1/7 & 1/6 Lakers @ Nuggets & Wolves Daily Highlights

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:18 pm

I don't have Windows 98, so you gotta be a bit more descriptive with me so I can guide you a bit better...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:22 pm

ok i got windows media 9. Now i see them. There is MPEG2 and3 and 4

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:26 pm

First try playing the new videos and tell me what happens...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:29 pm

i click on a highlight and it opens a whole nother window to download the highlight. At the bottom left corner says it done downloading but the page is still blank.

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:31 pm

Try right clicking on a highlight and saying "Save Target As..."

Open the downloaded video in Windows Media Player and tell me what happens...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:35 pm

Ok i did save. But how do you open it with Windows media.

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:36 pm

First open up your Windows Media Player (your newest version) and go to the File menu and click open. Browse to where you saved it and open the file.

It should play, but if not, please tell me.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:36 pm

ok i got it but i could only hear it not see it

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:40 pm

Oh yeah and when im hearing it it says error downloading codec at the bottom

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:43 pm

That's weird...

You have the latest version of DivX and the latest version of Windows Media Player?

I really don't know what to tell you then... I'll give you one last suggestion to try.

I am trying to explain you how to get the great vids to work

@all with the latest windows media player

you go to

http://digital.knowleg.de/index.php?content=softshow&tid=47&menue=software

and then you download that prog, know you have a new video prog and you can open the clips with the windows media player

you need not play the clips with the new prog, play it with the media player[/url]

badboy2k4 posted this, see if it works for you...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:48 pm

yeah i went there and i dont see where it says to download. Besides i cant uderstand what it says If its the Elecard Mpeg2-cdec there is a banner to click to download but as soon as i click it i get hella pop ups. to the point that my computer freezes for about like 5 minutes

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:51 pm

That's weird, lemme try it out in a bit...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:01 pm

You have to click that banner in the middle apparently to get the download to start... after clicking the banner it should download on its own...

Let me know how that works out

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:05 pm

By the way, if you're looking for tonight's Nuggets highlights, there won't be many, probably two clips.

Since there's not a lot, I'll combine em with this thread.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:07 pm

Now it wont download. I click on the banner and it takes me to another website that was on the banner

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:12 pm

It takes me to a cultbag website :man3:

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:12 pm

That's weird... it downloaded automatically for me. It does open up a lot of popups though.

I'm sorry, that's about it for my suggestions... I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe try that link again. If you somehow find out what the problem was, please tell me so I can improve the videos for viewers that are in a situation like yours.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:19 pm

Now i clicked the banner and it gave me like 50 pop ups.im not sure if i downloaded. I tried translating the website to english but it cant find the server.

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:22 pm

Haha, I hate popups...

Out of those 50, there should have been a small square-shaped one in the top-left hand corner of your screen. That should automatically prompt you if you want to save a .zip file you're downloading... that should be the one. You would have known if it downloaded, you'll have to specify where you want it to download to.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:24 pm

I think i have it. But its on my Folders as EMpgPlay 13 5. What do i do with it

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:24 pm

Not on my folder, its on my documents.

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:26 pm

Oh nice then, double click on the file, follow the setup's instructions and install it on your computer.

Then, according to badboy2k4, you can play my highlights on Windows Media Player (the newest version) including the new program.

Let me know what happens after you've tried all that-- that's a good sign...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:31 pm

When i double click it. It takes me directly to windows media player (nothing about setting it up) but then it says that windows media player cannot recognize it because it may be corrupt (whatever that means) Or the player doesnt support the format im trying to play.

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:33 pm

?? That makes no sense...

Do you mean when you double click the highlights or the .zip file? The zip file should extract into a setup file. Use the setup file to install the player.

Then try and play the clips with Windows Media Player and if that doesn't work, try playing it with the new media player that you downloaded with this file.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:40 pm

I WANT SOME RAPTORS DAILY HIGHLIGHT PLEASE! :man11:

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Multimedia