BEST SUMMER OF MOVIES IN LONG, LONG TIME!!

BEST SUMMER OF MOVIES IN LONG, LONG TIME!!

Postby LAKERNATION on Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:50 pm

this has been an incredible summer for action flicks: SWAT, BAD BOYS II(awesome chase & shootout scenes),MATRIX RELOADED, TERMINATOR 3 (took special fx to a whole new level)!!even tho i'm not a disney guy,even pirates of the caribbean had awesome fx as well!!

SPECIAL FX FLIX HAVE RULED THE SCREENS THIS SUMMER!! :wow:

if anyone can think of a better summer for action/special effects movies i dont know what it would be!!(not horror,but action/fx)
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:39 pm

I know. There is so much of them out this summer, I haven't have the time too see all of them. Just have to wait till they come out in DVDs.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby echo nation on Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:41 am

FX doesnt make a movie though

T3 was very disappointing

action scene was good though
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:28 am

You forgot the mention the best one so far ... and about the only really good one so far ...

Pirates of the Caribbean!
Kobe's Therapist

Postby BDG on Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:28 pm

Actually he said it in the first post. I thought the summer moview were pretty weak. The Matrix really can't be counted as summer-- it came out in May. Terminator 3 was good, Pirates was good, SWAT was weak, along with everything else I saw. I didn't think it was too great of a summer in terms of movies.

Is it just me, or have standards in movie quality lowered ever since the no-admittance to Rated-R rule came out? Now that theater staff members are checking at the doors, some movies shoot for a PG-13 rating just to draw a larger crowd to sell tickets to.

Anyone agree on this?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

WASNT AWARE THEYRE CHECKING ID'S HARDCORE!

Postby LAKERNATION on Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:33 pm

of course, i'm not a teen, but i dont think theyre checking teens for IDs in AZ for R movies, i went with a 16er to T3 & they said nothing to him! maybe different in cali since movie industry is based there & they probably have people there checking, just like trying to by alcohol underage is done most places!!
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Re: WASNT AWARE THEYRE CHECKING ID'S HARDCORE!

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:41 pm

LAKERNATION wrote:of course, i'm not a teen, but i dont think theyre checking teens for IDs in AZ for R movies, i went with a 16er to T3 & they said nothing to him! maybe different in cali since movie industry is based there & they probably have people there checking, just like trying to by alcohol underage is done most places!!

Lakernation, it's a lot different in Cali, especially LA. Many places are pretty uptight about it. It's not a matter if you're a teen or not, the fact is that they lowered movie standards (fewer R-rated movies = fewer realistic movies) to attract more teenagers. By the way, if you're over a certain age, you can accompany a 16-year old to an R-rated movie without being subject to questioning.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LARolePlayer on Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:30 am

Kobe's Therapist wrote:
You forgot the mention the best one so far ... and about the only really good one so far ...

Pirates of the Caribbean!

HELL YEA!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
LARolePlayer

Postby L.A. Dynasty on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:20 pm

Pirates Rocks! :jam2: Keira Knightley is a hottie!
"What matters is the name on the front of your jersey."
- Kobe Bryant (Start listening to your own quotes you big baby!)
L.A. Dynasty

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:24 pm

Ima go watch Pirates today at 3...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby LARolePlayer on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:54 pm

Roscoe,
You're going to LOVE IT!!! :jam2:
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
LARolePlayer

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:05 am

I'll wait thill they come out on DVD :jam2: :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe's Empire on Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:14 pm

this summer was very very good.......reaching from late spring to summer....

it all started with x-men 2, then matrix, then everything, a good movie came out every friday. not to mention, T3, american wedding, pirates of hte carribean and so on. underworld is coming out, and i cant wait to see that. i love these kinds of movies, i am a multimedia major and will eventually learn these things, but i love them. here here.
Kobe's Empire

Postby mazter_roshi on Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:47 pm

I've been to the movies 18 times this year, rented a lot and the only one's that stick out are: Head of State, Freddy VS Jason, Terminator 3, Bad Boys 2. And Cradle 2 The Grave made the grade. All the rest were crap!!!! Matrix Reloaded was like Matrix Recrapped, S.W.A.T should be swept under the carpet, after watching Daredevil I wish I was blind during the movie. Those are my personal picks, i'm not saying Pirates of the Caribben sucked but to me I'd a rather gave the ticket money to a hobo to get his daily fix of beer. But these are what I like, you all like your movies but these are my picks. I'm not critic and I don't take critics opinions seriously myself. THERE IDIOTS!!!!!!!! :man7:
mazter_roshi

Return to Lakers Multimedia