Nene

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

Nene

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:24 am

Does he want big money? If not, why not try and recruit him this way to back-up Bynum or Start with Bynum backing-up or something?
The Laker Link

Re: Nene

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:48 am

Nene isnt coming off the bench, when he can go to a contending team and start. Why would you put the 2nd best Center in the NBA on the bench to backup an inferior center???
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:50 am

K, I didn't know what he wanted and everything, and if we could get him....wonder if Bynum would go to the bench or get traded for like CP3 or something....that would be cool.

BUT

Let's get back to, "Would he come here or does he want Big Money which we do not have?"
The Laker Link

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:46 am

No way you get one of the best bigs in the league to come to LA for cheap and then play spot minutes behind Bynum.

The Lakers don't really need anyone special. There's still not a whole lot of minutes at the backup 5. Give us someone like DJ Mbenga and call it a day.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 am

See I've heard Nene was good, just didn't know if others considered him that way too. And really if he was as good as I have heard, I figured it would be more that eh would start and Bynum backed-up.....mostly my thing is, is the money.

Does he want BIG BUCKS or little money. That is where I am curious. If he wants big bucks, well then SOL for us. If he doesn't care.....hopefully Mitch gives that a call.
The Laker Link

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 am

He's not good enough to start over Bynum, but he's definitely one of the better big men around.

He wants money and time, two things LA cannot offer him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors