Media Day Notes: Sasha Bulks Up & More

Postby trodgers on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:02 am

21_Blessings wrote:I can read english. And so far, you have said Sasha has good vision (which he doesn't), good passing (still no) and then called him a 'true hybrid' guard, which would then imply he plays defense well or something. Then you go on to call people who disagree with those outlandish sentiments a douchebag. I understand exactly what you are saying.

But this is no surprise coming from a guy who believes Sasha has a top 5 shot and is seriously trying to argue that he would be second all-time in terms a freethrow shooting (which he wouldn't be based on the number of freethrows he has attempted.)

I love your inability to read. It has provided a few minutes of enjoyment. I've never said that Sasha "would be" anything. Since I've never said it, I certainly didn't stage an argument toward that thesis, so good luck in trying to establish that claim. It's simply a fact that he has shot FTs remarkably well, has been touted at all levels for his pure stroke. He hasn't been able to do it in a game...but it's not his mechanics. They're beautiful.

As for Sasha's defense, there are many PGs and many SGs who do not play good defense, but we don't stop calling them PGs or SGs. I know that you think Sasha plays no defense, but why should Sasha be held to a standard different from the other guards in the league? He has the length to play SG, the skill set to play PG offensively. His defensive numbers are good, he has looked pretty good defensively against some top PGs (e.g., Iverson, Bibby).
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KevDog on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:17 am

k0pr0phage wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:Sasha is probably a true hybrid guard. He has good vision, good passing, and good ballhandling skills despite what some douche bag says.

Don't forget that top 5 shot.
Considering his career FT% would put him at #2 all-time, and given exactly what I spelled out that "top 5 shot" to mean, I won't forget it until he loses it. You'd do well to face reality.

Sasha's form is money. Those who think that function won't eventually follow form are simply crazy.
There are some serious "NON"-Fans on this web site
KevDog

Postby Crono0801 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:27 am

The White Mamba

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GF5cDSnSj0I

I have faith that Sasha will do good this year
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby slimjim on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:22 am

^

wow... his shot looks so effortless...

it's all mentality... definetly..

maybe the added size will give him more confidence.

(watch the 2:45 mark :mhihi: )
slimjim

Postby High IQ on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:26 am

the white mamba? :man3: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
anyway, stop hating. sasha looks alot bulkier than he did last year. :jam2:
High IQ

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:35 am

la3346 wrote:
simpleomahadude wrote:Im expecting a big season from Sasha, because this is the year that determines his fate with the Lakers.

He's had two years, so we kind of cut him some slack, but now he knows the ropes, he's had all off-season to practice his game and get in shape, so Im expecting a big year as a sixth man or seventh man or whatever lol.

You can't improve your game in just one season. If it were that easy, there would be a lot more quality players in this league. This will be a VERY long process.

Sasha will be better this year and he probably will play more than Farmer Phil does not play rookies much... Just ask Bynum!!!. He has bulked up which will help against the smaller guards. His first year he was learning the league. His 2nd year he had a new coach and offense to learn. Sasha now has 1yr of the triangle under his belt. He is not bad on defense..the offense will come!!! So get off his back!! Sasha would school all of you!!!
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:41 am

21_Blessings wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:Sasha is probably a true hybrid guard. He has good vision, good passing, and good ballhandling skills despite what some douche bag says.

Don't forget that top 5 shot.
Considering his career FT% would put him at #2 all-time, and given exactly what I spelled out that "top 5 shot" to mean, I won't forget it until he loses it. You'd do well to face reality.

Oh ok, so Sasha has a top 5 shot and an then you're claiming he is the second best free throw shooter of all-time.

That isn't a reality. It's called the fantasy world.

Why the indefinite article for reality and the definite for fantasy? I have no clue what you're trying to say by that. As for the rest, it's all there. Anyone who can read English knows exactly what I'm saying. Keep playing your game. It seems to have served you well.

I can read english. And so far, you have said Sasha has good vision (which he doesn't), good passing (still no) and then called him a 'true hybrid' guard, which would then imply he plays defense well or something. Then you go on to call people who disagree with those outlandish sentiments a douchebag. I understand exactly what you are saying.

But this is no surprise coming from a guy who believes Sasha has a top 5 shot and is seriously trying to argue that he would be second all-time in terms a freethrow shooting (which he wouldn't be based on the number of freethrows he has attempted.)

You are hating, but I will repeat myself: Get off his back ...Sasha would school you and make you cry like a girl!!! Lets wait and see how he plays before you say anything.
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:45 am

Crono0801 wrote:The White Mamba

funny thing is that when Sasha has confidence in his stroke he barely moves the net. I think Sasha will come out with some serious stroke play this year especially with Vlad being on the team.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby no_dont on Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:02 am

Farmars ink is probably the gayest thing I have seen since sasha.
Not that theres anything wrong with it. I am still frightened that sasha and farmar will be relied on for strong play. Farmar at least showed in the tournie that he can embrace defense. I am actually fairly optimistic about our PG situation
HO-BE
no_dont

Postby trodgers on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:05 pm

no_dont wrote:Farmars ink is probably the gayest thing I have seen since sasha.

:man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Crono0801 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:28 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:The White Mamba

funny thing is that when Sasha has confidence in his stroke he barely moves the net. I think Sasha will come out with some serious stroke play this year especially with Vlad being on the team.

seriously I watched it again and he barely even moves the net. I know hes gonna do good this year. i seriously can't wait for the season to start to see how he does.

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby High IQ on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:34 pm

L8KERS4LIFE wrote:
la3346 wrote:
simpleomahadude wrote:Im expecting a big season from Sasha, because this is the year that determines his fate with the Lakers.

He's had two years, so we kind of cut him some slack, but now he knows the ropes, he's had all off-season to practice his game and get in shape, so Im expecting a big year as a sixth man or seventh man or whatever lol.

You can't improve your game in just one season. If it were that easy, there would be a lot more quality players in this league. This will be a VERY long process.

Sasha will be better this year and he probably will play more than Farmer Phil does not play rookies much... Just ask Bynum!!!. He has bulked up which will help against the smaller guards. His first year he was learning the league. His 2nd year he had a new coach and offense to learn. Sasha now has 1yr of the triangle under his belt. He is not bad on defense..the offense will come!!! So get off his back!! Sasha would school all of you!!!

well, i'll play the same amount of minutes as Farmer. because Farmer, won't play for lakers. and 2nd, just aks Bynum? Bynum wouldn't get solid minutes in 99% of teams in the league. when was the last time Phil had a NBA - ready rookie, who was able to make an immediate impact on the team?
High IQ

Postby L8KERS4LIFE on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:13 pm

High IQ wrote:
L8KERS4LIFE wrote:
la3346 wrote:

well, i'll play the same amount of minutes as Farmer. because Farmer, won't play for lakers. and 2nd, just aks Bynum? Bynum wouldn't get solid minutes in 99% of teams in the league. when was the last time Phil had a NBA - ready rookie, who was able to make an immediate impact on the team?

And your point is????What???

Phil is known for not playing rookies so Sasha and Parker will play...they know the triangle. Bynum will play more this year due to Chris not even ready to play. What is your point again????
L8KERS4LIFE

Postby 21_Blessings on Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:53 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:I love your inability to read. It has provided a few minutes of enjoyment

I love your inability to form an argument about Sasha that be would actually be considered valid in the real world. And your consistent back pedaling regarding this subject has provided me with more more than a few minutes of laughter.

k0pr0phage wrote: I've never said that Sasha "would be" anything. Since I've never said it,

Except you did.

k0pr0phage wrote:Considering his career FT% would put him at #2 all-time

k0pr0phage wrote: I certainly didn't stage an argument toward that thesis, so good luck in trying to establish that claim.

Haha, no need. You did for me.

k0pr0phage wrote: It's simply a fact that he has shot FTs remarkably well, has been touted at all levels for his pure stroke. He hasn't been able to do it in a game...but it's not his mechanics. They're beautiful.

He hasn't even cracked 75 FT attempts for his entire career. And his pure stroke sure hasn't been touted at the NBA level.

k0pr0phage wrote:As for Sasha's defense, there are many PGs and many SGs who do not play good defense, but we don't stop calling them PGs or SGs. I know that you think Sasha plays no defense, but why should Sasha be held to a standard different from the other guards in the league? He has the length to play SG, the skill set to play PG offensively. His defensive numbers are good, he has looked pretty good defensively against some top PGs (e.g., Iverson, Bibby).

What the hell are you even talking about.

1) No one is holding Sasha to a different standard

2) Sasha does not play 'good' defense. Empirical evidence, which is called Game Tapes show this. He is good at being a pest, thats about it.

3) So what if he has the length? He lacks the athleticism, mind set, lateral quickness to be effective.

No worries though, Sasha won't be Laker much longer.
21_Blessings

Postby Crono0801 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:06 pm

^^^^

I was about to argue with your post right now but then i saw that you're the same dude who said i was a bandwagon Laker fan cuz i root for the Yankees. :man10:

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby 21_Blessings on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:14 pm

Crono0801 wrote:^^^^

I was about to argue with your post right now but then i saw that you're the same dude who said i was a bandwagon Laker fan cuz i root for the Yankees. :man10:

Except, I called you a bandwagon Yankee fan, not Lakers.

You wouldn't be able argue my post anyhow, there is nothing to refute.
21_Blessings

Postby jbiggs on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:51 pm

LINK

a lot of new media day pics. seriously check it :jam2:
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby jbiggs on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:03 pm

KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:39 am

jbiggs wrote:Image

"BrrrRRRrr, its feeling nipply in here."
lilkhmerkid4u

Postby Barnstable on Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:46 am

jbiggs wrote:Image

These are a joke, these are from last year right?

I know this isn't the infamous "Swol Sasha" we have been hearing about :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby ladam24 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:02 am

Sasha's HUUUGE!

:man10:
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby KB24 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:55 am

Kobe still not 100% healthy...Sasha could work his way into the starting lineup at Kobe´s expense.... :man10: :freak2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby reincarnatingDABULLS on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:35 am

21_Blessings wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:^^^^

Except, I called you a bandwagon Yankee fan, not Lakers.

You wouldn't be able argue my post anyhow, there is nothing to refute.

real talk

make way for devin green

hopefully pinnock will also rub out Mr. Mckie

Kwame/Mihm/Bynum
Odom/Cook/Turiaf
Radman/Walton/Green
Kobe/Evans/Pinnock
Smush/Williams/Farmar

WCF
reincarnatingDABULLS

Postby JSM on Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:39 pm

Well, at least he actually packed on some muscle this summer. Last summer he said he bulked up his upper body, yet he looked exactly the same. So, he either fibbed or had a scale which was from the dollar store.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby badboyhoward on Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:49 pm

where has he bulked up at? he still looks the same.
badboyhoward

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Training Camp 12/13