Aldridge Bolting To NBA

Aldridge Bolting To NBA

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:17 am

Real GM: Mercury News - Sources say friends and family are interviewing agents to represent LaMarcus Aldridge. He and his mother, Georgia, have not responded to phone messages.

Three NBA player personnel directors told The Dallas Morning News that Aldridge is a top-three pick in the upcoming NBA draft.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby bhatta on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:55 am

Hehe he tried to pretend like he was coming back to school until they waived millions in his face.

Good choice on his part. Shouldn't fall past #5.
bhatta
Clublakers Lead Analyst

Postby In The Key on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:31 am

I think he's the only legitimate bigman, granted Noah does stay in Florida til next year.

He's got a nice NBA body, and his comparisons to Channing Frye I think really down play the kind of effect he can have. He's a big body, he can post up and use that little jumper of his on players, or maybe go with the sky hook at times. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Garnett. He's even developed a defensive game. Very versatile. Obvious star potential in him...

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby lakerfool on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:16 am

At best: Antonio Mcdysse when healthy

at worst- channing frye this year

Has a nice long 7 foot frame that is able to add more lbs soft hands around the rim
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:17 am

I think he'll be the #1 pick. Unless Tyrus enters, then it won't be determined until workouts on who will go first. Who would yall take? Aldridge or TT?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakerfool on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:20 am

jsm0331 wrote:I think he'll be the #1 pick. Unless Tyrus enters, then it won't be determined until workouts on who will go first. Who would yall take? Aldridge or TT?

really hard. TT is more athletic and more defensive potential. But from seeing what's happened w/ swift in the NBA, you cringe, even though the two players have different attitudes

I'll take the more skilled offensive player in Aldridge for now..unless tt really shows some touch in workouts
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby bhatta on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:00 am

Thomas' athletic ability makes him the number one pick, but as Lakerfool mentioned, teams will be weary of getting another Stromile Swift / Keon Clark on their hands.

Thomas' draftability (?) will be determined by his offensive game (we know what he can do on D) and his attitude.
bhatta
Clublakers Lead Analyst

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:55 pm

Shouldn't fall past #3. Rudy Gay has rarely impressed this year and Adam Morrison still has weaknesses pertaining to athleticism despite his desire to win and scoring ability.

Aldridge is a player that can be molded to fit team needs, that's the best aspect about his game. He has a decent inside-outside game, has long arms to block shots and can rebound some. He can play power forward if his team wants him to, and also handle center adequately as well. He's done enough to warrant a high pick.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Snake Eyes on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Apologies to the CL community for the second thread.
Snake Eyes

Postby eNlight on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:16 pm

i think gm's rather pick aldridge, he is so efficient with his shots, and he is no ball hog, he loves to win, and play with the system. he is a friendly guy and not cocky at all. i compare him to chris bosh, one of those tall guys that are lean and quick, explosive mid range jumper. can hit free throws.

tyrus thomas is one of those guys that are wild like you guys said, stromile swift. sticking out the tongue with a lot of passion, great blocker and dunker. just an athletic defensive freak. he could use another year in college though.
eNlight

Postby d.carter4kobe on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:57 am

I think Aldridge would be a better fit for this team.
d.carter4kobe

Postby jminges on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:25 am

rydjorker121 wrote:Aldridge is a player that can be molded to fit team needs, that's the best aspect about his game. He has a decent inside-outside game, has long arms to block shots and can rebound some. He can play power forward if his team wants him to, and also handle center adequately as well.

You forgot to mention his great fundamentals. I watch him and it's like watching Tim Duncan.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Return to NBA 2014 Draft