Wed. 10/12 vs. Warriors - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby mandingo on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:21 am

I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
User avatar
mandingo

 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby mandingo on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:22 am

Parada had 5 points. All on free throws....
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
User avatar
mandingo

 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby 8kobe0mvp on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:39 am

mandingo wrote:I may be one of the only guys here that like george....


no, me too
User avatar
8kobe0mvp

 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:33 am

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:48 am

all i hafta say is....THANK GOD ITS PRESEASOn!

i think that Kwame will not play his best or TRY in preseason...and id like for the rest of the lakers to do the same...example...look at what walton did...he was trying, and he got injured...

i dont care that we got blown out....what bothered me was that our starters playd jus as many minutes as the warriors starters...and we got beat in the first quarter...dont know if all 5 of our starters playd the whole first quarter....but man that would be 2 games in a row that the other team's starters beat our starters....

but whatever...its preseason...this team HAS a lot of work to do...and at least we can run with somethin....i STILL havent seen kobe mihm or kwame! since this game wasnte ven televised...i dunno its very characterisitc of a Phil team to lose in preseason...remember we were like 4-4 in the preseason with our FABFOUR (man i miss that)....

FOR ANYONE that will panic after this loss...thou shall not fear...jus think of thhese preseason games as PRACTICES...or SCRIMMAGES, against other teams, but its jus live....but i gotat say, i remember back in the day when i used to play in those little bball leagues and we'd practice at the same place that other teams in our league would practice, and at the end of practice we're "scrimmage"...if anything those scrimmages were more competitive than the actual games...but thats jus me...i dunno how that relates...its 2 AM give me a break
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby 8kobe0mvp on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:58 am

parker should start. mckie does not worth $2mil.
User avatar
8kobe0mvp

 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:33 am

Postby mandingo on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:16 am

8kobe0mvp wrote:parker should start. mckie does not worth $2mil.


Image


HAHAHAHA, THIS IMAGE IS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
User avatar
mandingo

 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:27 am

yea i still dont understand the logic of using half our MLE on mckie when we coulda used the full MLE to sign DA...i was against signing DA for the full MLE bcuz i thot we could get 2 players by splitting the MLE...but this really confuses me...all we got with our MLE was mckie...oh well..i like Mckie but hes not worth 2.5 mil and he never was...i really thot we'd sign him for the LLE...
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby mandingo on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:38 am

FabFourLakers wrote:yea i still dont understand the logic of using half our MLE on mckie when we coulda used the full MLE to sign DA...i was against signing DA for the full MLE bcuz i thot we could get 2 players by splitting the MLE...but this really confuses me...all we got with our MLE was mckie...oh well..i like Mckie but hes not worth 2.5 mil and he never was...i really thot we'd sign him for the LLE...



The logic is this. DA wanted more than a 2 year contract. End of story, bottom line. That's why we didn't sign Antonio Daniels either...
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
User avatar
mandingo

 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby shakin on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:23 am

Last night's game was just a reserve paradise. Starters didn't play much at all, especially the bigs. I'm not panicking at all. I'm still very excited to see where this team goes. Smush Parker is our other guard, or should be at least. He plays D well and plays within himself, exactly what we need.

By the end of the preseason hopefuly everybody has some comfort with the triangle and we'll start to see things come together. Until then, there are going to be bad nights and bad stretches. New coach, new faces, new complicated offense, completely different defense. TIME TIME TIME. I think we'll start to see the true Laker team emerge near December, whatever that means. By then, hopefully they're staying competitive and we can make a run at the 5/6 seed in the playoffs.
User avatar
shakin

 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:22 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby KB24 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:44 am

McKie has excellent stats.
ZERO points, steals, blocks, rebounds, assists, made field goals
2 fouls, 1 TO and 2 missed shots :disagree:
Lamar with only 4 points :thezen:
Lakers 3-26 in 2 games from the three point line. :mad1:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55531
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:22 am

Don't lynch Aaron too much... One weak game and ya'll think that he's crap. Relax, it's only pre-season and McKie is experienced player, so he will be different payer in next games.
Kobe and Lamar didn't played much, so we lost by so many and I think the main reason for so big loss was poor shooting.
User avatar
The Kobe Era 2K5

 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:49 am

Postby shakin on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:56 am

One thing is for sure, the Lakers don't have 3 point shooters. Kobe is adequate, Lamar can hit occasionally, Smush probably can knock them down if open... JJ can be effective, but they don't a Kerr/Paxson type of guy that usually helps the triangle out.
User avatar
shakin

 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:22 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Mesomorph on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:17 am

shakin wrote:One thing is for sure, the Lakers don't have 3 point shooters. Kobe is adequate, Lamar can hit occasionally, Smush probably can knock them down if open... JJ can be effective, but they don't a Kerr/Paxson type of guy that usually helps the triangle out.


Yea, they need a legit 3pt threat. I htink Phil needs to put cookie at the 3 sometime. He's about the best 3 ball shooter we got. We also need another big that does the dirty work. I'm glad we got kwame, but we can't just depend on him. We got some soft bigs in slava, cook, and sometimes mihm. thats one reason why i miss Turiaf. Even though he never played a NBA game, he would be solid to come off the bench and recklessly grab a board, maybe even start. I don't know if Blount can provide that and Noone knows how fast bynum will develop
Mesomorph

 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:12 am

Postby Mesomorph on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:24 am

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:Don't lynch Aaron too much... One weak game and ya'll think that he's crap. Relax, it's only pre-season and McKie is experienced player, so he will be different payer in next games.
Kobe and Lamar didn't played much, so we lost by so many and I think the main reason for so big loss was poor shooting.

And Aaron only played 9 minutes. RELAX
Mesomorph

 
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:12 am

Postby aid1961 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:42 am

shakin wrote:Last night's game was just a reserve paradise. Starters didn't play much at all, especially the bigs.


wrong. our starters played just as much as GS's starters. that's the sad thing.
aid1961

 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:19 am

Postby Startrex on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:10 am

for those panic fans:

Lakers preseason record under Jackson

Season, W-L

03-04 4-5
02-03 3-7
01-02 5-4*
00-01 0-3*

*Champs.

:disagree:
Purple and 24K Gold
User avatar
Startrex

 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:25 am

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:12 am

Smush Played well it looks like, also cook played decent. kwame looked better than last night with 11 points and 6 bounds!=, and a steal
Image


Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
User avatar
kobesthegreatest8

 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: longmeadow,mass

Postby *wishlist* on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:25 am

i fell asleep during a commercial break in the 2nd quarter and i blame it on spero dedes or howevre you spell it :splat:
What's it going to take to have the Lakers to have a team song/chant like euroleague.. teams have... I can only wish.
*wishlist*

 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:55 am
Location: southern california

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:28 am

mandingo wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:yea i still dont understand the logic of using half our MLE on mckie when we coulda used the full MLE to sign DA...i was against signing DA for the full MLE bcuz i thot we could get 2 players by splitting the MLE...but this really confuses me...all we got with our MLE was mckie...oh well..i like Mckie but hes not worth 2.5 mil and he never was...i really thot we'd sign him for the LLE...



The logic is this. DA wanted more than a 2 year contract. End of story, bottom line. That's why we didn't sign Antonio Daniels either...


You're actually wrong about that. DA only wanted a two year deal. His agent said it, he said it, and that's what he signed for with Houston.

We should have used the MLE on Spree and the LLE on McKie. Everyone would have been happy and we would have a backcourt that isn't paper thin. Oh well.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9045
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Postby Startrex on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:33 am

Savory Griddles wrote:
mandingo wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:yea i still dont understand the logic of using half our MLE on mckie when we coulda used the full MLE to sign DA...i was against signing DA for the full MLE bcuz i thot we could get 2 players by splitting the MLE...but this really confuses me...all we got with our MLE was mckie...oh well..i like Mckie but hes not worth 2.5 mil and he never was...i really thot we'd sign him for the LLE...



The logic is this. DA wanted more than a 2 year contract. End of story, bottom line. That's why we didn't sign Antonio Daniels either...


You're actually wrong about that. DA only wanted a two year deal. His agent said it, he said it, and that's what he signed for with Houston.

We should have used the MLE on Spree and the LLE on McKie. Everyone would have been happy and we would have a backcourt that isn't paper thin. Oh well.


Man... this is no time to look at suppositions..
Let it go people. If Spree wants to come at 1/2 mle, that's fine. If not, that's fine!

Dang! Mckie played 9 minutes in a PRESEASON game ... and ...and... some of us were like "Godzzila!! Godzilla!! Run for your life!"
Purple and 24K Gold
User avatar
Startrex

 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:25 am

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:38 am

KB8@CL wrote:McKie has excellent stats.
ZERO points, steals, blocks, rebounds, assists, made field goals
2 fouls, 1 TO and 2 missed shots :disagree:
Lamar with only 4 points :thezen:
Lakers 3-26 in 2 games from the three point line. :mad1:


OK, OK. Let's look at their 40 minute stats.

Kobe 18 pts, 11 boards
Mihm 15 pts, 4 boards
Kwame 16 pts, 9 boards
Odom...bad game

It wasn't as bad as you would think.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9045
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:39 am

DarthRekal wrote:
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:no!
dont say that!
this'll be my very first time goin to a lakers game..
they have to win!!!!!!!!!


win one for WUVLY! :jam2:


they l0st ]=


...but i had such an awesome time :jam2:
the guys were so so so nice & so willing to sign autographs & take pix with fans
...well, everyone but luke
that d0od dissed me TWIcE!!!
he just about signed for everyone BUT ME :man2:

SASHA, though, was super nice
& he is so much h0tter in person :man4:
that guy is just gorgeous!
BYNUM was the same
there were so many people trying to get his autograph; i was stuck in the back, but i kept yelling his name persistantly, and he l0oked at me and smiled as if to say "calm down woman" lol
..then he reached out to grab my hat & signed it for me :mhihi:
i had such an amazing time
it was so much fun
THANK YOU LAKERS!
:jam2:
Image

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
User avatar
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

 
Posts: 5772
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii

Postby nameant on Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:17 pm

looks as though smush will get the nod over mckie for the starting job. he's played better in both games. and played more.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25328
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Postby shakin on Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:21 pm

I hope so. I've been impressed by Smush. Great D and hasn't rushed shots, taken what he's given. If he learns his role within the triangle and within his defensive sets, I think he'll be exactly what we need, just a solid role player.
User avatar
shakin

 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:22 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Ryder Havasu on Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:04 pm

I was at the game last night, it was painful to watch but hey it's the preseason.

TEAM: Triangle execution was horrible especially by our bigs (Kwame and Mihm). The spacing and timing is not there yet. They looked lost and confused. The full court press looked nice and even forced a couple of TO's and rushed shots the problem was helping after the press was broken. The guys weren't communicating and switching late the result, Mike Dunleavy scoring 16 pts in the 1st qtr (mainly wide open 3's).

Kobe: looks very fast. He has gained a gear with his offseason training. There's nothing enjoyable about a blow out but, Kobe's speed was impressive. Also, he wasn't forcing the issue (stayed within the tri, didn't go 1 on 5 even though it probably would have helped). Got good post position (like MJ) but, Lamar, McKie and others just couldn't pass him the ball (bad spacing and the lack of a perimeter threat).

Lamar: Had his moments as the initiator but, pretty much had a bad game. His highlight of the night was when he was leading the break he put a spin move on a defender and went to the hoop but missed the lay-up :man3: (but was followed up by Kwame). On D, his lateral movement and activity is decent but, communication, switching, was horrible. Like I said Dunleavy was shooting wide open 3-pt set shots. Scottie PLEASE stay full time Lamar and the Laker Nation needs you!

Kwame: Up and down is the best I can describe him. On offense he doesn't know his assignments and looks lost. He doesn't move well without the ball (cuz, he doesn't know where he needs to be yet!) The good thing about Kwame is he is STRONG! He easily got good post position and can battle for some Offensive rebounds. The tools are there folks he just needs to learn his responsibilities. When he was looking to score he was decent when he was looking to pass or read the D he was indecisive and looked confused.

Mihm: 5 TO's and 5 fouls and that just the tip of the iceberg. 2nd game in a row he couldn't get post position (on Adonal Foyle and some weak Euro :man2: ). He was horrible with the ball in the post with the exception of one jump hook in the baseline. As a passer in the top of the key or the top of the triangle (the old Luc Longley role) he was telegraphing his passes and he looked nervous and indecisive with the ball. He dropped another pass that could have been an easy dunk (deja vu). It's hard to believe this guy has triangle experience. His highlight of the night was a nice tip in basket in the 3rd qtr.

McKie: On offense he didn't do much. He was robbed of a couple of assists but thats about it. On D the guy looked old and slow. He was getting used and abused by Baron Davis (but who doesn't?). Overall limited minutes not enough to really comment his game.

Parker: This guy took advantage of his opportunity. He's very fast and has good lateral quickness. He hit a couple of jumpers and is a streaky perimeter shooter. On D, he for the most part was able to stick with his man (was guarding Fish most of the time). He had a couple of silly fouls in the backcourt after the lakers scored. Out of the PG's we have he looks like he'll probably be the starter.

George: Looked quick and athletic but that's about it. He was very active on the defensive end. Very passive on the offensive end. Didn't play enough to really breakdown his game.

The rest of the bench played during garbage time. No one really jumped out for me out the rest of the bunch.

Overall a terrible performance by the team. The need for a true post presence and an outside threat was very evident last night. The triangle had poor spacing and execution. The good news is that Kwame could at least get positioning. However Kareem and the coaching staff really needs to work with his back-to-the-basket game. Smush Parker looks like a decent find (better than Tierre but, that's not saying much).
Image
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
User avatar
Ryder Havasu

 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:13 am
Location: No Longer Hawaii DANGIT!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.