Arizona's Williams to test NBA waters

Arizona's Williams to test NBA waters

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:25 am

Fox Sports: Arizona freshman forward Marcus Williams has decided to put his name in for the NBA draft, but will not sign with an agent, according to sources close to the situation.

The 6-foot-7, 205-pound Williams, who averaged 13.0 points and 4.7 rebounds last season, becomes the second Wildcats player to test the NBA waters, joining junior point guard Mustafa Shakur.

In a second-round NCAA tournament matchup with Villanova, Williams scored a team-high 24 points.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:27 pm

Fundamentally sound silky-smooth shooter who can contribute in a little bit of everything. Was arguably the leader of U of A along with Hassan Adams, especially for a freshman. His stock is probably higher than Adams' as well, mostly due to his potential. He seriously needs another year and should really go back to school to improve his stock, but if he enters, a late 1st round pick would probably be waiting for him.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:35 pm

This is the type of kid I can see the Lakers taking late in the 1st round. Mitch has spoken publically about not wanting to address needs thru the draft, and with the pick of Bynum it looks like the Lakers are more interested in building for the future. Marcus Williams has potential to be an elite player in a few years, hes shown tremendous natural ability in his freshman year and I would be behind this pick 100%.

If he wants to come out this year, thats his mistake but it would be foolish not to snag this kid at the end of the 1st round. With another year at Arizona he would likely be a lottery pick next season, maybe top 10. "Potential" is the key word here, but if LAL is trying to build for the future this is a PERFECT pick.
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby eNlight on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:06 pm

save him for the second round
eNlight

Postby jminges on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:08 pm

eNlight wrote:save him for the second round

He could go lottery next year, if he had a team to himself. We should pick him up if he drops.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:21 pm

Caron1 wrote:This is the type of kid I can see the Lakers taking late in the 1st round. Mitch has spoken publically about not wanting to address needs thru the draft, and with the pick of Bynum it looks like the Lakers are more interested in building for the future. Marcus Williams has potential to be an elite player in a few years, hes shown tremendous natural ability in his freshman year and I would be behind this pick 100%.

If he wants to come out this year, thats his mistake but it would be foolish not to snag this kid at the end of the 1st round. With another year at Arizona he would likely be a lottery pick next season, maybe top 10. "Potential" is the key word here, but if LAL is trying to build for the future this is a PERFECT pick.

I share the same sentiments. He is a versatile player and a potential player as well, which fits both of our needs for a triangle player who can perhaps become something special along the road. I think he would still be there at the late 1st round although he thinks he's a top 20 pick, but if he was still on the board (assuming he enters the draft) I would certainly take him over players such as Thabo Sefolosha, Guillermo Diaz and even Rudy Fernandez. I like him the best of the bunch.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby D Nice on Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:11 pm

In another year or two

PG: Williams
SG: Kobe
SF: Odom
PF: Whoever we trade Mihm/Kwame For
Cc: Bynum

:man4: :jam2: :man13:
D Nice

Postby Still A Dynasty on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:17 pm

From a Wildcat's POV:

Williams is the real deal. Easily out best/most important player. Can do everything well. Ideal Triangle PG.
Still A Dynasty

Return to NBA 2014 Draft