Derek Fisher - "Never Let Me Down"

Derek Fisher - "Never Let Me Down"

Postby Version One on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:09 am

As soon as I learned of the Derek Fisher trade, I was saddened and surprised by it like many other fans. With the acquisition of Ramon Sessions (who has been playing great and I'm really glad we got in a steal), it seemed like the Lakers were left with no choice but to get rid of one of their other PGs. In honor of D-Fish, here's a mix I made dedicated to one of my favorite all-time Lakers, Derek Fisher. Description is down below. Enjoy!

---

Having played 13 of his 16 NBA seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, Derek Fisher became a fan favorite and all-time Laker great with a variety of memorable moments displaying his ability to come through in the clutch. When he was sent to the Houston Rockets at this year's trade deadline, it was a shock to most fans across the nation. Although he is now a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder, he was always be a Laker for life. This video captures the entire run of Fisher's career with the Lakers, from being drafted with the 24th pick in the 1996 NBA Draft to winning 5 championships in the purple and gold.

Inspired by the Derek Fisher video tribute edited by Paul Nankivell and played at STAPLES Center prior to the Lakers-Thunder game on March 28th, I decided to make one of my own and expand on the use of Kanye West's "Never Let Me Down" in Nankivell's tribute as a theme for Fisher's will and determination to always make a big play when it mattered. Being a lifelong Laker fan, I had a great time putting this mix together as it took me back through the three-peat I got to experience growing up as well as the team's back-to-back title run in 2009 and 2010. Derek Fisher has always been one of my favorite players and will never be forgotten as a Laker.
Version One

Re: Derek Fisher - "Never Let Me Down"

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:08 am

Well it had to end some time, thankfully it did before the trade deadline. But he'll never be forgotten. And great video :jam2:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Return to Lakers Multimedia