O'Bryant declares for draft

O'Bryant declares for draft

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:57 am

ESPN: Patrick O'Bryant helped Bradley make it to the Sweet 16 last month. Now he's hoping to make it to the NBA.

O'Bryant announced Saturday that he has declared for the June 28 NBA draft. However, he has not yet hired an agent, meaning he has until 10 days before the draft to opt out and maintain his college eligibility.

O'Bryant, who averaged 13.4 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.9 blocks last season, told the Journal Star that his goal is to be a lottery pick. He said the only way he would return to Bradley is if he suffered an injury or if he wasn't happy with his draft projection.

"This is a lifelong dream, to play in the NBA," O'Bryant told the newspaper. "It came around earlier than I expected. I was thinking I'd be doing this in 2008.

"Publicity is high right now and my stock is so high right now, you've got to go with it," he said.

The 2006 Missouri Valley Conference defensive player of the year averaged 2.9 blocked shots per game.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby jminges on Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:22 pm

I predict lottery to Atlanta. O'Bryant is a legit 7-footer, 7-6 wingspan, with soft hands.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby In The Key on Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:17 pm

Actually one of the most polished and NBA ready big men I've seem in a while. Will help out but needs a few years to get his groove on a bit. Should stay another year, but if he wants to get snagged in the lottery, now's the time. Next year is too good.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:13 pm

He is a potential player because how he will respond in the NBA is a little murky. He didn't play against top competition during the regular season although he showed sparks in the tourney. There are also questions about his work ethic and behavior; is it like Erick Dampier and Jamaal Magloire, may he be an underachiever in the NBA? Nonetheless, though, a 7-footer so well built doesn't grow from trees, as well as one who is as good a rebounder as he is.

Probably a mid-2nd round pick all the way.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA 2014 Draft