West Finals - Game 2 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sun May 23, 2004 7:57 pm

Ginofan wrote:No big deal guys. I did say this could be the one that the Wolves get. All they did was what they were supposed to do right? Win at home. The Lakers will win both at home and take the lead. Don't panic just yet.

ur my favorite spurs fan :bow:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby lofton_wu on Sun May 23, 2004 7:59 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:
Ginofan wrote:No big deal guys. I did say this could be the one that the Wolves get. All they did was what they were supposed to do right? Win at home. The Lakers will win both at home and take the lead. Don't panic just yet.

yeah,so you are welcome here :man12:
lofton_wu

Postby dj vitus on Sun May 23, 2004 8:03 pm

jsm0331 wrote:71 points. A playoff franchise low for the Lakers.

That's tied with a game earlier in the playoffs.

Also, I think it ties a game back in 95 and another one many, many years ago...
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Sun May 23, 2004 8:05 pm

Slava got a T for pushing KG.

The replay showed KG pushed off for the layup.

Also, Malone gets ejected just cuz he's Malone. If anybody else like KG or sczcerbiak brushed off someone with their shoulder as Malone did, there wouldn't be any call.
dj vitus

Re: be careful

Postby murcielago62 on Sun May 23, 2004 8:06 pm

belly6 wrote:Listen to how ridiculous we sound. "They got 1 thats enough". well last year same thing and then they got game 3. I know we won the series. But this is eerily similar. The spurs series was exactly the same as last year except we one, image if this series balances out like that except they win. Remember Kobe wont be here for the first half of game 4. If the wolves manage to get game 3 we need to be real. It makes me furious that they played so out of control tonight. Anyway, i felt Spree's pick was the same as karls yet Karl gets thrown. i hope Phil brings that to the leagues attention. Game 3 is a must win so is 4. Im pissed we were uninspired in a game that could have virtually ended the series

Dude, if you don't win your home games, you don't deserve to win.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby JSM on Sun May 23, 2004 8:09 pm

dj vitus wrote:Also, Malone gets ejected just cuz he's Malone. If anybody else like KG or sczcerbiak brushed off someone with their shoulder as Malone did, there wouldn't be any call.

I agree. They watch Malone and his movement way too much. He does something that is remotely questionable and he gets tossed. Although Fisher was laying on the ground on two separate occasions, one from Spree knocking him down and neither were so much as a foul, much less a technical or an ejection.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Ginofan on Sun May 23, 2004 8:13 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:

Aren't I everyone's favorite? lol Kidding kidding!!! :man10:
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby lofton_wu on Sun May 23, 2004 8:16 pm

Ginofan wrote:
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:

Aren't I everyone's favorite? lol Kidding kidding!!! :man10:

oh,if Gino become Lakers next year....then,you will be Lakers fan? :man1:
lofton_wu

Postby murcielago62 on Sun May 23, 2004 8:19 pm

I got the margin of victory right! 18 pts! Can I have a cookie?
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby lakerzrule on Sun May 23, 2004 8:44 pm

Bottom line, the T-Wolves wanted to win this game more than the Lakers did. :man5: But now the Lakers are fired up and I think the next game will be just like Game 3 of the Spurs series, a blowout at Staples. :man1:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Sun May 23, 2004 8:46 pm

murcielago62 wrote:I got the margin of victory right! 18 pts! Can I have a cookie?

No, you got the score wrong. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Sun May 23, 2004 8:47 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
dj vitus wrote:Also, Malone gets ejected just cuz he's Malone. If anybody else like KG or sczcerbiak brushed off someone with their shoulder as Malone did, there wouldn't be any call.

I agree. They watch Malone and his movement way too much. He does something that is remotely questionable and he gets tossed. Although Fisher was laying on the ground on two separate occasions, one from Spree knocking him down and neither were so much as a foul, much less a technical or an ejection.

That was BS, Karl shouldn't have been thrown out of the game for that. :bang: But maybe he'll have a big game in L.A. because he'll be mad and take it to the T-Pups. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby murcielago62 on Sun May 23, 2004 8:50 pm

lakerzrule wrote:
murcielago62 wrote:I got the margin of victory right! 18 pts! Can I have a cookie?

But I got the margin of victory right...that's gotta count for something!
murcielago62

Postby JSM on Sun May 23, 2004 8:50 pm

lakerzrule wrote:That was BS, Karl shouldn't have been thrown out of the game for that. :bang: But maybe he'll have a big game in L.A. because he'll be mad and take it to the T-Pups. :jam2:

Well, one thing is for sure. Martin will be scared now, he will be looking around before he takes it to the basket or goes around a pick or whatever. Remember Nash after Malone popped him, he ran around and away from him, I expect to see the same thing from Martin. :man9:
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakerzrule on Sun May 23, 2004 8:55 pm

murcielago62 wrote:
lakerzrule wrote:

But I got the margin of victory right...that's gotta count for something!

OK, you can have a cookie, but don't forget the milk, and don't make a mess and leave the crumbs behind. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Sun May 23, 2004 8:58 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
lakerzrule wrote:That was BS, Karl shouldn't have been thrown out of the game for that. :bang: But maybe he'll have a big game in L.A. because he'll be mad and take it to the T-Pups. :jam2:

Well, one thing is for sure. Martin will be scared now, he will be looking around before he takes it to the basket or goes around a pick or whatever. Remember Nash after Malone popped him, he ran around and away from him, I expect to see the same thing from Martin. :man9:

True, Martin has gotten a special delivery from the Mailman and he won't forget the postage next time. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sun May 23, 2004 9:06 pm

lakers lost but we stole one in their home court... we have homecourt advantage now.. we could finish this either 5 or 6..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Kobe's Empire on Mon May 24, 2004 1:16 am

game 2 was comlete nonsense and everyone knows it. the best defender against hte mvp is in foul trouble and is sidelined most of the game. the wolves DID NOT get the job done. They gave up a game. Now we get the home court calls dammit or else there shall be hell to pay. watch, these wolves fans will seriously slither away if the lakers win.

THINK OF IT THIS WAY....DO U ACTUALLY THINK THE WOLVES CAN WIN 3 IN A ROW AGAINST MIGHTY LOS ANGELES????
Kobe's Empire

Postby Ginofan on Mon May 24, 2004 2:06 am

oh,if Gino become Lakers next year....then,you will be Lakers fan?

Argh let's not go there! :bang: I'm having a hard enough time with all the stupid Nuggets' rumors saying they are going to offer him BIG BIG bucks.
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby lakerzrule on Mon May 24, 2004 9:43 am

purple_and_gold_fever wrote:lakers lost but we stole one in their home court... we have homecourt advantage now.. we could finish this either 5 or 6..

I'm hoping the Lakers finish them off in 5 games. Assuming they take both at Staples, it'd be embarassing to lose again in Minny. But I think the Lakers have learned their lesson and won't slip up again. :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Mon May 24, 2004 9:47 am

Ginofan wrote:
oh,if Gino become Lakers next year....then,you will be Lakers fan?

Argh let's not go there! :bang: I'm having a hard enough time with all the stupid Nuggets' rumors saying they are going to offer him BIG BIG bucks.

I think Gino will stay with the Spurs. They're the only other team besides the Lakers who can win a championship in the future and the Spurs have plenty of money available. But if Gino ever became a Laker, it would be interesting, to say the least. :man10:
lakerzrule

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday