Lakers Highlights 07-09

Lakers Highlights 07-09

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:48 am

I know this is likely repeated material, but God I miss this team. And it's not that hard to recreate this bench besides Lamar Odom by the way. It's a simple formula: run the damn break. These guys worked hard on D and then RAN THE FAST BREAK. How many fast break points have we had the last two years? like 3 a game?

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Lakers Highlights 07-09

Postby LakerFan247 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:02 am

man our team used to be so entertaining :jam2:
LakerFan247

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:30 am

Literally saw none of that ball movement, cuts to the basket, defensive effort and easy buckets like that this past season.

All that was beautiful, isolation offense not so much.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Literally saw none of that ball movement, cuts to the basket, defensive effort and easy buckets like that this past season.

All that was beautiful, isolation offense not so much.

I see it coming back this season. With Nash there, we're going to see morale just go through the roof. I fully expect this type of effort consistently.

No more Bynum/Gasol staring at each other wondering who's doing what and whose fault it was that the other team just blew in for a dunk.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 am

We don' have the personnel to play like this anymore ... everybody is older , the most athletic players are gone ... if you don't want/have the ability to create steals and run , well you're just a slow halfcourt team ..
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:18 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:We don' have the personnel to play like this anymore ... everybody is older , the most athletic players are gone ... if you don't want/have the ability to create steals and run , well you're just a slow halfcourt team ..

I don't really buy that. I think our bench unit this season could have run much more than it did. It couldn't duplicate Ariza/Sasha/Odom/Jordan on the break, but it could have at least tried to run more than it did.

Barnes/Ebanks/McRoberts are all good athletes and Blake is a decent fast-break PG (he's an underrated athlete actually). I wouldn't expect them to score 30 points a night that way, but they could have had more than whatever abyssmal total they had last season.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Multimedia