10/19: Training Camp Reports - Day 20

10/19: Training Camp Reports - Day 20

Postby JSM on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Ramona Shelburne of the LA Daily News Blog wrote:It was subtle this time, but apparently MVP status doesn't make Kobe Bryant immune from a few jabs from his ever-pugilistic coach Phil Jackson. Friday in practice, Jackson commented that Bryant's shot still seemed a bit flat to him, and that Bryant might still be a little tired from all his summer activities.

``Kobe still looks to me like his legs might be a little tired,'' Jackson said.

Well, Saturday night Bryant answered that jibe both on and off the court, scoring a team-high 28 points on 10-of-14 shooting in the Lakers 108-104 win over FC Barcelona. Then afterwards in the locker room, when I playfully asked him what he'd thought of Jackson's comments about him, Bryant laughed, shrugged his shoulders, then said: ``I think it's the other way around to be honest with you. I think Phil's a little tired. I feel fantastic.''
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Vujacic set to test ankle in practice

Postby JSM on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:31 pm

Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register Blog wrote:Sasha Vujacic offered an implied “I told you so” to everyone who bought into the conservative estimate that he’d rest his injured left ankle for 10-14 days. He intends to rejoin Lakers practice Monday.

“Right now it feels great,” Vujacic said. “I just want to test it.”

Vujacic has an avulsion fracture in his left ankle and has missed almost all of the Lakers’ team workouts this preseason. He said his goal is to get back to play one or two exhibition games and be ready to reclaim his place as the Lakers’ backup shooting guard in the Oct. 28 season opener. The last two exhibition games are Thursday in Anaheim and Friday in Ontario.

As much as Vujacic gives the Lakers, they’re so deep that Phil Jackson has been doing some interesting things at shooting guard without Vujacic: Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza had good success taking some turns there Saturday night.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Vujacic set to test ankle in practice

Postby ZenMaster4President on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:44 pm

JSM wrote:
Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register Blog wrote:Sasha Vujacic offered an implied “I told you so” to everyone who bought into the conservative estimate that he’d rest his injured left ankle for 10-14 days. He intends to rejoin Lakers practice Monday.

“Right now it feels great,” Vujacic said. “I just want to test it.”

Vujacic has an avulsion fracture in his left ankle and has missed almost all of the Lakers’ team workouts this preseason. He said his goal is to get back to play one or two exhibition games and be ready to reclaim his place as the Lakers’ backup shooting guard in the Oct. 28 season opener. The last two exhibition games are Thursday in Anaheim and Friday in Ontario.

As much as Vujacic gives the Lakers, they’re so deep that Phil Jackson has been doing some interesting things at shooting guard without Vujacic: Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza had good success taking some turns there Saturday night.

Sasha, please, don't overwork it. Please!!!! Let it rest for a week. The Lakers can manage a win or two without you.
That is the downside of being around Kobe Freaking Bryant, you push yourself too much sometimes.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Re: 10/19: Training Camp Reports - Day 20

Postby GinoDB on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:42 am

hes a very reliable Machine , he will be up and running and no time .

man for a guy nicknamed " the Machine", he sure has a lot of heart , I hope he doesn't over do it
but if he says hes ready to play then lets let him.
GinoDB

Postby GinoDB on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:44 am

Farmar
Vujacic
Ariza
Odom
Mihm(or Powell)

> Knicks starting line-up
GinoDB

Postby jedi master on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:40 am