Wed. 12/3 @ Spurs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:06 pm

How did Russel do?

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:08 pm

Good win for the Lakers. I loved it having four calm experienced players out there in crunch time :man1:

Anyways, great game by Shaq, damn impressive stats. I like the fact he had 9 blocks because it sends a statement out to the other teams round the leauge that he's indeed back in shape.

Malone was very clutch tonight, as was Kobe when it counted and the others too. Great win for the Lakers. See you in June Spurs :man9:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:10 pm

here are some of our guy's stats for tonight

George-18 points
Malone-16 points & 10 rebounds
Shaq-15 points, 16 rebounds, & 9 blocks
Payton-16 points & 6 assists
Kobe-21 points & 6 rebounds
Slava-2 points
Russell & Fisher-each had 1 point
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:11 pm

damn u think tha lakers will have enuf left in tha tank for tha mavs tommorow night? i'd jus give it to shaq every time and let him dominate...we need to win tommorow's game to REALLY make a statement that we can win back to back games in TEXAS against 2 great western conference teams! remember we lost to dallas last year IN dallas, but we didnt have shaq...this will be kobe's first game vs dallas...then we play them a week later at home...damn whats up with us playin dallas and san antonio so much in tha early stretch of tha season?
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:37 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:damn whats up with us playin dallas and san antonio so much in tha early stretch of tha season?

I was thinking about that today, another interesting thing is...those are the only 2 teams the lakers have played on national tv this season
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:07 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:damn whats up with us playin dallas and san antonio so much in tha early stretch of tha season?

I was thinking about that today, another interesting thing is...those are the only 2 teams the lakers have played on national tv this season

now THAT is funny, u wanna know somethin even FUNNIER? we only play teams from TEXAS on NATIONAL TV up until January 12th when we face tha CAVS on national TV!!! We face Dallas tommorow on TNT, then dallas at home again on ESPN, then we face HOUSTON at home on ABC, and then FINALLY we face lebron and tha cavs on TNT on tha 12th of Jan...VERY weird tho
FabFourLakers

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:27 pm

Great Game!!!!!!!

Nice comeback and I love the heart the Lakers showed.

Last year we had 0 wins in the SBC center, and this year we already have 2 victories.

Great defensive game by Shaq and Karl Malone as Tim Duncan basically did nothing in the 4th quarter.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby @ on Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:09 am

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Great Game!!!!!!!

Nice comeback and I love the heart the Lakers showed.

Last year we had 0 wins in the SBC center, and this year we already have 2 victories.

Great defensive game by Shaq and Karl Malone as Tim Duncan basically did nothing in the 4th quarter.

:jam2: great comeback, George 3 STL
@

Postby Bulls Fan on Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:25 am

The spurs were doing so well. I just dont understand how a team just collapses like that in the 4th quarter. it doesnt make sense. I dont care how good the lakers defense got...the spurs could have held on. they were just stupid and made really bad high school plays...they deserve to lose.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby Gold Brick on Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:16 am

The Lakers had to play "4th Quarter Hero's" to win the game. If they had played a better game in the first three quarters there would not have been any need for Heroics. I definately didnt like the way they played,, specially Shaq and Kobe. I dont care if Shaq had 50 points, 50 rebounds and 50 blocks in the 4th, that kind of basketball sux. Kobe loves to play Hero. Id rather see the bench on the floor in the 4th and the starters yucking it up on the sidelines, saving their legs for the next game. :bang:
Gold Brick

Postby 2BContN2004 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:33 am

Gold Brick wrote:The Lakers had to play "4th Quarter Hero's" to win the game. If they had played a better game in the first three quarters there would not have been any need for Heroics. I definately didnt like the way they played,, specially Shaq and Kobe. I dont care if Shaq had 50 points, 50 rebounds and 50 blocks in the 4th, that kind of basketball sux. Kobe loves to play Hero. Id rather see the bench on the floor in the 4th and the starters yucking it up on the sidelines, saving their legs for the next game. :bang:

Completely agree. Kobe was really ticking me off the first 3 qts but I knew he would come out in the 4th. Defense on the road sure needs to improve.
2BContN2004

Postby PiEdIe on Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:27 am

has kobe done any dunks like the last week, hence does he have his explosivnes back already

also this is a story you might want to read

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/moresto ... 2793&NAV=1
PiEdIe

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:29 am

ya shaq pissed me off, he tried to do WAY More than he could actually do...it seemed at one point that no matter how open anyone was or whatever missmatch was there, the lakers wanted only SHAQ to score...it was definately frustrating...after he missed his first few shots they should not try to keep gettin him in the game, we have FOUR other venomous snakes on our team this year (including dev) ready to strike at will....kobes shots were goin in and out

PAYTON AND MALONE STEPPED UP HUGE

payton had like 6 straight baskets or something that one stretch in the second to bring us back, and malone had countless jumpers from even 18 and 20 feet out which kept us in the game

all four had great defensive plays but shaq was just unbelievable

:man4: 9 blocks! :man4:
shaqpak34

Postby 2BContN2004 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:32 am

PiEdIe wrote:has kobe done any dunks like the last week, hence does he have his explosivnes back already

also this is a story you might want to read

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/moresto ... 2793&NAV=1

He had a dunk over Duncan!!
2BContN2004

Postby Bulls Fan on Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:22 pm

personally i think Payton is the Lakers "Best" player right now. Now what I mean by best before i get molliwhopped is that I think AS OF LATE he has been the most effective. He makes plays. He doesnt need to score 20 or 30 pts ever because he just a skilled play maker. Hes at the right place at the right time and thats why he is so great. I think if Kobe had Paytons tenacity he would be 10x better. Honestly I dont know how good the lakers would be right now if they had the same line up as last year. Either way they still play tremendous ball.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight