would you trade bynum for noah...?

Forum rules
As you may have noticed, there are two new sub-forums in this forum -- Sourced Rumors and Trade and Signing Ideas.

All threads should go in one of these two places. And here is how you will determine where to post (this will also help you know where to look for particular threads):

All topics created in the Sourced Rumors forum should have a source (hence the name of the forum). State where you heard/saw the rumor and a link if applicable. Good sources would be an online article or a respectable blog by a member of the media. Radio reports or summaries from TV reports (ex. Bucher on ESPN News) are also accepted, but the staff will have a quicker trigger finger with regards to these two, especially if they are being posted by a member who's credibility is questionable or if no one else heard/saw the report. This is due to the fact that people often fabricate reports for various reasons. Only sources which directly mention the Lakers or a Lakers player should be reported in the Sourced Rumors sub-forum.

Trade and Signing Ideas: in short, this is where everything else goes. Suggestions of who the Lakers should sign or trade for. Reports of other teams' players being on the trade block. To differentiate these from general ideas/suggestions, please continue to use list the source in the title, just as we did with the sourced rumors prior to the creation of the sub-forum (ex. ESPN: Nuggets looking to move Melo). Such reports would not go in the Sourced Rumors forum because they do not directly relate to the Lakers and any discussion that the rumor would spawn would be speculation and trade suggestions. Any "inside" rumors from family, friends, or other sites should be posted in the Ideas forum. Once it is supported by a sourced member of the media, it will be moved to the Sourced Rumors forum.

If you are still uncertain of where to post your topic, post it in the parent forum, Lakers Trade Rumors, and it will be redirected by a staff member.

would you trade bynum for noah...?

Postby sticky on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:33 pm

I think it's pretty obvious bynum struggles playing with gasol...would you trade bynum for noah str8 up? or bynum/farmar/morrison for noah n hinrich..or any other combination including bynum for noah? i would...noah better rbndr, shot blocker, energy..doesn't need ball on d...
KOBE 4 MVP!

Re: would you trade bynum for noah...?

Postby TT24 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:00 pm

No.
TT24

Postby lowdownthrowdown on Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:55 pm

haha, i didn't even see this when i just posted something similar.
lowdownthrowdown

Postby cadet randall on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:41 am

no hel7 no
You can never step into the same river twice.
cadet randall

Postby Quik Z06 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:51 am

I dont know about for NOah :man10: but Bynum IMO cant play with Gasol. They are a much better team when Odom is in there with the other starters. I dont know why he is struggling so bad, I was hoping he was going to dominate on Saturday when we went to the game and he had a lousy 3 points against the Kings :bang:

I know some dont like the idea of trading him, but I honestly dont see him ever being an aggressive player.
Quik Z06

Postby bystander on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:33 am

Bynum is a 22 years 20-10 guy. If you trade him you better get a big, big trade because his value is soooo much higher than noah's.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby sm61893 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:55 am

Have you seen Noah's shoot?
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
sm61893

Postby DivineIcez on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Add Wade in it and we might have a deal xD
DivineIcez

Postby lalfan on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:23 am

depend on who's coming here with Noah? i like Noah, the guy is tough, hard worker and has an underrated offensive game along with a high bball iq. but i wouldn't do bynum for noah straight up, bynum for noah plus john salmon or captain kirk, now that'll be perfect.
lalfan

Postby TT24 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:31 am

Quik Z06 wrote:I dont know about for NOah :man10: but Bynum IMO cant play with Gasol. They are a much better team when Odom is in there with the other starters. I dont know why he is struggling so bad, I was hoping he was going to dominate on Saturday when we went to the game and he had a lousy 3 points against the Kings :bang:

I know some dont like the idea of trading him, but I honestly dont see him ever being an aggressive player.

We have to remember, how many time did Drew really get the oppurtunity to actually play with Pau. He's used to playing with Lamar, and Lamar is used to playing with Pau. Either Pau is out or Drew is out, so they haven't played together often. But obviously, Pau's is a very smart vet and knows how to play with anyone. Drew should be fresh out of college.
TT24

Postby lakerholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:31 pm

I don't like THIS trade in particular but it's clear a) Bynum can't play with Gasol and b) we need a defensive C.

We don't need a scorer -- that's our current problem, Bynum wants to score and cares less about defense/boarding.

I continue to hope the light bulb goes on for him and he "gets it" especially since Pau isn't going anywhere any time soon... but as each game passes, and he averages a single/single and gets beat by the likes of Chris Kaman defensively, my hope for this fades...
"No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but that damn boy Kobe Bryant is The Closer."
lakerholic

Postby JP on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 am

no way :bang: even if he's french like me
JP
JP

Postby kobeslaker on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:58 am

With Derrick Rose? Why not?
kobeslaker

Postby Romy134 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:23 pm

JP wrote:no way :bang: even if he's french like me

lol o;
Romy134

Postby Romy134 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Noah+ Kirk id be tempted, but Noah cant shoot, and bynum can and he can post up. what position would Noah play a PF who cant shoot?
Romy134

Postby GNC on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:02 pm

never.
GNC

Postby Blacklight on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:33 pm

definitely not, what if gasol will be injured who will be the replacement, lakers need this two big man to assist kobe.
Blacklight

Postby ZenMaster4President on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:01 am

Do people not understand basketball at all?

Actually, strike that, the infamous Odom for Bender etc.... should have taught me.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Kou on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:25 pm

NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

Postby NobodyKnows41 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 pm

sticky wrote:I think it's pretty obvious bynum struggles playing with gasol...would you trade bynum for noah str8 up? or bynum/farmar/morrison for noah n hinrich..or any other combination including bynum for noah? i would...noah better rbndr, shot blocker, energy..doesn't need ball on d...

NO NO NO! :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
NobodyKnows41

Postby Deluxe on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:19 pm

I'd rather have Michael Beasley.
Deluxe

Postby dj vitus on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Well, since Bynum has been sitting the last couple games and looks to sit some more, perhaps this means the FO is a-cookin' a-somethin' up?
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:25 pm

HELL NO!!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby wickedmoonshine on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:12 am

That would be a big no! :jam2:
Kobe Bryant is the game
wickedmoonshine

Return to Lakers Trade Rumors