West Finals - Game 1 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri May 21, 2004 9:04 pm

Ginofan wrote:A little slack game by the Lakers but I'm glad they pulled it out. Only 16 points for KG...that's what i like to see! Keep that guy under 20 and Lakers should have no problems.

Ginofan you are a real class act. I mean that too. I wish both our teams could win it all but in reality only one can.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby BDG on Fri May 21, 2004 9:05 pm

Told y'all Malone would give the "MVP" fits. :man12:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri May 21, 2004 9:06 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Told y'all Malone would give the "MVP" fits. :man12:

The Mailman spends the off-season chopping trees down. Today he did it again. :man10:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby crucifido on Fri May 21, 2004 9:06 pm

Too bad the Lakers are so old and decrepit and can't keep up with the young Pups huh? I hope this whole "the team is too old / we need some young guys in here" viewpoint is becoming more endangered game by game.

Just a great performance by all who stepped onto the court (sans Slava, but hey ya can'y have everything). Nice to see everyone play within the offense and the defense for most of the game was spot on what it needs to be to stifle Garnett.

Great game - 3 to go.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Ginofan on Fri May 21, 2004 9:11 pm

Ginofan you are a real class act. I mean that too. I wish both our teams could win it all but in reality only one can.

Thank you, I appreciate it! I keep telling my fellow Spurs fans that it's better to be beat by the team that wins it all, than to be beat by a team that doesn't...I'll stick by that in these coming weeks.
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Fri May 21, 2004 9:21 pm

i didnt get to watch the game cuz of some reason but i heard the lakers won and thats always good...
lets go lakers!!!!
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby gill on Fri May 21, 2004 9:25 pm

Damn it, I missed the game and constantly checked the box score at work. I have it on tape though. I just gotta see for myself how our team ran a "near-perfect offense"
gill

Postby shoe on Fri May 21, 2004 9:30 pm

im gonna post sportscenter highlights soon
shoe

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 21, 2004 9:37 pm

Very, very nice game. Four perfect quarters of basketball. Patience and posied. A great start for us!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby shoe on Fri May 21, 2004 9:37 pm

woo..it could take a WHILE to upload, my DAMN computer is sooo slow

anyways, good game, lets win game 2!
shoe

Postby gill on Fri May 21, 2004 9:38 pm

By the way, did I read this correct. Only 2 turnovers in the 2nd half???

Wow!
gill

Postby nosebleedbum on Fri May 21, 2004 9:45 pm

Very nice game indeed...despite having to play without a SF for most of the game.

I like the idea of having fish @ pg and payton at the 2. Kobe moves over to SF. That worked out really well tonight. I would bet that the lakers had a negative points to when devean was in there. On 2 misses that i saw, the wolves scored 5...phil yanked him of course.

Barkely said the lakers look like they were cruising, not really into it. True they weren't that intense but they were efficient. Put both together next game and the series is over. No way are they going to let Minnesota come back from an 0-2 deficit. That's why the lakers should go for cut throat.
nosebleedbum

Postby shoe on Fri May 21, 2004 10:27 pm

shoe wrote:woo..it could take a WHILE to upload, my DAMN computer is sooo slow

half up in an hour, so im goin to sleep, so tired! :man8:
shoe

Postby noxcel on Fri May 21, 2004 10:58 pm

nice game, 5 in a row now :jam2:
noxcel

Postby gill on Fri May 21, 2004 11:20 pm

Well, just finished watching the game on tape. Great game overall, well balanced, and Shaq ate up the T-Wolves' centers all night. Fisher made big shots and I hope he can continue knocking them down.

My only concern is the perimeter defense. Too many wide open jump shots by the T-Wolves down the stretch. We gotta close out on them faster.
gill

Postby magicmoment on Fri May 21, 2004 11:21 pm

i was real proud of our team today.. loved the game. i just thought that the wolves got too many 3's..
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Ring It Up on Fri May 21, 2004 11:42 pm

Player of the game......D Fish. As much as I wanted to give it to Malone, I have to go with Fish because he not only hit big shots tonight but there were timely shots. His last three slammed the door. But Karl is right there. Probably should be co-player of the game.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby mo' betta blue on Sat May 22, 2004 9:24 am

Amazing free throw performance by Shaq. I think he was 9 for 11. The nine free throws he made all looked the same and showed consistency. A solid and smooth FT form. I hope he can keep it up. Malone had another great game (17pts, 11rebs) against a premier power forward. He made his last 8 shots after his early shots were blocked. Great job of holding KG even. Not bad for a 40 yr old. Advantage...Malone!! D-Fish contributed as usual with 3bombs. He seems like he couldnt miss. Let's-gooo..Fish-errr!!! Let's-gooo..Fish-errr!!!
mo' betta blue

Postby G-Slinger on Sat May 22, 2004 11:41 am

Yeah they played horrible in the first half and were still ahead. That makes me confident that we can get the game sunday if we play an intense type of ball. But after that half the Lakers played well, and malone did a great job on Garnett. Damn between Fish's clutch three's and Malone's great defense on KG, the Lakers did great. Go for the kill on Sunday.
Kobe Bryant is better then Michael Jordan.

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Postby Peaz on Sun May 23, 2004 5:09 am

I watched today Game 1 for the first time (cause i live in lovely germany :man10: ).
And the Game was like...we cant lose this Game.
On every Basket from he T´Wolvers we hab an Answer, only in the 4th they had an little Run, but then again we came out big.

I liked the Game, Kobes Layup of the glass was :man4: .
Shaqs dunk on the Kandi Man was SICK! :man4: :man4: .

But can u remember the scene in the 2nd half when Kobe pump faked Sprewell got in the Air and ALL of the T´Wolves circled Kobe around the Zone...it looked so funny, i never saw something like that....KOBE against the T´Wolves. :man10:

The Lakers played a very good team basketball, they passed the ball well.
Peaz

Postby RHCP on Sun May 23, 2004 7:38 am

Us in 5...I think the T wolves will take one game either 2 or 3 or 4. Besides game five is on my birthday :jam2:
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight