2nd best athlete n draft 6'7" plays 1/2/3 Ronnie Brewer

2nd best athlete n draft 6'7" plays 1/2/3 Ronnie Brewer

Postby NBA FAN on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:01 pm

according to fitness and athleticism results gathered and posted on a the follwoing real gm article http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=526165
this kid is a monster. excellent on d has potential to become a lock down defender at the 1 2 and 3 ala scottie pippen. can handle the ball extremely well. infact he player pg at his college. excellent court vision as well. could he be our target in the draft???? any thoughts. his stock is rising quickly. he may just be our target!

Draftexpress says http://draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=64
nbadraft.net says http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/ronniebrewer.asp
collegehoopsnet.com says http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/20 ... brewer.htm
very nice prospect. i would love to have him over any other player in the draft. Just wow!!!!
NBA FAN

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:26 pm

Yeah, I want him here too.
He would fit very well in triangle, DO IT MITCH!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Flatlyner on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:29 pm

He certainly seems to be of the mold PJ likes. He could be a point forward easily, but, i guess he'd have to be. As I'm sure we would have to move Odom to move up high enough to acquire him.
Last edited by Flatlyner on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flatlyner

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:34 pm

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:Yeah, I want him here too.
He would fit very well in triangle, DO IT MITCH!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:35 pm

Flatlyner wrote:He certainly seems to be of the mold PJ likes. He could be a point forward easily, but, i guess he'd have to be. As I'm sure we would have to move Odom to move up high enought to acquire him.

He should be available between 7-10. Not higher nor would he fall much more.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:13 pm

GOLDEN STATE IS WILLING TO PART WITH 9 :man1:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:54 pm

SWOL wrote:GOLDEN STATE IS WILLING TO PART WITH 9 :man1:

yes but do you want to pay dumbwitty 9 mio. a year? I don´t.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Azndude2190 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:43 am

Brewer is a nice fit for are system...BUT I'd much rather prefer getting Mardy Collins who can be had at the 26th pick(bearing no trades to move up)
Azndude2190

Postby Flatlyner on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:16 am

Azndude2190 wrote:Brewer is a nice fit for are system...BUT I'd much rather prefer getting Mardy Collins who can be had at the 26th pick(bearing no trades to move up)

Let me get this straight, you'd rather have Mardy Collins then Ronnie Brewer... ?? Your a Laker fan right? :freak2:

If we do end up moving Lamar, Ronnie would be a natural replacement. They are similar in my eyes except I think Ronnie has more ball handling skills.
Flatlyner

Postby SWOL on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:40 am

KB8@CL wrote:

WHO IS DUMBWITTY
SWOL

Postby hype on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:50 am

SWOL wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

WHO IS DUMBWITTY

mike dunleavy
hype

Postby Azndude2190 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:57 am

Flatlyner wrote:
Azndude2190 wrote:Brewer is a nice fit for are system...BUT I'd much rather prefer getting Mardy Collins who can be had at the 26th pick(bearing no trades to move up)

Let me get this straight, you'd rather have Mardy Collins then Ronnie Brewer... ?? Your a Laker fan right? :freak2:

If we do end up moving Lamar, Ronnie would be a natural replacement. They are similar in my eyes except I think Ronnie has more ball handling skills.

Forgive me if not draft expert...but doesnt Ronnie have something wrong with his arm?...has bad shooting mechanics?Furthermore he's projected around the 7-13 range so how do we get him???I think Mardy Collins is better but thats just my honest IMO given how he's also a combo guard and tall just what phil needs+he doesnt have the flawed offense becuz of a messed up arm...are you a Laker fan?Moving Odom for draft picks???Ronnie replacing Odom????
Azndude2190

Postby SWOL on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:02 am

hype wrote:
SWOL wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

WHO IS DUMBWITTY

mike dunleavy

DUDE ID TAKE DUNLEVY AND THE 9 FOR MIHM 26 AND EXPIRING K's....THINK ABOUT IT

SIGN BANKS
DRAFT BREWER (this dude us the real deal)

LINE UP
BANKS / BREWER / SASHA
KOBE / BREWER
DUNLEVY / BREWER / LUKE
ODOM / TURIAF
KWAME / BYNUM
SWOL

Postby Flatlyner on Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Forgive me if not draft expert...but doesnt Ronnie have something wrong with his arm?...has bad shooting mechanics?Furthermore he's projected around the 7-13 range so how do we get him???I think Mardy Collins is better but thats just my honest IMO given how he's also a combo guard and tall just what phil needs+he doesnt have the flawed offense becuz of a messed up arm...are you a Laker fan?Moving Odom for draft picks???Ronnie replacing Odom????

There was no claim of being a draft expert, as I am not one, nor did I imply that you needed to be to comment with your opinion. But, to rather have Collins then Brewer is just ignorant. Not taking into account what we would need to move up and get Brewer, just in general. Brewer is the better player, hands down. I defy you to prove that anyone shares your opinion.

Hurt arm or not, that has been evaluated and reevaluated and I'm sure he wouldn't be a lottery choice if it was a problem. However, even if he doesn't shoot an amazing percent from the outside, does Lamar now? No. However, Brewer would give us that combo guard/forward that Phil loves.

BTW, I said IF we move Lamar. No where did I suggest we DO move him. If we DO, Brewer looks to be a natural replacement. Don't jump to conclusions man, we all love the purple and gold, and, personally, I like Lamar.
Flatlyner

Postby Azndude2190 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:49 pm

Flatlyner wrote:
Azndude2190 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

There was no claim of being a draft expert, as I am not one, nor did I imply that you needed to be to comment with your opinion. But, to rather have Collins then Brewer is just ignorant. Not taking into account what we would need to move up and get Brewer, just in general. Brewer is the better player, hands down. I defy you to prove that anyone shares your opinion.

Hurt arm or not, that has been evaluated and reevaluated and I'm sure he wouldn't be a lottery choice if it was a problem. However, even if he doesn't shoot an amazing percent from the outside, does Lamar now? No. However, Brewer would give us that combo guard/forward that Phil loves.

BTW, I said IF we move Lamar. No where did I suggest we DO move him. If we DO, Brewer looks to be a natural replacement. Don't jump to conclusions man, we all love the purple and gold, and, personally, I like Lamar.

I just find it odd that one would question me if I was a Laker fan because I favor one player over another.Lets get one thing straight,his arm did have problems and no one even knows if these problems will arise later on.So saying he was revaluated multiple times doesnt mean anything.Umm Collins would also give us that combo guard/forward Phil loves also.Your putting the job of executing the triangle in the hands of a rookie that Phil will probably not play if Lamar is in fact traded?(BTW at best I think Collins would be a role player coming of the bench to back Parker or whoever we have starting at PG)Saying Brewer "looks to be a natural replacement" for Odom is jumping to conclusions.

BTW Brewers arm not only would effect his outside shooting(or shooting just in general)but at the FT line also.He's a alright player but don't expect him to replace anyone.Nor do I think Collins is either.
Azndude2190

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:03 pm

SWOL wrote:
hype wrote:
SWOL wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

WHO IS DUMBWITTY

mike dunleavy

DUDE ID TAKE DUNLEVY AND THE 9 FOR MIHM 26 AND EXPIRING K's....THINK ABOUT IT

SIGN BANKS
DRAFT BREWER (this dude us the real deal)

LINE UP
BANKS / BREWER / SASHA
KOBE / BREWER
DUNLEVY / BREWER / LUKE
ODOM / TURIAF
KWAME / BYNUM

Unfortunately, Buss wouldn't take his 9 million a year contract and I doubt GS would be willing to give up their only means of improving (the draft) next season because we took a contract off their hands that won't drop them below the cap anyway.

Players in the draft all seem great now, but none of them are proven and most turn out like Sasha and Cook. There is only one superstar talent in this draft and [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Roy, Aldridge, Tyrus and maybe Morrison will be solid players. After that it's a crap shoot.
Savory Griddles

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:36 pm

Yeah, I'm extremely high on Brewer. His skill set is magnificent, and couple that with his intelligence and his great physical tools, and you really have a player primed to be a superstar. He's extremely humble, hustles, plays hard, and has even improved his free throw %'s from last year, a testament to his work ethic. I consider his shooting form and his overall shooting ability just a very *minor* weakness, but aside from that, I really like him as a prospect. I think he could be a steal in the #12-16 areas, I just think that his athleticism and well-rounded game alone should make him a better prospect than guys such as Rodney Carney, Randy Foye and Patrick O'Bryant. His upside is enormous and he should really have no problem contributing to an NBA team right off the bat.

As for Collins, his stock is dropping like a rock; he's bearing the brunt of the damage as players' stocks are moving upwards. Fact of the matter is, scouts aren't enamored with Collins because he lacks great athleticism, lacks great potential and does nothing particularly well. In fact, it's Collins's height that is probably the most intriguing and that is probably what saves him from falling into the 2nd round; he's still a 6'6" versatile guard. He's a good passer for the two-guard, but average for the PG; he's a very mediocre shooter as well which doesn't help his chances. His off-the-ball defense is good but on-the-ball defense raises questions. Overall, he's losing interest as teams are looking for more star potential and athleticism. However, Collins should still be a nice role player in the NBA a la John Salmons. As for the Lakers, he could definitely be a triangle fit but our last tall point guard experiment failed a la Sasha Vujacic and even Aaron McKie. Thus I'm not so sure if we should give him a chance even if he falls into our laps--hopefully more emphasis on athleticism.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Azndude2190 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:25 pm

Who else can be have for the 26th?The only people I'm looking at are Mardy Collins,Shawne Williams,and James White.
Azndude2190

Postby karacha on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Brewer is a true PJ-type player. Can we get him?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:13 am

ya Rydejorker thats how I see Brewer too.

and Collins is way to slow to defend the point IMO. We definitely need someone who can cover the quick PGs (Bibby, Parker, Nash, Ford, Knight,...)

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Flatlyner on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:49 am

I agree on the assessments of Collins, he isn't fast enough or athletically gifted enough to make noise in the NBA, IMHO.

Who could we have at #26 that might be better suited? Diaz, Ager, and perhaps Shannon Brown.
Flatlyner

Return to NBA 2014 Draft