lakers want devin harris!

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

lakers want devin harris!

Postby sticky on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 pm

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2010/01/20/lakers-have-inquired-about-devin-harris/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Lakers Have Inquired About Devin Harris
By Jaime Quintanilla | January 20, 2010 | Lakers News 8 comments
Who would you give up if you were Mitch? Shannon? Vujacic? Morrison? Sound-off…

Silver Screen & Roll: This from ESPN’s Ric Bucher on his podcast today. No further details from Ric about when this inquiry incurred or what, if anything specific, the Lakers offered to give up. No handicapping from him, either, on the odds of a deal, so just throw it on the rumor pile.

For what it’s worth, a trade for Devin Harris would be pretty easy to get done under the salary cap. He makes a relatively modest $8.4 million this year and has three years (after this one) left on this contract.

A combination of Adam Morrison and either Jordan Farmar or Shannon Brown would satisfy salary-matching rules and free up money for New Jersey to make their offseason free-agent push.
KOBE 4 MVP!

Re: lakers want devin harris!

Postby Romy134 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:20 pm

I hope we dont lose brown, idk i just like the guy but harris is the answer to our problems
Romy134

Postby TKainZero on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:16 am

Giving up Shannon Brown to get Devin Harris would be worth it.
100 people see fire.
99 start screaming and getting hysterical over all the smoke.
I start looking for the cause.

Concern yourselves with the Problems, not the Symptoms.
TKainZero

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:48 pm

I bet they would rather have Corey Brewer and Ricky Rubio. Two players with cheap contracts, and a PG who is younger and has much more upside than Harris. Sadly, Minnesota is not letting "Spanish Magician" go. :man6:
LAKEROC

Postby DivineIcez on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:28 pm

No way ricky rubio will not come to losangeles. and no one wants him too

id take devin harris for brown and farmer
DivineIcez

Postby team_me on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:18 pm

if we do give up brown 2 get haRRIS I think the nets should throw in terrence williams but i doubt we will make this trade but still we need a high flyer.! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2mtb4d8i6w
team_me

Postby Deluxe on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:16 pm

TKainZero wrote:Giving up Shannon Brown to get Devin Harris would be worth it.

Agreed, Devin Harris could go to a lot of teams and be a genuine and legit starter. They'd be well worth the trade even though I've started to like Shannon Brown as of late.
Deluxe

Postby Shampagni on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Romy134 wrote:I hope we dont lose brown, idk i just like the guy but harris is the answer to our problems

I would love to get Harris, but Brown should be out of the deal!
Trade:
Morrison, Sasha, Farmar & that would be enough, we also need a reliable three point shooter. I personally love that kid Curry, I think that he is something special. :man13:
Shampagni

Postby lchiu on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:55 am

the only players im willing to give up:

morrison
vujacic
walton
mbenga
lchiu

Postby aolujumu on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:47 am

Boy if we had got Devin Harris and traded him with
fisher, that would have been a very good deal...
aolujumu

Postby kobe7193 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:14 am

I think Devin Harris should stay with the ne ts brown has some major talent and he really young but devon is not a passing point guard he is more of shooter. The lakers need to get rid of Jordan Farmar because Shannon Brown is the the good young point guard who can be the starting point in two years or maybe next year depending on fisher
kobe7193

Postby KB24 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:51 am

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Harris is an all-star caliber PG....Brown is a backup SG...

I would give up Shannon in a heartbeat for one of the 3 best defensive PGs in the NBA who has incredible speed and can get to the line at will. Only thing that Harris is not really good at is shooting. Other than that he is the answer to all our prayers.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Larry14r on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Guys we never had a chance at Harris because the Nets know that getting John Wall is not a sure thing because they might not even get the #1 overall pick (25% chance) thus why they won't trade Harris besides if they knew they are getting the number one pick they would had traded Harris at the deadline.
Larry14r

Postby Satan on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:59 pm

KB24@CL wrote::man10: :man10: :man10:

Harris is an all-star caliber PG....Brown is a backup SG...

I would give up Shannon in a heartbeat for one of the 3 best defensive PGs in the NBA who has incredible speed and can get to the line at will. Only thing that Harris is not really good at is shooting. Other than that he is the answer to all our prayers.

Seriously, I would trade anyone besides Kobe, Artest, Lamar, Pau or Bynum for this kid.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors