2007 Draft = Best Since 96'?

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:11 am

I know its early to project this seeing as the 06 Draft hasnt even happened yet, but looking at potential, the 07 Draft could be one of the best, deepest drafts in years. Likely first rounders (feel free to add your own)

HS PLAYERS

Greg Oden, C OSU
Thaddeus Young, SF GT
Kevin Durant, SF UT
Javaris Crittenton, PG GT
Brandan Wright, PF UNC

and many others that we dont know about right now. UNC and OSU both have ridiculous freshman classes coming in, but its too early to speculate if they will stay.

COLLEGE PLAYERS

Joakim Noah, PF UF
Al Horford, PF UF
Julian Wright SG/SF, Kansas
Brandon Rush, SG/SF Kansas
Jeff Green, PF Georgetown
Roy Hibbert, C Georgetown
Kyle Lowry, PG Villanova
Curtis Sumpter, SF Villanova
Marcus Williams, SG Arizona
Jordan Farmar, PG UCLA
Aaron Afflalo, SG UCLA
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, SF/PF UCLA
Tyler Hansborough, PF UNC
Glen Davis, C LSU
Nick Young, SF USC
Gabe Pruitt, SG USC
Ronald Steele, PG Alabama (my favorite player in the draft)
Acie Law, PG Texas a&m
Joseph Jones, PF Texas a&m
Leon Powe, PF California
Corey Brewer, SF Florida
Daniel Gibson, PG Texas
Shawne Williams, SF Memphis
Al Thorton, SF/PF FSU
Jason Smith PF, CSU
Bobby Brown, PG CS-Fullerton
Reyshawn Terry, SF UNC
Terrance Roberts, PF Syracuse
Demetrius Nichols, SF Syracuse
Daryl Watkins, C Syracuse
Major Wingate, PF Tennesee

thats all possible 1st round talent, and just off the top of my head. This draft looks to be one of the best in years, what do you guys think?
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby Kwame on Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:38 am

I think we should trade DeSagna Diop Jr.(also known as Andrew Bynum) to Charlotte or something for their 2007 first round pick unprotected. hopefully w/ a little luck they'll stink up the place and get the number one pick. Then we can take Greg Oden.
Kwame

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:19 am

Kwame wrote:I think we should trade DeSagna Diop Jr.(also known as Andrew Bynum) to Charlotte or something for their 2007 first round pick unprotected. hopefully w/ a little luck they'll stink up the place and get the number one pick. Then we can take Greg Oden.

Let's try giving Bynum some time to develop before we start calling him Diop Jr.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:24 am

I haven't seen any of 2007th class players in game, but it can be really good class.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby High IQ on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:33 am

Bynum for Oden. I'm all for it. DO IT MITCH
High IQ

Postby Lord Johnny on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:34 am

High IQ wrote:Bynum for Oden. I'm all for it. DO IT MITCH
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby High IQ on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:44 am

when OJ Mayo will enter the draft?
High IQ

Postby jminges on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:49 am

High IQ wrote:when OJ Mayo will enter the draft?

If the kid wasn't held back a year... he'd be in that draft.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby High IQ on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:51 am

DO IT MITCH
High IQ

Postby Wino on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:18 am

Kwame wrote:I think we should trade DeSagna Diop Jr.(also known as Andrew Bynum) to Charlotte or something for their 2007 first round pick unprotected. hopefully w/ a little luck they'll stink up the place and get the number one pick. Then we can take Greg Oden.

You know there is something non-sequitor about a guy using the monikor of kwame who is unwilling to give a new center time to develop.

Heck, kwame had about as bad a path to acceptability as anyone can have and he is starting to pan out.

IF you are such a fan of Kwame, then why can't you give a break to this kid Bynum??? He hasn't had anywhere NEAR the problems that Kwame had and he hasn't shown nearly as much downside as Kwame did early.

Where are you coming from?
The mustard's off the hotdog!!
Wino

Postby hZm on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:05 am

Wino wrote:

You know there is something non-sequitor about a guy using the monikor of kwame who is unwilling to give a new center time to develop.

Heck, kwame had about as bad a path to acceptability as anyone can have and he is starting to pan out.

IF you are such a fan of Kwame, then why can't you give a break to this kid Bynum??? He hasn't had anywhere NEAR the problems that Kwame had and he hasn't shown nearly as much downside as Kwame did early.

:man10: Great post.
hZm

Postby Kwame on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:49 am

Wino wrote:

Every time I make this post someone has that same response lol... I need to put it in my sig. it'll say something like "I know my name is Kwame but I think Bynum is DeSagna Diop Jr."

anyway I just feel the Bynum is a kid that was able to fool Jimmy Bonehead Buss into taking him. He's big and hasn't shown anything really impressive to warrante wasting Kobe's prime. he didn't even start playing basketball until high school, and played in a weak league which he didn't dominate.

I'm hoping that Bynum is really just a smokescreen that the FO planned in hopes of tricking some dumb team like New York into trading a number 1 pick for him or something.
Kwame

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:19 pm

Can we chill with the DO IT MITCH in every freakin thread. Obviously no one is gonna trade the number 1 for Bynum, it doesnt benefit either team clearly and would be a weird trade.
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:34 pm

Kwame wrote:
Every time I make this post someone has that same response lol... I need to put it in my sig. it'll say something like "I know my name is Kwame but I think Bynum is DeSagna Diop Jr."

anyway I just feel the Bynum is a kid that was able to fool Jimmy Bonehead Buss into taking him. He's big and hasn't shown anything really impressive to warrante wasting Kobe's prime. he didn't even start playing basketball until high school, and played in a weak league which he didn't dominate.

I'm hoping that Bynum is really just a smokescreen that the FO planned in hopes of tricking some dumb team like New York into trading a number 1 pick for him or something.

You do realize you are calling a guy a bust who has barely played and when he did at one point was leading the league in blocks per 48 min.

Let's give Bynum a few years before you start calling the guy a bust.

Bynum does have talent especially in the rebounding and blocking with those long arms. Not really sure how good he will be one on one D but, has a big body and will clog up the lane. Plus he has some nice hops as well.

As for him tricking Jimmy Buss I guess he also tricked Jim calhoun becuase Calhoun wanted Bynum to come there.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Kwame on Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:11 am

strikemode14 wrote:
Kwame wrote:

You do realize you are calling a guy a bust who has barely played and when he did at one point was leading the league in blocks per 48 min.

Bynum does have talent especially in the rebounding and blocking with those long arms. Not really sure how good he will be one on one D but, has a big body and will clog up the lane. Plus he has some nice hops as well.

As for him tricking Jimmy Buss I guess he also tricked Jim calhoun becuase Calhoun wanted Bynum to come there.

the fact that Bynum was leading in it tells you everything you need to know about per 48 min. stats.
Kwame

Postby eNlight on Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:43 pm

desanga diop jr

:man10: :man10: :man10:

thats a classic
eNlight

Postby DWadeIsGod03 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:48 pm

The guys who Caron listed are just some of the players who already have a national reputation. There are plenty of international and mid-major players who will also be pushing for first round slots.
DWadeIsGod03
Clublakers Rep: Heat

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:38 pm

I agree Caron, it has the makings to be a hell of a draft. With all those guys, then some international flavor. Guys like Tiago Splitter, Marco Belinelli, Ante Tomic, Sergio Rodriguez, Rudy Fernandez, and Sergio Rodriguez. It should be interesting next summer.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:19 am

Kwame wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:
Kwame wrote:

the fact that Bynum was leading in it tells you everything you need to know about per 48 min. stats.

The point is that he has shown he can be a productive player and calling him Diop Jr this early in his career is silly.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:02 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I agree Caron, it has the makings to be a hell of a draft. With all those guys, then some international flavor. Guys like Tiago Splitter, Marco Belinelli, Ante Tomic, Sergio Rodriguez, Rudy Fernandez, and Sergio Rodriguez. It should be interesting next summer.

I plan on making myself eligible for the 2007 NBA draft as well.
Savory Griddles

Return to NBA 2014 Draft