Lakers - Orlando (no Dwight) from rgm

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

Lakers - Orlando (no Dwight) from rgm

Postby Phil XI on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:39 am

This trade was tossed in twice (once in late May and once Now) by two different lakers posters (clublakers and doormat on rgm) and blew up with overwhelming approval from Magic, Lakers, and neutral fans, both times it was posted.

Wanted to see what this board thinks?

out: Lamar Odom
in: Jameer Nelson, Ryan Anderson

- gives LA a true solid Pg they need and a stretch four to open up the middle for Drew/Pau, also gets LA younger as Nelson 3 yrs younger than Odom and Anderson is 9 yrs younger - both are under contract two more seasons. Laker fans on rgm loved it provided two things happen, Blake is traded and a big is signed for insurance.

- for Orlando, gives them a versatile proven piece to show D12 they are committed to winning, a second rebounder, gives the minutes for Arenas whom they appear to be vested in and want to get their moneys worth, and changes Hedo's role for the positive. Magic fans loved it to try and save D12 and liked the Gil, Hedo, Odom, Dwight potential to challenge Miami, Chicago.

Thoughts?
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Re: Lakers - Orlando (no Dwight) from rgm

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 am

I've talked about this before somewhere.

I kind of like it. Jameer isn't the best PG out there, but he's certainly a solid option. The problem would be that the Lakers would have 3 PGs on the roster that need minutes.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Phil XI on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Yeah that seems to be the first caveat. Lakers must move Blake. Cannot have a 3rd str Pg at 4m.

Which teams need a b/u PG? NYK for sure. Possibly Miami if they let Chalmers and Bibby walk. Toronto, Calderon and combo's. Wiz have nobody behind Wall after they traded Hinrich, they had to sign Mustafa Shakur to finish the year. Suns if they let Brooks walk.

Looks like there are some options... but 3y/12m may be tough to move by itself.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby captainhoop on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Pass. I dont think Jameer Nelson would be good for the Lakers.
HUGE LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN & BASKETBALL CARD COLLECTOR!
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR MY TRADELIST.

captainhoop

Postby just another pair on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:42 pm

please bring cp3 over to LA
just another pair

Postby L4L on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:18 pm

I have always liked Nelson. He's undersized but an absolutely terrific shooter. He's not the greatest playmaker, but doesn't need to be on a team like this. His defense improved tremendously with SVG and while next to Dwight. Bynum, hopefully, could play a similar role and we all know Brown is capable of similar coaching effect. At the end of the day, he's still not a very good defender. The Fish frustrations would not be eliminated.

Anderson is another intriguing piece. Our offense has ALWAYS run better with Odom at the four. Anderson provides even better spacing than Odom (by far) and would be one of our best shooters immediately.

This is one of the few truly intriguing deals to me. Jameer would finally give us another perimeter player capable of creating offense (20ppg+ when given minutes). Both Nelson and Anderson are terrific shooters and would instantly become two of our top five shooters on the team (Nelson would instantly become our best IMO). Nelson, to a degree, addresses some of athleticism concerns. Most importantly, this would allow us to play our best five in crunch time:

Nelson - Bryant - Artest - Gasol - Bynum

I'm not sure this makes Orlando any better though.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 pm

^ In my opinion it makes Orlando better, that's why I proposed it. They are paying Arenas a TON of money... they need to give him one final shot to show the team (and Dwight) that it wasn't a huge mistake taking him on.

Odom next to Dwight is a GREAT 4/5. They still have Bass to back-up Odom, and Turkoglu, for all of his downfalls recently, is still a 40% 3PT shooter.

For us? I think it's simple; we get our PG and get back a more than decent back-up 4 who can stretch the daylights out of the floor.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby TLew77 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:27 pm

no, i really like lamar and don't think Jameer will be a all star point guard
TLew77

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors