Media Day Notes: Sasha Bulks Up & More

Postby OCHO on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:23 pm

brandnew wrote:Only 12 pounds up from that scrawny body? Sasha needs a new nutritionist and trainer, because that's weak sauce. IMO he should be up near 215 at least. Hell, I've gained 6 pounds in the past 3 weeks.

215? u for real? u know that jordan was 213-214 back in 92-93 and he's physically bigger (genetically) than sasha..
It's the length of one day.. One half.. One shot clock.. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment..
OCHO

Postby Crispy on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:Thats my boi :jam2:
Crispy

Postby Crono0801 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Its hilarious how ppl were talking about Sasha needs to get bigger and now that he has gotten somewhat bigger you guys still bash him :man10:
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Perfecto on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:33 pm

la3346 wrote:The hot chick finally showed up lol

:man10:
Perfecto

Postby Crispy on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:33 pm

Crono0801 wrote:Its hilarious how ppl were talking about Sasha needs to get bigger and now that he has gotten somewhat bigger you guys still bash him :man10:

:fatshaq:
Crispy

Postby Genius GZA on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:36 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Sasha is probably a true hybrid guard. He has good vision, good passing, and good ballhandling skills despite what some douche bag says.

i concur
I'm kind of a big deal..
Genius GZA

Postby slimjim on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:40 pm

why is his size such a big deal?

reggie miller was one of the skinniest players in the league.

but did that stop him from dominating?

hell no...

as long as sasha can find his groove and shoot like he does in practice... i could care less if he hulks up or skins down...
slimjim

Postby brandnew on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:59 pm

slimjim wrote:why is his size such a big deal?

hell no...

as long as sasha can find his groove and shoot like he does in practice... i could care less if he hulks up or skins down...

Because with size, comes strength for Sasha. Miller is/was much stronger than Sasha, Sasha has a small frame and is very weak.

No, I'm not a freshman in college, I just lift weights and I'm on a bulking phase... Sasha gaining weight is encouraging, I'm just saying if he's really looking to bulk up, his improvement wasn't really all that great.
ESPN has Andrew Bynum Insider.

[URL=http://www.treasuretrooper.com/32645]Image
[/url]
brandnew

Postby Cody on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:06 pm

It's true that Sasha could use more muscle, but do some of ya'll honestly think that 5 or 10 lbs will make that big of a difference? In some situations it will, but I could care less if he weighs 205 or 210.

I just want him to shoot a higher % and play better defense. He's pesky, but doesn't stay in front of his man all the time. With said defense, most NBA players have this problem anyways. :man11:

It's a mental thing for Sasha... not physical.
Cody

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:08 pm

Cody wrote:It's true that Sasha could use more muscle, but do some of ya'll honestly think that 5 or 10 lbs will make that big of a difference? In some situations it will, but I could care less if he weighs 205 or 210.

I just want him to shoot a higher % and play better defense. He's pesky, but doesn't stay in front of his man all the time. With said defense, most NBA players have this problem anyways.

It's a mental thing for Sasha... not physical.

A big part of defense, especially for a guard, is fighting through those screens. You need muscle to do that.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby nicehair911 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:11 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Sasha is probably a true hybrid guard. He has good vision, good passing, and good ballhandling skills despite what some douche bag says.

You just broke my sarcasm detector. You're gonna pay for that buddy.
nicehair911

Location: Wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:11 pm

I wonder what Sasha would look like if he worked out with kobe
lilkhmerkid4u

Postby trodgers on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 pm

21_Blessings wrote:

Don't forget that top 5 shot.
Considering his career FT% would put him at #2 all-time, and given exactly what I spelled out that "top 5 shot" to mean, I won't forget it until he loses it. You'd do well to face reality.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby slimjim on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:24 pm

brandnew wrote:

hell no...

Because with size, comes strength for Sasha. Miller is/was much stronger than Sasha, Sasha has a small frame and is very weak.

No, I'm not a freshman in college, I just lift weights and I'm on a bulking phase... Sasha gaining weight is encouraging, I'm just saying if he's really looking to bulk up, his improvement wasn't really all that great.

sasha's game is strictly perimeter... why does sasha need size when he is gonna be hanging around the perimeter?

people are caring too much about his size... he isn't a SF/PF/C...

maybe he's better being a little skinny but quick.
slimjim

Postby Mookie on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:37 pm

lilkhmerkid4u wrote:I wonder what Sasha would look like if he worked out with kobe

If he worked out with Kobe, he would be sent back to Slovenia in a box.
Nobody can stand Kobe's work out LOL.
Mookie

Postby Realm of Shadows on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:42 pm

Sasha is about as useful as a poop flavored popsickle.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Mookie on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:43 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:Sasha is about as useful as a poop flavored popsickle.

:man3:
Mookie

Postby the sauce on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:59 pm

When Kobe discovered his 3 ptr in 2002, he credited his bulking up for giving him the strength to shoot it.

Sure, Sasha may be a great shooter in practice, so you could argue that he doesn't need any addt'l strength to stroke it. However, in practice you have all the time in the world to shoot it, in the games it's always a quick release, and that muscle does come in handy.
the sauce

Postby KB24 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:48 am

He has bulked up, thats very nice for him. still I don´t care about his size or weight or stroke. I care about results.

He has bulked up? well I expect more defense.
Nice stroke? I expect very good shooting.
combo guard? I expect good decisions

thats the point. He has shown neither of the 3 above. At the end of the day nobody talks about how great his wide open clank looked. Everybody says he MADE or MISSED the shot. Nobody says he TRIED on defense. Either he defended or got burned. Nobody says he had a great idea. Everybody says he made a great decision or he made a terrible decision.

thats how things go. So sure I´m excited when he adds the tools but as long as he is not able to capitalize and make those tools work, its useless. period.

Sasha had 2 seasons now and while he has improved he has still WAYS to go. lets not forget, unlike other draft rookies he had 3 years of professional basketball in Italy. He entered the italian league with 16 and played there for 3 years before coming to the Lakers.

Still he plays worse than a lot of rookies. How can I be happy with that? We wasted a pick that could be Chris Duhon for a bum. I dunno how many times I screamed PICK DUHON MITCH, PICK HIM YOU IDIOT and he chose Sasha. Duhon would have been starting and surprise surprise, he can defend and hit 3 pointers IN THE GAME, not in his grandma´s backyard.
Last edited by KB24 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby 21_Blessings on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:19 am

k0pr0phage wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:

Considering his career FT% would put him at #2 all-time, and given exactly what I spelled out that "top 5 shot" to mean, I won't forget it until he loses it. You'd do well to face reality.

Oh ok, so Sasha has a top 5 shot and an then you're claiming he is the second best free throw shooter of all-time.

That isn't a reality. It's called the fantasy world.
21_Blessings

Postby trodgers on Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:12 am

21_Blessings wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:

Oh ok, so Sasha has a top 5 shot and an then you're claiming he is the second best free throw shooter of all-time.

Why the indefinite article for reality and the definite for fantasy? I have no clue what you're trying to say by that. As for the rest, it's all there. Anyone who can read English knows exactly what I'm saying. Keep playing your game. It seems to have served you well.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:04 am

i'm still worried about kobe's knee
will he be 100% ready to attack on opening night? when i hear that he can't jump right now... less than a month to go? i don't know .... will he be at 100% athletic abilities by the start=?
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby 21_Blessings on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:40 am

k0pr0phage wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:

Why the indefinite article for reality and the definite for fantasy? I have no clue what you're trying to say by that. As for the rest, it's all there. Anyone who can read English knows exactly what I'm saying. Keep playing your game. It seems to have served you well.

I can read english. And so far, you have said Sasha has good vision (which he doesn't), good passing (still no) and then called him a 'true hybrid' guard, which would then imply he plays defense well or something. Then you go on to call people who disagree with those outlandish sentiments a douchebag. I understand exactly what you are saying.

But this is no surprise coming from a guy who believes Sasha has a top 5 shot and is seriously trying to argue that he would be second all-time in terms a freethrow shooting (which he wouldn't be based on the number of freethrows he has attempted.)
21_Blessings

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:01 am

i think sasha will have a better year, considering that he didn't play his first year, and the leagues in europe are much different than the nba, where it's not about ball handling but constantly passing the ball to the man next to you.

after all, most of the european players take a year or two to adjust to the nba

this will be a telling year for a number of players, not just sasha, but especially smush who gets most of the PG minutes, if he can sustain himself for the whole season thistime around
Pig Miller

Postby number8 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:37 am

slimjim wrote:
brandnew wrote:

hell no...

sasha's game is strictly perimeter... why does sasha need size when he is gonna be hanging around the perimeter?

people are caring too much about his size... he isn't a SF/PF/C...

maybe he's better being a little skinny but quick.

Because he still needs to play defense. Last season he did a decent job on point guards, but got manhandled by the shooting guards in the league. Also, if he's ever going to learn to take advantage of his size, he's going to have to learn to take contact and having additional mass helps.
number8

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Training Camp 12/13