Hawaii Trip (END: Kwame, Kobe, Phil, Buss)

Postby JuanoLAL on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:53 pm

melo061 wrote:Are you allowed to go see them practice?

No, practices are closed to the public and have alot of security.

:bang: I still haven't seen Kobe. :bang:
JuanoLAL

Postby mrand on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:11 pm

he is what he is.... a loner :mhihi: :man12:
comes playoff time... comes laker time....
mrand
Contributing Member

Postby Massacre on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Awesome visuals, thanks for sharing. From the quantity of pictures you've posted, I'd imagine they would atleast remember your face, but then again like ya said there are millions of fans who want to take photos with them. Anyway, I hope you catch Kobe somehow. That would be cool.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby JuanoLAL on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:23 pm

I think I've finally gained up some confidence to introduce myself to these guys, tomorrow. A guy today who I was chillin with said that he always tries to leave a lasting impression on these guys, he introduces himself, and tries to talk with them as much as he can. He's a hawaii native (so he sees them once every two years) and he says some of them even remember him by name. I figure, for the amount of time I see them yearly, they'd all know me very well if I woulda introduced myself to them earlier. So I'm going to try and introduce myself tomorrow, and talk to them, and hopefully by the end of this year, they'll all know me. We'll see. :man1:

Just wanted to let you guys know that I waited in the lobby for 3.5 hours for Kobe to show up, and he never did. It's that hard.
JuanoLAL

Postby 10scott10 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:27 pm

JuanoLAL wrote:I think I've finally gained up some confidence to introduce myself to these guys, tomorrow. A guy today who I was chillin with said that he always tries to leave a lasting impression on these guys, he introduces himself, and tries to talk with them as much as he can. He's a hawaii native (so he sees them once every two years) and he says some of them even remember him by name. I figure, for the amount of time I see them yearly, they'd all know me very well if I woulda introduced myself to them earlier. So I'm going to try and introduce myself tomorrow, and talk to them, and hopefully by the end of this year, they'll all know me. We'll see. :man1:

Just wanted to let you guys know that I waited in the lobby for 3.5 hours for Kobe to show up, and he never did. It's that hard.

he probably uses some back exit.
10scott10

Postby lakerfanfolife on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:45 pm

Lucky..nice pics..take me player hunting with you..
LAKER FAN 4 LiFE
lakerfanfolife

Postby The Maverick on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:00 pm

They all look so happy!

:man10:

Nice pics Juanyo.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby purplengoldjonez on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:00 pm

Thanks for sharing Juan.. your living the life man!. I garuantee you Kobe rolls in through where emplyees enter.. I use to work at the hyatt in kaanapali and all the big wigs enter where the employees enter.. If you can find the loading dock and employee entrance you will get kobe i bet.. good luck and enjoy!!
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Postby jBL on Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:29 am

Nice pictures. I wish I could camp at Hilton. It's like 10 minutes drive from my school.
jBL

Postby Alpha on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:29 am

nice pics... thanks for sharing!

can't wait for thursday.... hope you and your fam are having a nice time here in HI.
Alpha

Postby JuanoLAL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:43 am

Here are the rest of the pictures from the last two days. I've gotten every player but Kobe and Turner (I have a picture with Kwame but it's too dark and I don't like it so I'm going to re-do it tomorrow). I really hope I get Kobe tomorrow, he's a toughy, so we'll see. They're all starting to remember me, I'm the only fan ALWAYS there before and after practices/games. Also, these pictures should answer all of your questions about my height. No I'm not standing on a pedastool, no I'm not tippy-toeing, no they aren't bending down. Stop asking.

8) Kurt Rambis

9) Andre Patterson

10) Mo Mo

11) Mihm

12) Karl (Coby II)

13) Farmar

14) E. Brown

15) D-Fish

16) B. Shaw (that navigator is the car the coaches drive)

Interesting convo with Phil (as he was walking by me):
Me: Phil, can I get a picture?
Phil: No, I don't do pictures.
Me: So does that mean I won't get a single one of you on this trip?
Phil: Not unless you get an action shot.
Me: So no chances of getting lucky?
Phil: Luck is overrated.

Notes:

-Kareem refuses to take pictures with anyone (for free)

-Kobe drives in his own car to the games/practice, rest of the team goes in a bus

-Players are probably starting to think I'm crazy
JuanoLAL

Postby jBL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:47 am

Nice pictures. You should take me around. Haha.
jBL

Postby KB24 on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:48 am

I don´t like Kobe seperating himself from others...different hotel, driving in his own car while others go with the bus...stuff like that just doesn´t fit my mentality of a companionate member of a TEAM..

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby JuanoLAL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:49 am

jungbum wrote:Nice pictures. You should take me around. Haha.

Come to the Hilton tomorrow.
JuanoLAL

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:50 am

Nice pics but man you have the exact same look on your face in every picture. :man10:
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:51 am

KB8@CL wrote:I don´t like Kobe seperating himself from others...different hotel, driving in his own car while others go with the bus...stuff like that just doesn´t fit my mentality of a companionate member of a TEAM..

I didn't want to say anything but I'm with you on that.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby JuanoLAL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:51 am

two0one7 wrote:Nice pics but man you have the exact same look on your face in every picture. :man10:

Tell me about it. I realized that after I looked at all the pictures, can't stop smiling I guess. :mhihi: Just so happy to meet them?
JuanoLAL

Postby JuanoLAL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:54 am

two0one7 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:I don´t like Kobe seperating himself from others...different hotel, driving in his own car while others go with the bus...stuff like that just doesn´t fit my mentality of a companionate member of a TEAM..

Who knows the truth behind all of that? It's unfortunate, but at the end of the day, it could be for some reason that none of us know of. He's staying in the timeshare tower, so maybe he has a timeshare condo in Hawaii?

Let me tell you one thing though, Kobe does not walk about the hotel grounds (it's a big village). If he wants to get from one place to another, tower to tower, or to the village (keep in mind it's a big resort)... he drives. Yes, drives, even if it's a two-minute walk. He'd get harassed though if he did walk, so I don't blame him.
JuanoLAL

Postby jBL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:57 am

JuanoLAL wrote:
two0one7 wrote:

Who knows the truth behind all of that? It's unfortunate, but at the end of the day, it could be for some reason that none of us know of. He's staying in the timeshare tower, so maybe he has a timeshare condo in Hawaii?

Let me tell you one thing though, Kobe does not walk about the hotel grounds (it's a big village). If he wants to get from one place to another, tower to tower, or to the village (keep in mind it's a big resort)... he drives. Yes, drives, even if it's a two-minute walk. He'd get harassed though if he did walk, so I don't blame him.

Yea, Hilton HW is huge. But then you can't blame a guy who makes tons of money to walk when he has a nice car :man1:
jBL

Postby jBL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:58 am

JuanoLAL wrote:
jungbum wrote:Nice pictures. You should take me around. Haha.

Come to the Hilton tomorrow.

Is there specific time when they come out or do you just camp there?
I'm pretty much free on Thursday after 12.
jBL

Postby JuanoLAL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:00 am

Specific time, and I fly home Thursday :man6: (although I might push my mom for Friday, doubt it'll work though).
JuanoLAL

Postby jBL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:02 am

JuanoLAL wrote:Specific time, and I fly home Thursday :man6: (although I might push my mom for Friday, doubt it'll work though).

Ohh.. so you're not staying for Thursday game? That sucks. When can you see them on Wednesday? I have school but I end around 12-1ish.
jBL

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:16 am

Man, Kobe is a real secluded dude. He needs to try and get over that, especially the whole driving himself to practice thing.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby LakersTyler on Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:56 am

Man, your smile is pretty awesome! Lol.. no homo on that either, just looks cool. Like a half smile, half "grr" kind of thing.

Nice pictures. LOL @ Your conversation with Phil.
LakersTyler

Postby LakersTyler on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:01 am

Is that Andre Patterson? He looks blazed out of his face.
LakersTyler

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Training Camp 12/13