Wed. 11/09 @ Wolves - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:18 pm

what was the turning point was when we let griffin just go for a straight 9 points, 2 3's and a 2 and 1 ft

also starting the 3rd, they needed to play tougher defense, they looked tired and were just walking around.

come back fresh at philly and get a W.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Total_Package on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:20 pm

btw,
like I said before
this 3-2 is way much better then last year's 3-2
Out of the 5 games, we had 4 games where we didnt know if we were going to win or loose.
We won 2 of those 4 games. Not only that but 3 of those 4 games were on the road and were other Western Confrence Teams.
We actually see pntential in Smush. Our Perimeter defense has greatly improved. Our front court is our only problem because Mihm and Kwame have been in the bench too much
Total_Package

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:20 pm

Smush vanishes, but I'll excuse him because he's played so well so far.

Mihm vanishes on the road-- no surprise.

Lakers flat-out got tired/lazy and didn't run their offense tonight. Horrible execution. They must bounce back in Philly. It will be a tough game.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby scheven on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:21 pm

if we just held our lead in the 2nd....
scheven

Postby nameant on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:21 pm

funny how before the season started a lot of people on here were talkin about how bad we'd be. we start off nice...and now you guys expect the lakers to win every game. yeah we lost a back to back game on the road. it happens to every NBA team. i must've missed when we became a powerhouse in the west.

GOOSE FRABA
nameant

Postby Total_Package on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:23 pm

lakerfool wrote:wow, another sub-20 minute night for Mihm. And some would rather have him than Curry :freak2:
But wouldnt getting Curry hurt our 2007 plans?
I'd rather go for Carlos Boozer then Curry and Kwame. He gets about the same $$$ as Curry, he is a good scorer, better rebounder, has a post up game and dosent get into foul trouble like Curry
Total_Package

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:23 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Smush vanishes, but I'll excuse him because he's played so well so far.

Mihm vanishes on the road-- no surprise.

Lakers flat-out got tired/lazy and didn't run their offense tonight. Horrible execution. They must bounce back in Philly. It will be a tough game.
i agree 100%

and smush vanishing, it was probably because of fatigue, i saw beginning of the 3rd quarter, during the period where he picked up 3 fouls, he wasnt quick to his man and rotating. but yeah hes been playing great anyway.

we'll come back with more of a motive to pick up a win in philly.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby jellyroll49 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:23 pm

Total_Package wrote:
jellyroll49 wrote:
Total_Package wrote:
jellyroll49 wrote:one game and ur all ragging on kobe. he cant do it every single night. you all disgust me. when we win u praise him wen we lose u call for his head. pick a side and stay on it. u cant expect us to be great every game. there are gonna be other games like this so deal with it. its a young team and were trying to get the system down. i will say the defense was horrible but a game like this on both ends tend to happen every one in a while. :mad1: :disagree: :mad1: :disagree: :mad1:

He turned over the ball like 3 times already this QT. Twice was blocked, one of them was stripped from him
He only has 1pt this 4th QT
What else?

your talking like we have other options.....this happens every game when we need a lift in the 4th. when he produces every1 loves him, when he folds (which is bound to happen once in awhile) every1 wants to run him outta town. its an 82 game season and we got 77 to go.
I wont deny it, thats true
Thing is though, he was having a nice 1st half with 17pts. He should of keeped it up. Maybe get the ball more. Other than Kwame, he was the real producer.
Pisses me off he couldnt get more than 3pts in the 4th

we would have a liked to see him keep it up but he cant be the superhero he is everysingle night. hes bound to get tired, hes human.

this game clearly shows that we depend on kobe way too much. he cant be on every night. other guys gotta step up and fill in.

this begs the question, what if kobe got hurt?
"It's not even close," says one Western Conference scout. "The difference between Kobe and LeBron is like [the one between] a Maserati and a Volvo."

:pipe: = bud enhanced post
jellyroll49

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:25 pm

lakers had ONE block today....guess who its from.

not mihm, not brown, not a bigman........SASHA :man3:

hes not playing that bad, sometimes he gets lost/lazy on defense, but it was a lot better than last year.

id also like his shooting percentage to go up just a little more.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby pltan on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:26 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:So the Lakers lose.

Can't recall the last time I've seen an NBA game where NO FT's are taken until the last two minutes for the away team... I think it speaks for itself.

We were tired on a tough back to back road games. They didn't give up and we saw some good things in Brown tonight. The interesting game will be Friday vs. Philly - it will be interesting to see how the recollect themselves.

THANK YOU! The voice of reason......

Lots of positives to take from this game....we kept it close on the road on a back to back game. Kwame showed up....we're playing our way to full fitness. Let's sit and watch what happens in the next game....

Keep the faith and the belief! We've seen what the individuals can do, let's give them more time to gel and sooner rather than later we'll have Kobe, Smush, LO and Kwame all producing on the same page!
pltan

Postby BadNewsBear on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:28 pm

Mihm is so inconsistent. We should try and trade him for someone like Nazr Mohammed.
BadNewsBear

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:28 pm

pltan wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:So the Lakers lose.

Can't recall the last time I've seen an NBA game where NO FT's are taken until the last two minutes for the away team... I think it speaks for itself.

We were tired on a tough back to back road games. They didn't give up and we saw some good things in Brown tonight. The interesting game will be Friday vs. Philly - it will be interesting to see how the recollect themselves.

THANK YOU! The voice of reason......

Lots of positives to take from this game....we kept it close on the road on a back to back game. Kwame showed up....we're playing our way to full fitness. Let's sit and watch what happens in the next game....

Keep the faith and the belief! We've seen what the individuals can do, let's give them more time to gel and sooner rather than later we'll have Kobe, Smush, LO and Kwame all producing on the same page!

Plus road away back to back games usually are controlled by brains rather than physicality. I mean, this young Laker team will have to learn how to win these type of games - which are a challenge for any ball club.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:30 pm

Did You Know?

The Lakers were 5-14 in back-2-back games last year.

This year, they are 0-2.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakaboy42 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:32 pm

BAD loss :man6: :man6:
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby halekulani on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:34 pm

wow what a breakdown in the last four minutes. they had decent defense holding the team do what, 70something points?

it looks as if it was fatigue setting in pretty early as the lakers didn't score a fg in the fourth quarter in what seemed like forever.

however, if our fatigue is showing this early in the season, that's not a good sign.
halekulani

Postby ndrui on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:35 pm

The Phili game will determine who this team is...This will be a heart game. Either we play hard and beat Phili, or we go out as a defeated team and get ran off the floor. Kobe tried too hard tonight, he looked like he did a year ago, Smush played tired...to go from camp fodder to playing almost 40 minutes a game will wear on a player, but I predict that Smush gets his career high against Phili.
ndrui

Postby bumrusherer on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:36 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Did You Know?

The Lakers were 5-14 in back-2-back games last year.

This year, they are 0-2.

and were only just over .500 the season before that.. 10-8 with shaq and the rest of that group.
bumrusherer

Postby scheven on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:37 pm

game difference: smush....
we needed his 20 pt performance, or at least something from mihm or the bench....
scheven

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Thanks for that stat bumrusherer.

People need to just relax a little bit and focus on the positives. Seeing Kwame - on both ends - was a real good thing tonight.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:38 pm

jesus christ....terrible game by the lakers...i jus couldnt watch as the twolves went on an 8-0 run....too much kobe...need more Kwame and Odom....im sick of this...GET KWAME THE BALL...we could have taken advantage of that....try to get KG in foul trouble....their stupid scrubs beat us tonight....smush didnt show up....

its aight tho...hopefully we can rebound against the sixers...but wait...thats my other favorite team...i dont know who needs this win more...so i'll jus sit back and watch...but secretly...i want the lakers to win...cuz i know if phillywins...they'll waste it and lose their nexzt game to like a crappy team....so i hope the lakers win
FabFourLakers

Postby TheMagicMan32 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:43 pm

wallangong wrote:
Total_Package wrote:
wallangong wrote:
Total_Package wrote:
wallangong wrote:
Total_Package wrote:Yup, just like last year's game againts Miami. No, not the one where he got BLOCKED BY DWAYNE WADE.
The game where he didnt perform in OT
He cant play clutch

you cant seriously be referring to kobe? cant play clutch?
Is he right now? Blocked TWICE

omg he got blocked? so he cant play clutch! of course! please get off these boards with this nonsense. any true lakers fan who has watched games has seen kobe come up clutch.
How many points does he have in the 4th again?

seriously i have never wanted to punch someone in the face so bad right now! it's one [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] game. quit being such a douche bag. any star will tell you they'll miss more game winning shots and make. that's how basketball is, but you clearly know nothing.

Dude relax, wow, your a hothead spaz dude, seriously, relax, Kobe is not clutch? Sniff, sniff, I smell a troll with that comment.
TheMagicMan32

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:49 pm

just wondering, how many clutch shots has MJ missed?

oh btw, horry missed one also...hes still REAL clutch. :bow:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:51 pm

wallangong, that won't be tolerated here-- fair and final warning.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakerfool on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:01 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Thanks for that stat bumrusherer.

People need to just relax a little bit and focus on the positives. Seeing Kwame - on both ends - was a real good thing tonight.

yes, that's great, but he'd even be MORE effective if a certain someone can stay on the damn floor alongside him :bang:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby okay on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:06 pm

Total_Package wrote:
lakerfool wrote:wow, another sub-20 minute night for Mihm. And some would rather have him than Curry :freak2:
But wouldnt getting Curry hurt our 2007 plans?
I'd rather go for Carlos Boozer then Curry and Kwame. He gets about the same $$$ as Curry, he is a good scorer, better rebounder, has a post up game and dosent get into foul trouble like Curry

FORGET the 2007 plans. THEY ARE USELESS.

Get rid of Mihm NOW.
okay

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday