Article Says James White Worked out W/ Lakers

Article Says James White Worked out W/ Lakers

Postby pureuncut100 on Wed May 24, 2006 11:34 pm

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/sto ... 06aav.html

The article is for some guy named Daniel Kickert from St. Marys who worked out for the Lakers on May 23. But 3 other players are said to have been at that workout. One of them being James White. I wonder if this is true and if it is true I wonder why it was kept quiet. I could only speculate.

From what I have seen and heard about James Whites and his workouts, I dont think teams want to let the cat out of the bag on this guy. I think many teams want to steal him but at the same time, they dont want to use a first round pick on him.

If Phil Jackson sees this guy and he has a good workout, PJ will ask for him. The reason why I say this is because James WHite looks like Scottie Pippen/Ron Harper/Michael Cooper/a PJ type player. 6'7", good defender, versatile, the most athletic with a jumper.
pureuncut100

Postby JSM on Thu May 25, 2006 12:09 am

Nice find.

Those that were at the workout: Daniel Kickert, Matt Haryasz, Thomas Gardner, James White.

I'll give the workout thread an update tomorrow.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

james white is underrated

Postby Mr. Sampton on Thu May 25, 2006 12:52 am

James White is a true player (kind of Tayshawn Prince like only two inches shorter but better athelete)....incredible dunker and can stay with any perimeter player in the league. I like Douby, Shannon Brown, Powe and Vinicius a little more but I would not complain if Kupchack went with White.
Mr. Sampton

Postby ladam24 on Thu May 25, 2006 3:28 am

I like White. A very good athlete, and thats what we need to bring in. Everybody is getting more athletic these days, we need to bring in athletes to compete with players that are big, physical, quick guys.

James White has Huge hops, i would sure sacrifice some explosiveness and hops for a little more size and strength. But as his age, he doesnt need to sacrifice that explosiveness, which is good.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby slimjim on Thu May 25, 2006 2:24 pm

long, atheletic, quick jumper, working on his outsude shot...potential to be a good defender...

marion-esque? :man9:

with hard work.. i wouldn't be suprised if white becomes one of the best players in the draft class...

incase anyone hasn't seen it yet...http://youtube.com/watch?v=cJNb_usJ3hg&search=ncaa%20dunk%20contest%202006
slimjim

Postby GCMD on Thu May 25, 2006 4:20 pm

slimjim wrote:long, atheletic, quick jumper, working on his outsude shot...potential to be a good defender...

marion-esque? :man9:

with hard work.. i wouldn't be suprised if white becomes one of the best players in the draft class...

incase anyone hasn't seen it yet...http://youtube.com/watch?v=cJNb_usJ3hg&search=ncaa%20dunk%20contest%202006

Dude was doin that stuff in high school...

Going find this underground basketball DVD...Ball B4 All

He's on there in HIGH SCHOOL str8 YOKIN on cats!!!

If he was 20 pounds heavier, he'd be a lotto pick because there would be NO stopping him...
GCMD

Postby High IQ on Fri May 26, 2006 3:38 am

I was always wondering who is that James White guy... THAT THE DUDE FROM THE NCAA SD CONTEST??? DO IT MITCH! PLEEEEASE
High IQ

Postby GCMD on Fri May 26, 2006 7:01 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeAcPik4_s&search=James%20White

Enjoy...there's alot footage in there from High School that was also on the "Ball B4 All" DVD...

Enjoy... :man12:
GCMD

Postby Sky on Fri May 26, 2006 7:45 am

White's all clay no game. He's had five years of college ball to develop skills and his body and he's done neither.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Postby GCMD on Fri May 26, 2006 8:21 am

He's a future role player...but it's more about how the skills he has fit with what we are trying to do...

If he can hit the 3 and play some triangle 1/2, he's worth it...he's already better than Sasha...add in the ability to finish on the break, and he's not a bad prospect...

It's not like we're talking about a lotto pick...this guy is likely a late 1st rnder in a VERY weak draft...

All things considered, we could do alot worse...
GCMD

Postby Mr. Sampton on Sun May 28, 2006 5:30 pm

I disagree with comments about this draft being weak. We are talking about a guy in White who is argueably more athletic than any player in the league right now, going in the late first round of this draft. In addition the best shooter in college basket ball, Steve Novak of Marquette (compare is 3 pt shooting/free thow shooting to anyones and it proves my case. He was the only person that was defended on Marquette roster. He is lights out!) is being projected as a second rounder. This draft class is not getting the respect it deserves.
Mr. Sampton

Postby KoOL pLaYa C on Sun May 28, 2006 6:48 pm

Mr. Sampton wrote:I disagree with comments about this draft being weak. We are talking about a guy in White who is argueably more athletic than any player in the league right now, going in the late first round of this draft. In addition the best shooter in college basket ball, Steve Novak of Marquette (compare is 3 pt shooting/free thow shooting to anyones and it proves my case. He was the only person that was defended on Marquette roster. He is lights out!) is being projected as a second rounder. This draft class is not getting the respect it deserves.

I think the reason people consider this draft weak is because it doesn't have any SUPERSTARS like LeBron, Wade, Melo, Amare, or Dwight Howard but it is a very solid class. I think there are alot of quality players that could become great role players all the way into the 2nd round in this draft.

This is a good draft from top to bottom BUT it doesn't have anyone spectacular at the top.
KoOL pLaYa C

Postby Dizzmal on Mon May 29, 2006 10:40 am

I think the second round has a lot to offer us this year. Particularly James White, Quincy Douby, Dee Brown or Darius Washington. People say that this draft is weak, but that is only considering the top 6 or so picks, not the rest of the class. Now on James White: Could very easily win the Slam Dunk Contest right now, has incredible athetism and from what I hear, decent ball handling. Really, his stock depends mostly on how well he does on his workouts. Right now, NBADraft.net has him late in the second round. I find that highly unlikely. There are lots and lots of players that could really help us out this year, unlike Marcus Douthit in 2003. I just know I wouldn't be dissappointed with our second round pick.
Dizzmal

Return to NBA 2014 Draft