Lakers...the perfect team, or not?

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

Lakers...the perfect team, or not?

Postby 3pt laker fan on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:30 pm

RIght now the Lakers are very good. they filled most of the holes that were deep.
they got another great defender that is also good at offensive, and a Center/Power Forward that can help the lakers by blocking, rebounding. The two new players are becoming like the Bulls when Phil Jackson was there.
Pippen, Rodman And Jordan.
Before it was Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom.
Later Kobe, Gasol, Artest.

Now lakers Pippen is Artest, Odom, Gasol, Bynum
lakers Rodman is Artest and Barnes
And, Lakers is Kobe and Gasol

the team's roster is probably good, but they really need a shooter when their in trouble with few points at the fourth quarter. they also need a fast Point Guard that is good as Derek FIsher.

I'm thinking like, Channing Frye and Russell Westbrook.
Frye is good at suns how about the Lakers.
Westbrook isn't that good but since they have Bryant, Odom, Gasol, Artest to help him, he is going to be very good for sure.

I want Devin Harris, Rudy Gay, and Micheal Redd...but how can we get them?

Please comment which do you think can help the lakers and make them undisputible! :bow:
3pt laker fan

Re: Lakers...the perfect team, or not?

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:37 am

probably one of the single hardest posts to understand since I've been here...

But I think you're saying the Lakers should acquire Channing Frye, Russel Westbrook, Rudy Gay, Devin Harris, or Michael Redd...

None of those have any realistic chance of happening. None of those are necessary. This team doesn't need a single other component to compete at the highest possible level.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nameant on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:41 am

My head hurts. We have by far the most complete team in the league and you still want more?
nameant

Postby danielt888 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:31 pm

First of all, Channing Frye is not a point guard. We do have a new point guard to back up or play along Derek Fisher at point. We don't really need a true point guard with Phil system. It's a plus to have a good outside shooting guard like Ray Allen, Michael Redd, etc. We need good tough defenders like Artest, Barnes, Ratliff, more than scoring. We have enough scoring power from Kobe, Pau, Bynum, etc. We need to stop the opposition to win esp. the likely challengers will be either Heat, Boston, or Magic.
danielt888

Postby Magicforever on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:39 pm

nameant wrote:My head hurts. We have by far the most complete team in the league and you still want more?

By far? Try about by 4 points in a 7-game series.
I love the NBA Dynasty Series: The Complete History of the Lakers, saw it free here. Awesome classic games on these DVDs...

Magic fan Forever
Magicforever

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Magicforever wrote:
nameant wrote:My head hurts. We have by far the most complete team in the league and you still want more?

By far? Try about by 4 points in a 7-game series.

First off, you're talking about last year's team. LA has since filled the major holes in their roster by replacing Farmar with Blake, bringing in Barnes to pick up Luke's minutes, signing Theo as Bynum insurance and nabbing a pair of 2nd rounders with a fairly decent amount of potential.

That being said, your argument (aside from having little to nothing to do with nameant's comments) is one-sided and could easily be flipped on its head. You could look at it as LA "only winning by four points in a seven game series" but you could also argue that the team rallied from being down two games to three to win it all in a seven game series. Not only that, this team withstood a 13 point deficit in the 3rd quarter of Game 7. That says A LOT about a team's resilience and their refusal to go down without a fight.

But as I said, your comments have little to nothing to do with what nameant was talking about. He was simply pointing out that LA's roster on paper is the most complete throughout the league which is very true. He's not talking about actual game performances, just how they appear on paper. Show me another team in the league that looks as deep as LA does on paper from 1 through 5. Aside from being a bit weak at the starting 1 guard, LA is stacked.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby freddurst on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:26 am

So....for me best ever team was Chicago season 96.......
freddurst

Postby captainhoop on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:16 pm

I like the first Lakers squad from the 99-00 Championship year. We were solid 10 deep with veterans who knew what to do.
HUGE LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN & BASKETBALL CARD COLLECTOR!
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR MY TRADELIST.

captainhoop

Postby Laker Swagger on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:48 pm

the emotional issues make me feel like = :bang:
but i love our guys and were gonna 3-peaat!! :man9:
Laker Swagger

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors