5:30 pm
TV: KCAL, NBATV
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031203/LALSAS/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031203/LALSAS/boxscore.html

Lakers - 90
Spurs - 86

Lakers Too Much for Spurs
Shaquille O'Neal had a monster night, totaling 15 points, 16 rebounds and nine blocked shots as the Lakers defeated the Spurs 90-86 Wednesday night. Karl Malone added 16 points and 10 boards for Los Angeles, which has won all three meetings with the defending champs this season.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:56 pm

This game will tell us alot. We must be able to play consistently dominate on the road. This is a big game you guys.

If we come out and prove we can dominate on the road, the best season record in leauge history is ours (assuming we stay healthy). If not, forget about it.

We all know the Lakers can dominate at home, but can they do it on the road as well? That is the question that starts this Wed.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:01 pm

Once again, another STATEMENT game for tha lakers...but as far as this season goes, the lakers have tha spurs number...but we havent faced tha spurs IN SAN ANTONIO with duncan and parker, so this game might be tougher to capture...but tha way we've been playin lately? its hard to doubt tha lakers....we're riding on a 6 game winning streak right now, and we'll have 3 days off before playin at san antonio, so 3 days of hype of hoopla before tha big game...i'll take my chances on tha lakers...but i cant predict an exact score...all i can say is 15-3
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:03 pm

If we kill them at the SBC Center, there's no way they'll be able to win a title this year.

This is our year.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:09 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:If we kill them at the SBC Center, there's no way they'll be able to win a title this year.

This is our year.

Whatever the outcome is, I can assure you that the Spurs will not gain the title. Losing Robinson is underated to the people out there. They were a much better team with him.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:04 pm

I don't think this win will be quite as easy as Friday's was, they will be looking to get revenge on the beating we gave them, and will try to redeem themselves and prove they are the defending champions, but their attempts will be unsuccessful

player matchups
Payton/Parker- Payton did a good job on Parker Friday night, by preventing him from having a good night offensively and by getting him into foul trouble. He should be able to play D against him the same way and stop Parker from doing well. Payton will be able to score will some ease, because Parker lacks good defense (examples-against Payton fri. & against NVE last night)

Kobe/Bowen- Bowen was unable to stop Kobe Fri., so I don't know what makes him think he will be able to stop him Wed. The best Bowen can hope for is bothering 1 or 2 shots of Kobe's. A truly good defender (Artest) couldn't stop Kobe, so I don't know what a little punk named Bowen thinks he can do. Kobe will get around 18 points and will be able to stop Bowen from getting much of anything

George/Ginobili- George has to use his size to his advantage in this matchup. To be useful, after only scoring 3 points against the Pacers, he will need to use his size to allow him to back down Manu so he can get some good looks from inside. He needs to knock down his open shots that he gets and try to play good D on Manu. If he plays some good defense on Ginobili it will help, because Manu will have a big night if George doesn't stick with him, and it may be difficult for George to play good D, since Ginobili's shots are so unconventional.

Malone/Duncan- Malone is coming off two good defensive games, limiting Duncan to 11 points and then J. O'Neal to 14 points. He made both of them not get the type of shots they wanted and also out rebounded them. He has also been doing well on the offensive end. Look for another good night of D from Malone, along with another double double.

Shaq/Rasho- Rasho had problems against an injured Shaq, imagine how worse he will do with Shaq back in swing of things. Shaq will dominate this matchup, making them realize just how much they miss Robinson. After the Spurs see how bad Nesterovic is doing against Shaq, expect them to put Tim on Shaq some. Shaq will have a good night offensively, doing whatever he wants on Rasho. Shaq will stop Nesterovic from scoring more than a couple points. And when Rasho gets in foul trouble, they will have to bring in Willis, who will actually do better against Shaq than Nesterovic did. Willis will get tired and won't be able to bail Rasho out for too long, so this matchup favors Shaq, no matter who they put on him.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Wed. Dec 3 - Lakers @ Spurs - Predictions/Comments

Postby @ on Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:10 am

10000000000000000% WIN

NOBADY CAN STOP US RIGHT NOW !!!

LAKERS 115

Spurs 93

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
@

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:04 pm

That's at home. We're undefeated. I think we're like 4-3 on the road.. That's good, but not too good. We need to start showin the league that we can handle road games as well as home games. What a time to show them to watch out NOW!! We'll win this one. I think we'll win by 8 or 10 points though. It'll be pretty close. Expect for calls to not go our way too. :man5:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:55 pm

We need to play good on the road.

I say:

Lakers: 120

Spurs: 91

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby murcielago62 on Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:56 pm

It's gonna be closer. Like last season's playoffs, I think we need to get off to a good start. I say Lakers 101-95
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby wongy on Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:39 pm

:man9: If we are to be successful on the road or at home THE BENCH is going to be the telling factor.. if they don't produce, WE LOSE.. SIMPLE.. :man7:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby Guest on Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:52 pm

Watch the Clippers/Spurs game right now to see what we got to deal with Wednesday.

Postby wongy on Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:54 pm

:man4: BEWARE OF GINOBILI LAKERS!! HE"S DIRTY!! :man2:
wongy

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:30 pm

is duncan playin tumorow?
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby BDG on Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:31 pm

Why wouldn't he?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Roscoe on Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:32 pm

Yea his suspension is only for the game against the Clippers so he'll play and be at full force against the Lakers...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby wongy on Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:54 pm

:man13: We should win pretty easily.. they lost their confidence after the thrashing they took.. look for Indiana to come out with a losing record after their road trip thru the West. We took the air out of their sails too.. :man10:
wongy

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:28 pm

The spurs are in a bit of a slump....but they have only one loss at home, that loss comin from US, tha lakers....

Spurs have lost 3 straight, are now 9-9, and come off a 3 game road trip in whcih they came up with nothing...their backs are against tha wall and lots of questions hafta be asked...tha lakers are rollin' and if tha spurs dont get it together they might get embarrassed on their home court...

The way tha spurs are playin right now, tha lakers could run over them in tha 1st half and never look back...we need to set tha tempo early in tha game...if we score tha first 2 points of tha game, we will WIN this game
FabFourLakers

Postby wuSHUMast3r on Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:56 am

Question: will the broadcast for this game be delayed?
wuSHUMast3r

Postby Gold Brick on Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:22 pm

Read every single post in this thread. Yeah, I expect the Lakers to come out on top of this one. I think the Lakers are riding high on defense at the moment and they will look to play more of the same on the road this time. I totally agree with P. Jackson's statement that while the offense is playing very well atm,, it needs something more in the way of structure.
Shaq needs to play an all around good game Wednesday, score more than 20 and stay out of foul trouble.

On the other hand, the Spurs have been stumbling lately, and incase anyone hasnt noticed, they really arent the same team they were last year.

I totally loved the statement by Gregg Popovich, after the Lakers-Spurs last game, "They're playing like Hell on Wheels right now and I see no reason for them not to continue to do so.".
Gold Brick

Postby Gold Brick on Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:36 pm

WuSHUMast3r, good question. I hate those away game tape delays. Fortunately, you can use the "Good" Live Game software that ESPN.com has available and get all the calls as they happen and then watch the game behind it on TV. It seems the delay is behind the live game by two quarters. The NBA.com has a live game set-up you can use as well but I find it jams up due to bandwidth issues or some other problem. Anyways the ESPN.com is sweet. I know they do the delay to get more of the viewers home from work and in front of the TV and also to make it convienient to plug in commercials as they will but......I hate it. Good for KCAL and bad for us. Oh well..... :bang:
Gold Brick

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:18 pm

i dont think this game will be delayed, it is against a western conference team, and it is at 5:30, and i think tha only games KCAL delay are tha ones that are at 4:30, not 5:30...

im hoping they dont delay it, i'll be super pissed!
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:21 pm

I know they delay 5 pm games.. I dont know about 5:30.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:25 pm

Good news: The game will NOT be delayed!

It starts at 5:30 Pacific Time.

You can always find out if KCAL games are delayed by going here: http://kcal9.com/sportsschedule/ :man1:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:27 pm

YES! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday