Lakers Waive Brandon Heath

Lakers Waive Brandon Heath

Postby emplay on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:34 am

oh well - he never really had a shot
Check me at at www.HOOPSWORLD.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus
emplay
Clublakers Analyst

Re: Lakers Waive Brandon Heath

Postby Radner on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:39 am

With Sasha out and the Lakers most likely looking at Crawford to fill the void, does this mean that Karl is next?
Radner

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:46 am

Thats BS.
He may not have been good enough, but he showed a hell of a lot more than Karl. Would someone please explain to Phil that just because he's played before doesn't make him better?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:50 am

emplay wrote:oh well - he never really had a shot

Farewell Kanye West look-a-like.
Hookdt on fonicz werks fer me!
Bynum&Gasol

Postby MagicIS350 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:50 am

It was just a matter of time. As much as I don't see Coby joining the Lakers team this year, I knew Heath would be let go first since Coby does have experience with the Lakers already. Heath has shown not much skills for this team especially most of the time carelessly handling the ball and always puts the team into a conflict with the 24 sec shot clock.. Heath either dribbles too much or doesn't know how to pass it in time to make plays.. good luck though Heath..
GO LAKERS!!!
MagicIS350

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:59 am

MagicIS350 wrote:It was just a matter of time. As much as I don't see Coby joining the Lakers team this year, I knew Heath would be let go first since Coby does have experience with the Lakers already. Heath has shown not much skills for this team especially most of the time carelessly handling the ball and always puts the team into a conflict with the 24 sec shot clock.. Heath either dribbles too much or doesn't know how to pass it in time to make plays.. good luck though Heath..

But Karl makes the same mistakes AND he's been around longer. I just think that Phil's obsession with being anti- rookie clouds his judgment sometimes... Not saying the kid had too much of a chance, but he's still better than Karl and should have been cut either after or with him.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby MagicIS350 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:01 pm

therealdeal wrote:
MagicIS350 wrote:It was just a matter of time. As much as I don't see Coby joining the Lakers team this year, I knew Heath would be let go first since Coby does have experience with the Lakers already. Heath has shown not much skills for this team especially most of the time carelessly handling the ball and always puts the team into a conflict with the 24 sec shot clock.. Heath either dribbles too much or doesn't know how to pass it in time to make plays.. good luck though Heath..

But Karl makes the same mistakes AND he's been around longer. I just think that Phil's obsession with being anti- rookie clouds his judgment sometimes... Not saying the kid had too much of a chance, but he's still better than Karl and should have been cut either after or with him.

you're right, but you have to keep in mind that Coby Karl was on this team last year.. you think the Lakers would cut him before any of the new guys? NO.. if he's going to be cut, he will be the last player to cut..
GO LAKERS!!!
MagicIS350

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:08 pm

MagicIS350 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

you're right, but you have to keep in mind that Coby Karl was on this team last year.. you think the Lakers would cut him before any of the new guys? NO.. if he's going to be cut, he will be the last player to cut..

I know. That's what I think is wrong. Players shouldn't be judged on whether they'd played before, but on their talent level. Especially if they suck like Coby does. No offense to the boy, but he is just not good enough for this level. Perhaps Heath isn't either, but I think he had more of a chance at it than Karl did.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:24 pm

Neither heath nor karl is good enough for this level.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Juronimo wrote:Neither heath nor karl is good enough for this level.

Heath - D-League skill-set.
Karl - I"m not sure....he doesn't do much of anything well.
Hookdt on fonicz werks fer me!
Bynum&Gasol

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:58 pm

If anything it was good experience and he was a good teammate. He was always first off the bench to give high-fives and he was cheering guys on, I liked the guy.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Give him time on the D-Fenders.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby deal on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:11 pm

not surprised, more to come though...
deal

Postby Sirron on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:27 pm

racism at its finest
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby knm131 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:33 pm

therealdeal wrote:

Coby Karl has played a total of 68 mins as an NBA basketball player. I'm not saying I'm a Coby Karl fan necessarily -- but I'm not sure how you can make conclusions about any player in the NBA after their first 68 minutes of play.
knm131

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:21 pm

knm131 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Coby Karl has played a total of 68 mins as an NBA basketball player. I'm not saying I'm a Coby Karl fan necessarily -- but I'm not sure how you can make conclusions about any player in the NBA after their first 68 minutes of play.

If for those 68 minutes he looked consistently awful, and then looked awful again in the preseason of the next season, against and compared to his peers then yes I can make that conclusion. And I'm not the only one. You don't have to watch a dog try to fly for long before you realize he can't.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:34 pm

sirronstuff wrote:racism at its finest

:man10:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:43 pm

Bye-bye to Kanye and P. Diddy's love child. Knew it was coming, but it did happen too soon.

I'm positive that Karl has some dirt on Mitch and Phil. That's the only possible explanation for him not getting a pink slip today too.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:44 pm

^ That's what I've been thinking. Maybe he's just a concubine or something and they don't want to let him go.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:46 pm

Juronimo wrote:Neither heath nor karl is good enough for this level.

^this.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Return to Lakers Training Camp 12/13