"Bynum for Bosh" summer deal done?

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

Re: "Bynum for Bosh" summer deal done?

Postby bystander on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:38 am

realgm raps fans have a 25 pages thread about it, half of them jerking off about Bynum

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... &t=1006891

one of them wants this

Bynum + Walton + Vuj + Shannon Brown + pick

for

Bosh + Calderon + Belinelli

put there Farmar for Walton and i would do it.

Fisher/Calderón
Bryant/Belinelli
Artest/Walton
Bosh/Odom
Gasol/DJ
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue May 04, 2010 9:18 am

Why are we all still so enamored with Bynum? When he’s healthy AND motivated, he’s a beast. The problem is Bynum gets hurt ALL THE TIME. He has missed significant time the last 3 seasons and he’s hurt again right now with a torn meniscus that will likely need MORE surgery after the season. Dude is 22 years old and is being cut open on a yearly basis. Bosh would make us smaller, but we’d be better offensively. With Kobe’s offensive game slowing down a bit, having an offensive weapon of Bosh’s caliber would be better than Bynum. I don’t see Bosh disappearing and becoming irrelevant And Bosh and Gasol’s games are a tad different. Gasol plays and spends more time in the post than Bosh.
Savory Griddles

Postby hulkst3r on Thu May 06, 2010 4:24 pm

^^^^^ yea the problem is Bynum is injury prone even he said it himself....there are tons of players in the past and present that never reach their full potential because of injuries so there is also a risk in keeping bynum...if the right deal comes along then we should trade him to make our team even better.
hulkst3r

Postby KOBEKOBE on Fri May 07, 2010 3:11 pm

As much as i enjoy bynum's offense and defense, he seems to get injure a lot. once kobe retire we really need someone to build around with, bynum could be that young talent we need. i 2 believe bosh and pau are similar player therefore i rather keep bynum. there are not many goooood center in the league... we need him.
KOBEKOBE

Postby therealdeal on Fri May 07, 2010 5:01 pm

^ No more picks. The Lakers are already short on picks for a while now.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kobeownslebron on Wed May 19, 2010 4:01 am

I sure hope so.
kobeownslebron

Postby nameant on Wed May 19, 2010 4:57 am

Kinda works out. Pau is more than capable of playing C and as far as Bynum...the Raptors won't make the playoffs anyway so Bynum being injured at that time won't hurt them at all.
nameant

Postby The Laker Link on Wed May 19, 2010 2:28 pm

kray28 wrote:Why would we trade a true center for a power forward who essentially duplicates Pau's skill set?

Why is this even in Laker Discussion when it belongs in the Trade Forum?

Isn't Pau a bit better at Center anyway!? And if he pretty much duplicates and Pau can play amazingly well at Center, then we are still good whether it is Bosh or Bynum.

If Bynum is hurt a lot, I guess it would be nice to do but I don't know, I wish we could keep Bynum and Pau and do the trade still.

But then that is 3 All-Stars plus Odom on the team, so I say that is game for me.

Just need to trade/sign for every other need we need.
The Laker Link

Postby A.A.HERNANDEZ on Sun May 23, 2010 1:23 pm

The Lakers will trade for Bosh. Because that will make them quicker offensively and especially defensively. Bosh can cover more areas than Bynum. Plus Bosh is a better offensive player with that jump shot of his, which I know he has a range from about 20 feet. And Bosh like Gasol can get out on the fast break a lot more which will be devastating! With Bosh teams will be less likely to double team anybody on the Lakers. We will still control the glass with Gasol, Bosh, Lamar Odom ( LO ), and with Kobe and Artest finishing the game - forget about it! We will make that trade because we can still get good players for Bynum while he is still young. And with the free agency coming I guarantee the Lakers will make a deal to get one of those great players. The Lakers have the players and the money to do it - Lakerrzzz!
A.A.HERNANDEZ

Postby kobeownslebron on Wed May 26, 2010 2:54 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Plus Bynum >>> Bosh.

:lol:
kobeownslebron

Postby Damian Necronamous on Sat May 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Win or lose, I think Bynum is gone. I'm almost positive we'll do this deal if we don't win it all.

Bynum and Sasha for Bosh seems to be what makes the most sense. If Toronto tries to dump Calderon on us, that will complicate things a bit. He's a solid offensive PG when healthy - good jumper, good passer - but his defense has ALWAYS been a liability. For those of you who kill Fisher for his defense, just remember that Calderon is much worse.

Then we need to evaluate our PG situation (Fisher, Farmar, Brown) and decide who we want back, followed by using our MLE to either bring in a replacement PG or a shooter off the bench.
Damian Necronamous

Postby Stearnfxr on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:18 am

I knew the Laker's would keep Bynum, his impact at C far outweighs Bosh's on the perimeter at PF.
Stearnfxr

Postby TT24 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:41 am

:man10:

Knew this wasn't happening.
TT24

Postby DaBlackMamba24 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Mitch again shows why he's the best GM in the business. Refusing to deal Kobe and Bynum, signing then resigning Fish, traded for Gasol, refusing to trade Odom and resigning Odom, and signing Ron Ron.
Lakers Projected Rotation :

Fish/Kobe/Ron/Pau/Drew

Steve/ShanWow/Matt/Lamar/Theo
DaBlackMamba24

Postby markstore703209 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:48 pm

bosh was in heat, how contiune this topic??
markstore703209

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:57 am

markstore703209 wrote:bosh was in heat, how contiune this topic??

Bosh was in heat? :man10: Well, LeBron probably brought his mom with him to Miami so there's always that route for Bosh.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:05 am

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby inkobewetrust on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:14 am

markstore703209 wrote:bosh was in heat, how contiune this topic??

:man10:
inkobewetrust

Previous

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors