2012: Dwight Howard wants to come to the Lakers

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

2012: Dwight Howard wants to come to the Lakers

Postby Neo on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:16 pm

NBA Trade Rumors: Dwight Howard Headed to the Los Angeles Lakers?

NBA Trade Rumors: If you're an Orlando Magic fan, don't fret--the Magic aren't trading Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers. 

But Howard does have an early termination option in his contract, and the latest rumor floating around is that the two-time Defensive MVP could be gone from Orlando after next season.

And his first choice? Yep, the Lakers.

Despite the recent trades--done to win a championship this year and keep Howard in Orlando--numerous websites are reporting that how the rest of this season plays out could have a drastic effect on Howard's future.

Ken Berger of CBS Sports and ESPN The Magazine's report that it could be "championship or bust" for the Magic.

Magic fans, start worrying.
Neo

Re: 2012: Dwight Howard wants to come to the Lakers

Postby captainhoop on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Of course. Everyone would want to join the Lakers some point. The Lakers are the Yankees of basketball and that is a good thing.
HUGE LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN & BASKETBALL CARD COLLECTOR!
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR MY TRADELIST.

captainhoop

Postby eNlight on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:25 am

:jam2: :jam2: YAY, but i'm doubtful this will happen. possible? yes, probable? no
eNlight

Postby Lakeshow24 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Would love to trade Bynum for Carmelo then see Howard here.

Kobe, Howard, Pau, Odom, Melo. . . unstoppable.

And now I'm waking up from my dream. :bang:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Laker Swagger on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:05 pm

:bow: i would love if this was to happen. he is soooo good! Look at those guns.. no one can power up the way he does! im hoping we get him :jam2:
Laker Swagger

Postby lakernation24 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:29 am

He would be a perfect fit for them. Trade Bynum, get even more depth and put Howard down low...wow, now THAT's a team!
lakernation24

Postby rateyourseats on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Problem is, Kobe is 34 at that point with more than 15 full seasons on his legs and knees -- and Gasol is 32 with 11 seasons.
RateYourSeats.com - Find the best seats by reading seat reviews or help others by rating your seats in popular sports and concert venues.
rateyourseats

Postby escobar8 on Mon May 09, 2011 3:46 am

if we trade with orl...
i wish it would be howard + arenas for bynum, walton, artest and blake

this is biiigggg gamble couse arenas has huge contract for another 3 years...but if he is healthy i would roll the dice...
he would be perfect pg if we continue with the triangle...big pg/sg that can pass and shoot...i think orl gaved up on him and i doubt they will be able to trade him...this way they get pretty much few uselles players...but they have bigger chance to trade artest or blake later than moving arenas...
i realy like bynum and i have huge respect for him but i would trade him for the dh12 in the heartbeat becouse his injury issues...
escobar8

Postby Ko8e4Life on Sun May 15, 2011 2:03 pm

if he wants to,let the big guy.
LA are known for "stealing" big guys since the wilt chamberlain era.
1-wilt(sixers)
2-kareem(bucks)
3-shaq(magic)
4-pau(grizzlies)
5-possibly howard :man1: :man1: :man1:
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
Ko8e4Life

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors