TRADE ONE PROBLEM FOR ANOTHER... BOTH TEAMS GET BETTER

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

TRADE ONE PROBLEM FOR ANOTHER... BOTH TEAMS GET BETTER

Postby SWOL on Sun May 22, 2011 2:30 pm

LOOK JUST AN OBSERVER OF THESE PLAYOFFS AND YOU CAN SEE HERE THAT RUSSELL WESTBROOK, KEVIN DURANT AND COACH BROOKS ARE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE.... IT SEEMS A TALENT LIKE DURANT AND A SCORING POINT GUARD DO NOT MESH AS WELL AS THEY COULD

PAU GASOL AND ANDREW BYNUM WILL VERY MUCH IN THE SAME WAY BE DEMANDING THE SAME BALL AND MAY BE REDUNDANT AS BYNUM GETS BETTER AND NEEDS MORE TOUCHES

SO

PAU GASOL / #1 PICK / STEVE BLAKE

FOR

WESTBROOK / AND A BIG (EITHER PERK OR COLLISON)

THE LAKERS COULD THEN USE THE AMNESTEY ON ARTEST, (YES I KNOW THE OBVIOUS IS LUKE) BUT LUKE COST NOTHING MORE THAN MONEY, SOMETHING WE WILL HAVE PLENTY OF WITH THE 3 BILLION DOLLAR CABLE DEAL... ARTEST ON THE OTHER HAND YOU HAVE TO PLAY SO NOT ONLY IS HE COSTING MONEY BUT YOU HAVE TO INVEST MINUTES IN A PLAYER WHO SEEMS UNABLE TO SIMPLY RUN UP AND DOWN THE COURT

USE MLE TO SIGN EITHER AN ATHLETIC SF OR PF.... (TYRUS THOMAS** AMNESTY CANDIDATE, CARL LANDRY, JR SMITH ***CALL ME CRAZY, AL THORTON,KENYON MARTIN) COME TO MIND

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKC NOW HAS THE BEST FRONT COURT IN THE NBA AND IN GASOL A SCORING OPTION NEXT TO DURANT THAT WILL ACTUALLY FREE UP MORE SPACE FOR DURANT AND CHAMPIONSHIP EXP

LAKERS ADDRESS SPEED IN BIG WAY AND STAY FORMIABLE FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE WITH BYNUM AND WESTBROOK... AND CALL ME NUTS BUT I REALLY LIKE EBANKS, ENOUGH TOO SEE IF HE CAN BLEND IN AS A STARTER

PG - WESTBROOK / FISHER
SG - KOBE / BROWN
SF - EBANKS / BARNES (OR VISE VERSA)
PF - ODOM / CARL LANDRY (OF ALL THE OPTIONS THIS IS THE ONE I LIKE THE BEST AS MLE)
C - BYNUM / ANY COMBO OF LANDY, ODOM, CHARACTOR OR VET FA
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Re: TRADE ONE PROBLEM FOR ANOTHER... BOTH TEAMS GET BETTER

Postby revgen on Sun May 22, 2011 4:12 pm

I have a feeling that OKC is getting the better end of this deal than we are.

Pau's problem is that he cannot handle illegal contact. And over the course of the season, all this physical contact wears him down. There is a tactical solution to solve this. Get rid of the "pecking order" and involve Bynum and Ron more in the offense. When other teams play bullyball and starting hacking Pau, we need to move Pau out to the perimeter (he can hit mid-range shots) and put Bynum and Ron in the post. Bynum and Ron have the big bodies to power through the contact and pummel the opposition. As Luke said during his exit interview, this team gets too Kobe-Pau heavy on the offensive end and doesn't involve Bynum + Ron as much as they should.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby sho on Thu May 26, 2011 10:26 am

SWOL wrote:PG - WESTBROOK / FISHER
SG - KOBE / BROWN
SF - EBANKS / BARNES (OR VISE VERSA)
PF - ODOM / CARL LANDRY (OF ALL THE OPTIONS THIS IS THE ONE I LIKE THE BEST AS MLE)
C - BYNUM / ANY COMBO OF LANDY, ODOM, CHARACTOR OR VET FA

Call me crazy, but in your scenario, I'd put Perk or Collison as the back-up to Bynum instead of undersized options you've listed. :D

I've liked the option of acquiring Westbrook for awhile, and I think pairing him with Kobe will also change his line of thinking were he is the #1 option. Another bonus for OKC is it will give them the opportunity to get Harden more PT, which was going to be a focus for them going into next season.

I really don't think Brown stays either, and I'd still like the Lakers to find a way to get a 'waterbug' PG, especially on the second unit to breakdown defenses.
sho

Postby Doberman on Fri May 27, 2011 11:18 pm

While I think Westbrook is a good player, I don't want him on this team. I just don't think his style of play (and attitude) fits with our current core. Furthermore, you give Oklahoma a player (Pau) that could put them over the top. Why do that?

If we're gonna trade big for small, the only PG I think would justify such a deal is Chris Paul. And that can't happen til 2012.
Doberman

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors