10/2: Training Camp Reports - Day 3

Re: 10/2: Training Camp Reports - Day 3

Postby wallangong on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:08 am

orangezack wrote:I hate Odom, always did

you always hated a 15/10/4 guy who typically shoots at a high percentage? interesting...
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:28 am

wallangong wrote:
orangezack wrote:I hate Odom, always did

you always hated a 15/10/4 guy who typically shoots at a high percentage? interesting...

Don't worry I've been keeping track of the posts from this guy (or girl). Not to blast the guy but I've seen about 90% of his posts are hating on someone. I for one DO think we need to strongly consider the trade, but I don't know why people are so quickly abandoning the big three concept that we were all so excited about?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Remember Vlad?

Postby JSM on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 am

Ramona Shelburne of the LA Daily News Blog wrote:
So much of the talk this week has been about Kobe Bryant and/or Lamar Odom potentially shifting to play small forward that last year's starting small forward Vladimir Radmanovic has been flying under the radar a bit.

So just where does Radmanovic fit into the Lakers plans this year? How much will he play?

``As an athlete, you always want to play, but we have have to take a look at the big picture and the big picture this year is winning a championship,'' Radmanovic said. ``Some guys are going to play more minutes, other guys will play less minutes. But you just have to do what the coach asks of you, and play the role the team needs you to play.''

For Radmanovic, that generally means being a consistent outside shooter and enough of a defensive presence that other players don't have to leave their men to help him out. Radmanovic, who at 6-10 is actually a lot quicker than many people give him credit for, said he's worked hard on his defense during the off-season.

``As you get older, that's one of the things you realize is important,'' he said. ``So I've really tried to work hard on that.''
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Remember Vlad?

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:49 am

JSM wrote:
Ramona Shelburne of the LA Daily News Blog wrote:
So much of the talk this week has been about Kobe Bryant and/or Lamar Odom potentially shifting to play small forward that last year's starting small forward Vladimir Radmanovic has been flying under the radar a bit.

So just where does Radmanovic fit into the Lakers plans this year? How much will he play?

``As an athlete, you always want to play, but we have have to take a look at the big picture and the big picture this year is winning a championship,'' Radmanovic said. ``Some guys are going to play more minutes, other guys will play less minutes. But you just have to do what the coach asks of you, and play the role the team needs you to play.''

For Radmanovic, that generally means being a consistent outside shooter and enough of a defensive presence that other players don't have to leave their men to help him out. Radmanovic, who at 6-10 is actually a lot quicker than many people give him credit for, said he's worked hard on his defense during the off-season.

``As you get older, that's one of the things you realize is important,'' he said. ``So I've really tried to work hard on that.''

hopefully this means he's coming down from his clouds.
I love that he's focused, so far it seems like Lamar is the only one who didn't actively make himself better this offseason.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Schizophrenic on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:25 pm

mporter0823 wrote:I just don't understand Odom's thought processes sometimes...

Contract year, championship possibilities, talk of letting Ariza start in your spot...

Should all of the above motivate the average person to get off your arse in the off-season?

Not Lamar...he comes to camp out of shape and lets Ariza out-work him in the off-season. I have always thought that Lamar was a MUCH bigger factor in the Lakers' success than most people (primarily due to his excellent rebounding and his ability to create mismatches), but my pops always said "hard work beats talent if the talent doesn't work hard," and I've come to the conclusion that this guy just doesn't work hard. Here's to Ariza getting the starting SF spot... :beer:

Hopefully this is just Phil over-blowing the situation to get Lamar to step up his conditioning.

Tendonitis results from a tendon being overworked. Resting it and giving it time to heal is the cure. None of us are in a position to know how bad it was, and how much rest it required, myself included. Perhaps he could have done more, perhaps not. We just have to hope, at this point, that he gets himself where he needs to be by the time it matters.
Schizophrenic

Postby sashaindaclub on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Odom plays hard, he really does, but coming off the bench as a sixth man is a good thing. With his ability to play pretty much 1-5 the bench seems like a good place for him, especially if Ariza can shoot a little.
sashaindaclub

Previous

Return to Lakers Training Camp 12/13