Monta Ellis/David Lee?

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

Monta Ellis/David Lee?

Postby treefunk on Mon May 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Think about it, Magic are not going to trade Dwight Howard for an injury prone Andrew Bynum and even at that if you throw in Ron Artest, who is coming to the end of his career, it most likely will not happen. Take a look outside the box and ignore Chris Paul and Howard because most likely it will not happen. Look at in my opinion one of the most underatted players in the league. Monta Ellis 24ppg, would be a great addition to the lakers who would run the offense and be able to score even at the PG, creating a duo in the back court with Kobe.

Trade Andrew for David Lee (16ppg) who is a great rebounder and in my opinion can score the ball way better than Andrew Bynum. Oh and hes not injury prone.

Andrew - David Lee
Lamar / Ron artest - Monta Ellis
treefunk

Re: Monta Ellis/David Lee?

Postby JordanL24 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:35 am

NO....Lakers please dont do this. I would be fine if the deal revolved around Pau and maybe Blake as a throw in but we do not need 3 PFs on the Lakers (Pau,Lee,Odom) and then a soft center in Gasol. I think with Coach Brown if Lakers have Bynum or Howard in the middle then with Brown's defensive mindset then Lakers would quickly turn into one of the best teams in the NBA.
Do something like Gasol and Steve Blake to Warriors for Ellis and Lee.

Obviously with Jerry West now with GSW he is looking to split up Ellis and Curry and West has said it publicly too. He says that Warriors have no SIZE or defense and even though the backcourt of Curry and Ellis is fun to watch that GSW will not contend with no defense and being too small. Also West is not to fond of David Lee either he accuses Lee of being too small and playing too far from the basket to be a powerforward and unless you have a legit man in the middle then Lee will not work for GSW.
I tried this in the trade machine and it actually said that GSW will improve and Lakers record will stay the same. But trade machine +wins is only based on a player's PER and Pau's PER is very high at 23.3.
Then if Lakers do this then they can look to get a wing player in the draft and maybe shop around to get rid of Ron.
JordanL24

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:03 am

Holy poop I definitely do not want that trade.

Trade away the second best Center in the league for a decent PF and then trade away our Sixth man and starting SF for a SG? Slide Kobe down, sure, even though that's worse for Kobe.

Now we have no size down low except Pau Gasol and everyone saw last season how he was shaken up.

Pass my friend. Definitely pass.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby captainhoop on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:45 pm

No thanks. Pass on both.
HUGE LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN & BASKETBALL CARD COLLECTOR!
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR MY TRADELIST.

captainhoop

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors