Wed. 11/09 @ Wolves - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:07 pm

Great job by Kwame. Chrissy? Same old Chrissy. If you have told me that Kwame would get a double double and "hold" KG to 17 and 10 I would have said we won. I guess Smush had a bad game. Hope he can bounce back because we need him since Chrissy wants to be MIA.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:10 pm

Ring It Up wrote:Great job by Kwame. Chrissy? Same old Chrissy. If you have told me that Kwame would get a double double and "hold" KG to 17 and 10 I would have said we won. I guess Smush had a bad game. Hope he can bounce back because we need him since Chrissy wants to be MIA.
KG HAD 17PTS N 15 REBS
PurpleNGold1

Postby okay on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:11 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:Great job by Kwame. Chrissy? Same old Chrissy. If you have told me that Kwame would get a double double and "hold" KG to 17 and 10 I would have said we won. I guess Smush had a bad game. Hope he can bounce back because we need him since Chrissy wants to be MIA.
KG HAD 17PTS N 15 REBS

He was horrid in the 1st half though where Kwame was good. He was bound to bounce back in the 2nd half when they took the lead.
okay

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:35 pm

Kwame was good on D. Made it tough on big ticket in the first half. Nice to see him finally catch a good pass and dunk the ball. Truth be told. We really don't need Kwame to be an offensive threat. I just want to see the guy get tougher........block some shots, catch good passes and put them away, and every once in a while, post someone up and be an offensive threat. Good game........just wish he would get a little tougher on both ends of the floor.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:44 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:
KG HAD 17PTS N 15 REBS

Still would have said the same thing.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Delicious on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:47 pm

I was working Imissed the game. Im super duper pissed about the loss
The second unit needs to pick it up big time. I demand a win from the lakers when the play philly :mad1:
Set up your Wet up
Delicious

Postby TalkieWalkie on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:53 pm

Kobe simply tired out after playing extended minutes in the 3rd quarter and comming back to early in the 4th...started taking bad shots and the offense was a total mess

Odom missed alot of gimmies and Smush fell back to earth.

Kwame actually played pretty solid compared to previous games...he stayed out there and did a great job on KG... this was a game where we had some good D...but our Offense was just horrible....People were waiting for Kobe to do somthing....

Hopfully this is an aberation and now Phil can take a look at some of these problems on tape.
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby Altitude on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:54 pm

damn this sucked... kobe did bad in the 4th qrt and kobe's mid range shot was off tonight
Altitude

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:56 pm

im jus mad cuz we shouldnt lose to a team like minny....they are jus flat out BAD....we let their reserves beat us tonight....griffin absolutely killed us....and i thought the turning point of the game came in the 2nd quarter...we had a great chance to reallly pound them when it was 29-19...but then Griffin started hiting 3's....and we got lazy....jus terrible!

the thing that makes me really mad is how the lakers IGNORE kwame in the post.....get this man going and then we can put pressure on their bigs and get them in foul trouble!!1 but its not liek Kwame dominated tonight....i would like to seee him DUNK the damn ball for oncce....every time it looks like he could jus slam it over everyone but he jus takes a sissy hook shot or tries to lay it in....DUNK THAT KWAME!@!!

Man the only excuse ill give the lakers tonight is it was the 2nd game of a back to back....but we should have won this game....Kobe was hot the first 4 games...but its time he starts taking it INSIDE the D....he is bailing the D out by taking outside shots....

I dont relaly know what to say about Smush....i guess it was bound to happen....that shows how much we need smush to be an offensive threat...
FabFourLakers

Postby eNlight on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:01 pm

we need a big man with balls.
eNlight

Postby okay on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:03 pm

eNlight wrote:we need a big man with balls.

Well, I guess you could say that Chris Mihm has two, but I'm not so sure about even that anymore.
okay

Postby Kobe#2 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:06 pm

Overrall, this was a pathetic effort. Although I couldn't watch the game (I live in Hawaii), I was at my computor using espn's live coverage, and I seriously felt sick to my stomach. They played horrible. They did not do one thing right, not one. Kobe played badly, refused to attack the basket for some reason, and his shots were tough because of it. As well, the Lakers sort of forced Kobe into playing that way by completely failing and not doing crap on offense. NO one could make a damn shot, and they abandoned the offense, and watched Kobe. Not Kobe's fault, its theirs, although his shot selection was horrid in the fourth.

Mihm is garbage, I hate him and his game. He is the worst center in this league. Seriously, 19 minutes, 3 fouls, 2 points on 1-3 shooting, and 1 rebound. His efficiency rating: 0. WTF is that??!?! He needs to be traded now, for anyone I don't care who. I hate him, he and his game are trash in the NBA. I wonder how he got drafted? :mad1:

Ugh, the bench sucked as well. This team is be inconsistant all year, but hopefully not this flat EVER again.

Even Kobe played mediocre, which when that happens, they need to step up and help him.

Sickening............
:cry:
Kobe#2

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:07 pm

LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby okay on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:12 pm

Mihm is the only player on the Lakers, who I have deep hatred for even though all he's done is suck major **** on the basketball court. Usually I can never hate a guy for that, but he has pushed it past the limit. It's like he knows he's going to end up with that type of game, so he doesn't have to try and rectify it.

Steps to success:

1) Deport Sasha back to whatever country he came from.
2) Drop Chris Mihm for a sack of dog ****. At least it doesn't pick up fouls.
3) Get bench scoring options.
4) Tell Lamar that shooting 3's and missing layups won't gain you respect from Phil Jackson.
okay

Postby Lakerfan36 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:13 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Image

perfect picture for this game
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:17 pm

You forgot to tell Kwame to quit laying the ball up and Dunk it, and it is ok to try to score on your opponent. But I won't pick on him too bad....he did a nice job tonight.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby KB24 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:45 pm

To be honest I enjoyed Kwames game more than the loss hurts. We played good D, we just werent able to execute but that happens with a young team on a second night of a back-to-back.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:49 pm

Guys come on. We lost to a defensive team that knew how to slow down Kobe. We played solid D but just couldn´t score in the second half. Its the second night of a back-to-back so mental lapses happen specially late in the game. We are 3-2, if ANYBODY before the season starts told me we would be 3-2 after 5 games I would have jumped on that opportunity. We will be fine. Sacramento is 1-4, Seattle is 1-3, Miami is 2-3, Houston is 1-2, so its not like we are horrible. Others do the job. and next game we play Philly and Kwame gets his favorite player C-Webb. :mhihi:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:56 pm

yea i wish lakers werent playing philly next....cuz philly neeeds this game jus as bad as the lakers....philly cant fall to 2-4 with that stellar lineup...but i'll tell u what...i'd like to see the lakers FEED KWAME...he can get around C Webb....im tired of the Lakers lookin AWAY from him...STOP LOOKING FOR KOBE!!! this is gonna hurt us cuz teams are gonna start doubling and tripling Kobe....this is where smush, lamar and kwame need to step up...

chris mihm...i dont know what to say about him anymore...i love how at the game i went to, i TOTALLY called it...i said mihm will have ONE good game...and then disappear the next 5....everyone at the game was lookin at me every timem mihm scored...and iw as like jus wait...u guys think he can keeep this up? i love how im right about mihm....and i would love to see all those ppls faces again....and where are those chris mihm lovers? solid starting center eh? yea...he hasnt changed one bit from last year....in fact hes worse than last year....

wait i sound like a panicked laker fan...of course mihm will pick it up sooner or later....but hes gonna be like this all year...up and down.....lets jus hope he can give us 10 and 5 a night...that should be enuff...cuz im expecting Kwame to break out of his shell soon as lakers start giving him the DAMN BALL
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:01 am

One thing you forgot. When he gets the ball, he looks unsure of what he wants to do with it. He hesitates. His foot work is bad at times. He needs some confidence. Maybe we should start a few games out, going to him early to let him create for himself and see if that boosts his confidence as to what to do in the post. D I think he is doing fine.....he misses some assignments here and there.........but he is doing a lot better than Chris Mihm/
Lakerfantilidie

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:12 am

Lakerfantilidie wrote:One thing you forgot. When he gets the ball, he looks unsure of what he wants to do with it. He hesitates. His foot work is bad at times. He needs some confidence. Maybe we should start a few games out, going to him early to let him create for himself and see if that boosts his confidence as to what to do in the post. D I think he is doing fine.....he misses some assignments here and there.........but he is doing a lot better than Chris Mihm/

but thast what im sayin...we need to go to him EARLY....get his confidence up....when u dont go to him the entire game and then go to him int he 4th...obviously hes gonna be a bit confused....we neeed to let kwame make some mistakes before he starts dominating....cuz right now he hasnt made many mistakes...and thats a bad thing...cuz he still has a lot to learn
FabFourLakers

Postby halekulani on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:56 am

kwame was impressive in the first half, but when it came down to it, kg took over the game. i don't really blame kwame though. kg is a premiere player and keeping him quiet for the first half of the game is what kept us close. kobe's 18 in the first half was huge (obviously)

lamar's choice of how to play offense bugs the crap out of me. i don't even consider odom a scoring option anymore. his jumper is flat and he doesn't attack the basket. he disrupts the offense rather than jumpstarting it. his unwillingness to take forceful action is breaking up the entire offense everytime someone passes him the ball. they can get much better ball movement with the ball never touching his hands to begin with.
halekulani

Postby Ryder Havasu on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:56 am

Considering this being the 2nd game of a back-to-back of a four game roadtrip I'm pissed but, I'm not that pissed. Fatigue set in, it happens. Kobe was still efficient and played a good game not spectacular by his standards. Lamar had a decent game, I still wonder about his shoulder as his shots are looking flat right when he releases the ball but that could also be signs of fatigue. Hello Kwame Brown can you continue to play like tonight? This was a promising performance by him and I hope it's is a glimpse of things to come. His D on KG was pretty solid, KG recovered in the 2nd half (that's what great players do). I like Kwame crashing the boards 13 times tonight. Only concern I have is Kwame please when you have the position close to the basket that you deserved cuz, you fought for it DUNK IT! It's not against the rules! Smush had his worst game so far in his brief Laker career, with him being such a surprise so far I write it off as a bad game. I hope he can step it up for the rest of the road trip. I'm looking forward to seeing our boys play in Philly.
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
Ryder Havasu

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:11 am

If this game would've been played after atleast 1 day rest, we would won, cuz all fatigue displayed in 4th quarter when Kobe scored only 2 pts, had 3 turnovers...
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby kwamejoke on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:18 am

SKKG wrote:The problem with Kobe is that he only knows one way to take over, and that's to shoot.

:man2: It's selfish play.
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight