7:30pm
TV: NBALP, FSN
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score

Suns - 113
Lakers - 110

Richardson’s Trey
Caps Suns’ Rally

The Phoenix Suns chose to live or die by the 3-pointer. Quentin Richardson rewarded them for their loyalty. Richardson snapped a tie with an open 3-pointer with 6.9 seconds left, capping a wild shootout and sending the Suns to a 113-110 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby leftymo on Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:13 am

The Lakers after a month into the season should be good enough to beat ONE good team at home.

San Antonio beat us
Sacramento beat us

Phoenix should NOT beat us.

Their average age is 24 years old, they are a younger team, and just lost at home to Minnesota.

If the Lakers want to make the playoffs this year, home wins against good teams is a start.

Gotta gotta gotta win...

A loss will set them back.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby leftymo on Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:40 am

Actually after looking a few things up, I realize that the Lakers not only have to win this game they will win this game.

The Lakers have several days of rest, and time to practice, in preparation for this game.

It's a home game against a division rival.

Phoenix between now and game time has two games, one at portland, and one home against the warriors. The Laker game for them is on the 2nd night of a back to back.

So, if the Lakers have SEVERAL things going for them in this one. A loss would be a significant failure. A concession of the division to Phx, or the Kings.

If LA can't beat Phx (an inexperienced good team) at home with several days rest, and phx playing the night before...

Do I need to say anymore?
leftymo

Postby Neener on Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:50 am

:lol: :smoker:
Neener

Postby KB24 on Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:08 am

leftymo wrote:Actually after looking a few things up, I realize that the Lakers not only have to win this game they will win this game.

The Lakers have several days of rest, and time to practice, in preparation for this game.

It's a home game against a division rival.

Phoenix between now and game time has two games, one at portland, and one home against the warriors. The Laker game for them is on the 2nd night of a back to back.

So, if the Lakers have SEVERAL things going for them in this one. A loss would be a significant failure. A concession of the division to Phx, or the Kings.

If LA can't beat Phx (an inexperienced good team) at home with several days rest, and phx playing the night before...

Well after that information WE MUST WIN! If you want to deserve a playoff spot you MUST win at home against anyone! At least you have to compete!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:27 am

BLOWOUT FOR THE SUNS

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Runway on Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:40 am

Lakers will lose by 9.

Stoudemire with 41 Points and 14 Rebounds.
Nash with 21 Points and 13 Assists.

Kobe with 26 Points and 9 Assists.
Runway

Postby MarkMadsen on Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:10 am

has to be a must win...if they win..iill forget that bulls game ever happened.
MarkMadsen

Postby G|B|G|B on Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:48 am

need to win!
because we need to get suns some losses!
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby Runway on Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:03 pm

G|B|G|B wrote:need to win!
because we need to get suns some losses!

haha, suns will win, trust me.
Runway

Postby leftymo on Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:00 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:has to be a must win...if they win..iill forget that bulls game ever happened.

Definitely...

It will show that the team has improved. At the very least, from the LAST time they faced each other.
leftymo

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:32 pm

GO LAKERS!!!!

i might miss this game... again.. :bang: i hope i dont..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Peja vu on Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:48 pm

leftymo wrote:The Lakers have several days of rest, and time to practice, in preparation for this game.

Exact same scenario for the Nuggs/Cavs game the other night. Nuggets had 2 full days of rest, Cavs were on 2nd night of back to back. Denver at home. Easy win right?
result: Cavs 92 Nuggets 73

If you're banking on Phoenix to be tired on the 2nd night of a back to back for you to win...

"No single aspect of basketball does more to develop good team play than passing, and conversely nothing destroys a team faster than a shooter who never passes." - Pete Carril
Peja vu

Postby BigAkers on Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:20 pm

Peja vu wrote:
leftymo wrote:The Lakers have several days of rest, and time to practice, in preparation for this game.

Exact same scenario for the Nuggs/Cavs game the other night. Nuggets had 2 full days of rest, Cavs were on 2nd night of back to back. Denver at home. Easy win right?
result: Cavs 92 Nuggets 73

If you're banking on Phoenix to be tired on the 2nd night of a back to back for you to win...

No. That will be quite enough, thank you. :ball2:
In other news, Ric Bucher reports that Kobe Bryant gave steroids to Barry Bonds. More coming soon.....

:wave: Playoffs
BigAkers

Postby Real Deal on Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:08 am

Ehh...Lakers might drop this one. Suns will get the win off a Q-Rich three, 113-110.
Real Deal

Postby BDG on Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:46 am

realdealbneal wrote:Ehh...Lakers might drop this one. Suns will get the win off a Q-Rich three, 113-110.
:man10: :man10:

And I bet you it will be Jumaine Jones who forgets to rotate onto him too. :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Return to Lakers Gameday