Chances of 2nd Pick

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

Chances of 2nd Pick

Postby 24kB on Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 pm

The Sixers would reportedly trade the second overall pick in this year's draft to a team that is willing to take Elton Brand's contract off their hands.

Brand's deal pays him $51 million over the next three seasons.

Via ESPN

Do you think the Lakers would try and go after the 2nd pick? It would probably mean trading Bynum and filler, for a horrid Elton Brand, but we could get a center in the draft or just move Gasol to the C and have Odom come off the bench. Then try and move Brand for a future 2nd round pick. What do you think?
24kB

Re: Chances of 2nd Pick

Postby KB24 on Fri May 21, 2010 1:06 pm

trying to move Brand for a second rounder? who is gonna do that? thats beyond pipe.

also I'm not too involved in this draft to be certain....but I think this draft is overrated at this point...not too many great talents nor a lot of depth to beginn with.

We don't need Turner or Wall so why bother to grab the second pick and a radioactive K like Brand?

I rather stick to Bynum.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby bb7793 on Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 pm

How much is left on Bynums contract at this point? The real thing we are weighing is the input of Brand vs. Bynum. I dont think Brand works in the system in philly. Dude isnt washed up because he is just a guy with a big motor. I would be willing to consider this depending on other moves that are made. Adding Evan turner could be great for this team as they prepare for Kobe to decline. Turner can handle the rock. No way Phil turns the reigns over to this kid but he could get some run at the point in the triangle and be dangerous for us. All we need Brand to do is be decent down low. His toughness can still help Pau but we would have to get something else from philly to sweeten this deal. Lou williams would make me say yes. Remember guys most folks are expecting Shannon to opt out this summer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i was gonna rip his heart out, im the best ever. im the most brutal, viscious, and most ruthless champion theres every been. my style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, im just furocious i want your heart, i want to eat his children. Praise Be To ALLAH!!"

- Mike Tyson
bb7793

Postby sho on Tue May 25, 2010 4:57 pm

I know I'm in the minority with it, but I'd be OK with trading Bynum + filler for Brand and then using the #2 for Cousins. IMO, Cousins will be a better pro than Bynum if he keeps his head on straight, and whatever the filler is, Brand will be better. It'll give the Lakers a great front line rotation between Brand/Odom/Gasol/Cousins. The two main problems 1) $$$$ it'll raise the luxury tax by a large amount. 2) It doesn't address the Lakers two biggest needs, getting a PG under contract and getting a healthy SF to back up Ron. While I like the trade idea on paper, it just doesn't fit with what the Lakers needs will be.
sho

Postby thkthebest on Sat May 29, 2010 6:19 am

KB24@CL wrote:trying to move Brand for a second rounder? who is gonna do that? thats beyond pipe.

also I'm not too involved in this draft to be certain....but I think this draft is overrated at this point...not too many great talents nor a lot of depth to beginn with.

We don't need Turner or Wall so why bother to grab the second pick and a radioactive K like Brand?

I rather stick to Bynum.

That may be true, but remember that everyone was saying this last draft was sorry. I've ready so many articles and heard so many people say that Blake Griffin was the only legitimate franchise player, but we got a pretty decent draft.
thkthebest

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors