LA Lakers problems/solutions... Need good players

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

LA Lakers problems/solutions... Need good players

Postby 3pt laker fan on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:33 am

lakers shouldn't be thinking of trading The Great Bynum for Chris Bosh :bang: because Bynum is way better, younger, taller with more skilled, etc. Also a CENTER a good one. Bosh can be a center but not that tall or skilled for that job, he is already a good PF and obviously they already have good PF like Pau Gasol which can be a centers sometimes, Lamar Odom, who is also good, and Josh Powell for backup. (All Good)
There is another rumor for getting Chris Paul....... What's with all the good Chris in the NBA. No need for him, he is already good with the hornets And David West why would he want to go to the Lakers?!?

•Lakers should be thinking of getting a good and fast point guards. The PG they have now are good, but they can't handle or catch up with some people like R. Rondo, J.Nelson, J.Williams, C. Paul and so much more.
•Lakers needs a good shooter
They have Fisher(the best), Kobe and others for shooters(3pts), but not that well or don't shoot that often. Not to get me wrong, there good, but Lakers need high percentage shooters like Jason Kapono or Ben Gordon...... They will really make the crowd off their seats :man13: or the crowd silent. :man6:
Lakers, if you are reading this, think about it!

lakers should think of getting these people
1.Jose Calderon :man4: :bow: :man12:
3.Devin Harris :man3:
2. Ben Gordon :man13: :jam2:
4.Jason Kapono :mad1:

Comment if you think lakers should do something about it
3pt laker fan

Re: LA Lakers problems/solutions... Need good players

Postby KOBEKOBE on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:32 am

Bynum is good but he is not playing that much for us right now. when he is in the game he always get into foul trouble. Not to mention he is injury problemsssssssssss. i still think we need a better assist point guard though
KOBEKOBE

Postby thkthebest on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:11 pm

I find it odd that everyone is a 3pt shooter from your list except Harris (random?). I like Harris.

Calderon's salary is pretty bad, and he's a bad defender. He'd be great for spacing though, and he's a good decision maker. I just don't think he's worth the contract.

Ben Gordon is an even worse contract. Way overpaid for what he does so no.

Kapono might thrive in our system.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby 3pt laker fan on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:21 am

thkthebest wrote:I find it odd that everyone is a 3pt shooter from your list except Harris (random?). I like Harris.

Calderon's salary is pretty bad, and he's a bad defender. He'd be great for spacing though, and he's a good decision maker. I just don't think he's worth the contract.

Ben Gordon is an even worse contract. Way overpaid for what he does so no.

Kapono might thrive in our system.

I just think Harris is a good PG. He can't shoot 3 but he can make the game work
3pt laker fan

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Here's what I'd like to see:
Split the MLE between Shaun Livingston and Dorell Wright
sign Brad Miller with the vets minimum
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby thkthebest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 am

I like Harris too. He'd provide us with dribble penetration. He can draw fouls. He's quick. He's one of the few players who can stay in front of quick PGs when he puts his mind to it. I don't see how we could get him though.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Artest37 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Here's some problems:

1. Westbrook
2. Durant
3. OKC

Remember how slow they made us look in round 1? Next year they'll have a year of exp. under their belts and the Lakers will be 1 year older/slower unless they go out and get some speed to match at the 1 and 3 spots.
Artest37

Postby allornothing on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:12 pm

We really need some defensive speed on this team. Shannon does have quickness but not laterally. Farmar sometimes just doesn't try or too small.

I feel the need for speed.
allornothing

Postby wydellmd on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Sign J.Oneal, Bell, and T-Mac for Vet min. S&T Jordan and Sasha for Felton.

I know J. Oneal, Bell, and Mcgrady are past thier prime, but we don't need any of them to start. They would be more than servicable backups though. Oneal would be a great backup center for either Gasol or Bynum.
I would love to get Felton for the MLE, but I think he would want a little more money, that's why I suggested a sign and trade with Charlotte. Charlotte can sign him for 8-9 million a season, then we could sign Jordan for about 3-4 million and send him to Charlotte to be thier starting point gaurd. Charlotte gets a starting point gaurd for a cheap price, and a expring contract of 5 million. IF it all works out, this is what our lineup could look like next year.

Felton/Fisher/Brown
Kobe/Bell/Mcgrady
Artest/Mcgrady/Walton
Pau/Odom
Bynum/J.Oneal

Wow, that linup has me drooling already. It would also be very possible to pull off, because all three of those vets listed, I am sure would be willing to play for the Vet min, if it ment getting a ring or two. I think this would be our best possible scenario, unless we could pull a deal of Bynum and Walton for Bosh., Then our lineup would be even scarier
wydellmd

Postby wydellmd on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Sign J.Oneal, Bell, and T-Mac for Vet min. S&T Jordan and Sasha for Felton.

I know J. Oneal, Bell, and Mcgrady are past thier prime, but we don't need any of them to start. They would be more than servicable backups though. Oneal would be a great backup center for either Gasol or Bynum.
I would love to get Felton for the MLE, but I think he would want a little more money, that's why I suggested a sign and trade with Charlotte. Charlotte can sign him for 8-9 million a season, then we could sign Jordan for about 3-4 million and send him to Charlotte to be thier starting point gaurd. Charlotte gets a starting point gaurd for a cheap price, and a expring contract of 5 million. IF it all works out, this is what our lineup could look like next year.

Felton/Fisher/Brown
Kobe/Bell/Mcgrady
Artest/Mcgrady/Walton
Pau/Odom
Bynum/J.Oneal

Wow, that linup has me drooling already. It would also be very possible to pull off, because all three of those vets listed, I am sure would be willing to play for the Vet min, if it ment getting a ring or two. I think this would be our best possible scenario, unless we could pull a deal of Bynum and Walton for Bosh., Then our lineup would be even scarier
wydellmd

Postby dj vitus on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:34 pm

allornothing wrote:We really need some defensive speed on this team...

I feel the need for speed.

wydellmd wrote:Sign J.Oneal, Bell, and T-Mac for Vet min. S&T Jordan and Sasha for Felton.

something doesn't look right...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors