Lakers sign CJ GILES

Postby ReaListik on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:48 pm

KobefanMVP wrote:
Juans_MX3_ZE wrote:
KobefanMVP wrote:I don't know why we signed some duche bag, with major charactor issues :disagree:

I know... damn Kobe... :man4:

dude, your better than that :nono2:

Those are good quotes to have as your favorite, especially the one about Kobe's faith. Good stuff.
ReaListik

Postby KOBE G.O.A.T. on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:26 am

Omg we have signed plenty of srubs...
FAN OF: LA Lakers, AC Milano, Scuderia Ferrari
KOBE G.O.A.T.

Postby KB24 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:42 am

Draftexpress at its best...

you read this and his game and body sounds like its Dwight Howard...

To be honest, I dunno this guy at all....but 6/5 isn't exactly dominant...camp fodder.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby SignPippenNow on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:34 am

KobefanMVP wrote:I don't know why we signed some duche bag, with major charactor issues :disagree:

Why do some of you do this each year? They sign some players before camp for camp fodder and each year the same thing....gripe, gripe and gripe. Every team does it and believe it or not you can't bring 18 Kobe Bryants, Pau Gasols, Andrew Bynums and Lamar Odoms to camp. Just the way the system works. This kid was one of the top recruits in the nation coming out of high school. He will probably blow his chance for NBA since he stunk for most part in college,,, but he has plenty of talent if his light would ever come on. It is a non-guaranteed deal and no need to whine about it.
SignPippenNow

Postby deal on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:45 am

SignPippenNow wrote:

Why do some of you do this each year? They sign some players before camp for camp fodder and each year the same thing....gripe, gripe and gripe. Every team does it and believe it or not you can't bring 18 Kobe Bryants, Pau Gasols, Andrew Bynums and Lamar Odoms to camp. Just the way the system works. This kid was one of the top recruits in the nation coming out of high school. He will probably blow his chance for NBA since he stunk for most part in college,,, but he has plenty of talent if his light would ever come on. It is a non-guaranteed deal and no need to whine about it.

Yep, alway worth Drew getting a good workout... and for players like Giles a shot at a spot if he has turned around...good post
deal

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:12 am

It probably wouldn't matter because he more likely than not won't make our team, but I think Giles's character issues are more of the Kwame Brown type rather than the Ron Artest type--it's more about work ethic rather than lifestyle.

KB8, I agree that DraftExpress does hype him up--but that's exactly what he is--billion dollar body-zero work ethic sort of player. He's got the body of a Marcus Camby or a LaMarcus Aldridge, but doesn't put it into good use--that's where all the hype stems from, and it's what scouts do. Scouts look like geniuses when the physical tools player pans out, but more likely than not they witness their slippery downhill slope in college. Giles is just another casualty of that.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby lakerzkb8 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Here for training camp, nextttt.

Useless info: CJ Giles coach at Oregon state is Barack Obama's brother in-law.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:56 am

on nba tv it said we signed cj miles. lol they probably got confused.
crazylakerfanforlife

Postby Ianxcom on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:17 am

crazylakerfanforlife wrote:on nba tv it said we signed cj miles. lol they probably got confused.

We still need to sign him for a camp invite if im not mistaken.
Goodbye Odom, you will be missed
Ianxcom

Location: We always think there's something better in the place we are not, In dreams the reality of it all...

Postby leftymo on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:13 pm

jazzy1 wrote:camp fodder
leftymo

Postby Kobe>Jordan on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:31 pm

leftymo wrote:
jazzy1 wrote:camp fodder
My sports blog http://screenandrollout.blogspot.com/ give it a read.
Kobe>Jordan

Location: giggling at the concept of patriotic and laughing at heroic

Postby Venomenon on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:30 am

For the love of god Mitch, we love you, but please stop signing useless players :man10:
Venomenon

Previous

Return to Lakers Training Camp 12/13