 5-10 points.
lakerzrule

Postby joshua on Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:35 pm

i would love to see us get off our a$$ and play some defense, but until i see it, i am not sure it can be done, the pnroll kills us everytime, it has back to stockton/malone (who?) in the late 90's, i hate to see this team play so $hitty, it makes me wanna kill
joshua

Postby MaddDogg on Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:39 pm

noxcel wrote:YAo, YAo, the person that OWNS shaq every game :freak2: Kobe and Payton need to play very good for us to win. I say win :jam2: cuz we can't lose 3 games to huston, or can we? they have "Yao, the Shaq Owner".

If Yao owns shaq again, I will call Yao as "Yao, the Shaq Owner" :man1:
MaddDogg

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:19 pm

MaddDogg wrote:
noxcel wrote:YAo, YAo, the person that OWNS shaq every game :freak2: Kobe and Payton need to play very good for us to win. I say win :jam2: cuz we can't lose 3 games to huston, or can we? they have "Yao, the Shaq Owner".

When did Yao own Shaq? I know you arent talking about the last game when Yao scored 7 points after Shaq fouled out. Shaq played Yao straight up with no help and Yao got help on damn near every play. Yao doesnt own Shaq.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:23 pm

Ring It Up wrote:
MaddDogg wrote:

When did Yao own Shaq? I know you arent talking about the last game when Yao scored 7 points after Shaq fouled out. Shaq played Yao straight up with no help and Yao got help on damn near every play. Yao doesnt own Shaq.

This is coming from Slava fan (who by the way gets owned night in and night out)
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:31 pm

Keys To The Game

Shaq needs to shut down Yao tonight defensively. This means guarding him on the perimeter. If he gets good position on Yao, he'll demolish him, since Yao is soft.

Kobe needs to play tonight like he's been playing ever since the All-Star break. He's getting everyone involved and averaging 30 ppg and a near triple double.

Gary needs to stop Francis and him and Shaq need to communicate when defending the pick and roll. I'd like to see him more agressive offensively at all.

Rick and Devean need to sit on the bench. Luke should play and continue his brilliant passing.

Slava needs to avoid foul trouble and hit open shots. I'd also like to see him be agressive on the boards like he's been doing.

Fisher needs to find a rhythm and stop forcing shots. He needs to wait for open looks off of Shaq and Kobe's passing.

Kareem, Cook and Horace need to come in and play solid bench minutes. Basically, they just need to hit open shots and focus on defense.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:44 pm

Playa4LIfe wrote:
realm_of_shadows wrote:F**k Yao, F**k that lil punk Francis f**k Ka*e for those two days Kobe spent in court which contributed to us losing to an a$$ crap team like the Hawks. If any game is a game we must win, and big time, and in three quarters and will be a rout its this. We need to rebound, and fast.

So much anger and hatred. The sad thing is that game hasnt even begun yet. I could imagine how pissed & angry you'd be after to the Lakers lose tonight.

lol, true...seriously, why are you so mad? Aren't you forgetting this is just a sport? Come on, it's only the regular season too. Some people just need to calm down and not make a big deal out of everything.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby JSM on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:11 pm

Shaq has to have a big game against Yao on offense and defense, he has to be more active. Kobe will drop at least 40 and will win this game for us. George needs to go on the IR, he doesn't need to play at all. Luke and Russell need to get more minutes. Fisher and Rush have to knock down their jumpers. We have to guard the pick and roll. We have to play good D. Grant needs to have a big game, since Slava will get into foul trouble and have to leave early on or he will be off on his shot...like usual.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SMUnderground on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:14 pm

the truck will run over yao...beep beep beep beep..squash!..

:ball2:

by the way..what's this icon? :man8:
SMUnderground

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:16 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Playa4LIfe wrote:

lol, true...seriously, why are you so mad? Aren't you forgetting this is just a sport? Come on, it's only the regular season too. Some people just need to calm down and not make a big deal out of everything.

Houston is one of the few teams I really really really loathe. Especially Steve Overrated B...ch Francis.
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Kobe8Forever on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:46 pm

Our LAKERS will WIN this game. BELIEVE! :jam2:
ImageImage

MORALES you're NEXT!!!
Kobe8Forever

Postby noxcel on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:05 pm

15 mins till the game, I hope Yao, the Shaq Owner will have a bad game :jam2:
noxcel

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:07 pm

noxcel wrote:15 mins till the game, I hope Yao, the Shaq Owner will have a bad game :jam2:

Do you ever stop with lies?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:07 pm

noxcel wrote:15 mins till the game, I hope Yao, the Shaq Owner will have a bad game :jam2:

Yao has had the best out of Shaq I guess..but if he got double/triple teamed every time like Shaq does then he wouldnt have the same game. That's why it is TOTALLY unfair to have the Shaq/Yao 1on1 battle when it's more like 2/3on1. Yao will never play Shaq striaght up. Shaq - "never ever ever ever ever"
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:08 pm

Once again, if Shaq wins the battle, we in the war...

LETS GO LAKESHOW!
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:22 pm

I would like to see Shaq drop 40 points on Yao tonight. He needs to have a monster game and send a message.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:33 pm

Horace isn't playing for some reason.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:38 pm

lets go lakers and play defense. :jam2: :jam2:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:40 pm

where's the defense at??? stayed in new jersey??
purple_and_gold_fever

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday