2011 Draft Lottery

Re: 2011 Draft Lottery

Postby kray28 on Tue May 17, 2011 9:26 pm

I think Baron is laughing is his butt off at Sterling right now. That trade was a total "eff you Baron, hope you freeze your arse off in Cleveland" move by Sterling.

Now everyone is like LOL@Sterling. Hope Mo was worth it, you tool.
kray28

Postby dj vitus on Tue May 17, 2011 10:16 pm

LOL, maybe the Cavs CAN win a Championship before the Heat! :man10:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Frank Dux on Tue May 17, 2011 11:21 pm

would you guys feel good about drafting Kemba Walker in the top 5? i'm a little concerned about his size, and his score first mentality to be a true NBA point guard. don't get me wrong though, he was the best player in the tournament, and i really like his game. i'm just not sold that it will translate though.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue May 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Dude, I just watched the draft lottery announcement via DVR and all I have to say is "WTF?" Why are GM's, owners, and relatives of owners cracking jokes up there and why is Heather Cox attempting to make a spectacle of things? Your teams all BLOW and you sure as s*** shouldn't be all laughs and smiles up there unless you're the one with the #1 pick. Kind of embarrassing if you ask me.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby JSM on Wed May 18, 2011 12:05 am

Frank Dux wrote:would you guys feel good about drafting Kemba Walker in the top 5? i'm a little concerned about his size, and his score first mentality to be a true NBA point guard.

On talent alone, sure. He's makes my top 5 (in the 4-6 range). But fit might be another story. He's going to need to go to a team that allows him to dominate the ball. A quality frontcourt would help his transition as well. To combat his size on the defensive end, they're going to need some trees in the middle where he can funnel the guard. And he's very good in the P&R (as is Knight), so if you have a big you can involve in the P&R or pick and pop, I think he'd be a good fit on such a team. Also, I think Knight could easily go before him. He doesn't have the size concerns and is easier to plug into a lot of these teams. I think he'll do better next to a ball dominant G/F than Kemba would.

My thoughts on Kemba's fit with the lottery teams:

Jazz (3) would take Knight over him. Better fit with their personnel.

If the Cavs take Williams at 1, I suppose they could take Walker at 4. Sideshow Bob gives the help on D and you can get Hickson involved in the P&R. But that's assuming the amnesty clause goes into effect and you can dump Baron. And that's doing a disservice for Williams by limiting his touches to some degree. Plus, not snagging at least one big when you have two prime draft slots is quite risky.

Raptors (5) still have Calderon. Kemba and Bargnani in the pick and pop could work, though. Their frontline doesn't do help him on D, do the Raptors even play D?

Wizards (6) have Wall, Kings have Evans (7), Bucks have Jennings (10), Warriors have Curry (11) so they're all four crossed out.

Pistons (8) tried the undersized scoring guard thing with Stuckey and it didn't work. Wouldn't try again if I'm them.

Cats could take him at 9, they've been missing a PG all season long. Don't seem to be sold on Augustin as the solution. If he slipped to 9, it'd really help MJ get over the Kwame drafting fiasco. Their mixed bag of bigs cover the needs. But then you just have to ask if there's enough touches for Jax, Henderson, and Kemba.

And I really see no scenario where Kemba drops out of the top 10. If he doesn't fit on those teams, someone will trade for him, or one of those teams will select him and hope to trade him later on. So if I had to guess, 4, 5, 9 or traded to another team.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby GoatMilk16 on Wed May 18, 2011 1:06 am

kray28 wrote:I think Baron is laughing is his butt off at Sterling right now. That trade was a total "eff you Baron, hope you freeze your arse off in Cleveland" move by Sterling.

meh, maybe
i only say this because the clippers lose Baron's contract which allows them some money to spend this offseason(idk how the lockout would affect anything)

and it looks bad that the clips lose the #1 pick this year, but next year they have the Wolves unprotected pick so there's potential to get a top 3 pick

Kyrie Irving would have been nice for the Clips, but they dont NEED a PG

overall, the trade was fine. good for Cleveland
GoatMilk16

Postby Frank Dux on Wed May 18, 2011 1:43 pm

GoatMilk16 wrote:
kray28 wrote:I think Baron is laughing is his butt off at Sterling right now. That trade was a total "eff you Baron, hope you freeze your arse off in Cleveland" move by Sterling.

meh, maybe
i only say this because the clippers lose Baron's contract which allows them some money to spend this offseason(idk how the lockout would affect anything)

and it looks bad that the clips lose the #1 pick this year, but next year they have the Wolves unprotected pick so there's potential to get a top 3 pick

Kyrie Irving would have been nice for the Clips, but they dont NEED a PG
overall, the trade was fine. good for Cleveland

yeah they do. Mo Williams is not the answer in terms their of future point guard. Irving would have been a perfect fit for them. if they don't take irving, then they can grab Williams who IMO would fit their style of play, and would make an immidiate impact.

the trade was terrible on the Clippers end, and not ending up with Irving was not worth the 12 million in capspace they're saving.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Wed May 18, 2011 3:11 pm

I am so happy for the Cavaliers organization. They deserved it. I loved it even more that the #1 pick was from the Clippers. Now I'm kind of sad that Harrison Barnes didn't enter the draft. He and Irving are best friends, and would have been great at #1 and #4. With that said, lets suppose Cleveland takes Kyrie Irving with the #1 pick in the draft. Do you see any humanly way possible that Derrick Williams makes his way to Cleveland at #4?

1. Cleveland- Kyrie Irving
2. Minnesota- Enes Kanter
3. Utah- Brandon Knight
4. Cleveland- Derrick Williams

Obviously Williams won't be heading to Utah, with Jefferson and Favors there. They need a point guard, and Knight looks like the pick here. I do think its more likely that Willams falls to #4 then Irving. I don't see any scenario that would allow Irving to fall to #4.

Irving and Williams would be two excellent players for this organization to build around.
LAKEROC

Postby Frank Dux on Wed May 18, 2011 8:04 pm

^i don't see any scenario where Williams would drop past 3. Utah needs another wing, and Williams is projected to be a small forward at the NBA level. also, Williams is going to be better than Beasley, so Minny should take him and shop Beasley.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Thu May 19, 2011 9:36 am

^ Irving and Barnes would have been the ultimate duo for Cleveland to start over with. As I have said, the two are best friends, so continuity would have started off the bat.

Who knows, maybe Kanter ends up being a great post player for them if they take him. Irving and Kanter could be phenomenal
LAKEROC

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft