Bulls want Sene with 16th pick

Bulls want Sene with 16th pick

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:23 am

Draft Express: A team source informed us that the Chicago Bulls were blown away by Saer Sene’s “athleticism, upside and speed” at a workout he recently conducted at the Berto Center. According to the source, Sene “blew the roof off the workout” and is now considered a legitimate option for the Bulls at #16. "He might be the longest person in the world!"

When talking about potential problems he might face in the NBA with the speed the game is played at, the source was adamant about the fact that he tested out extremely well off the court and that his learning curve appears to be very sharp.

Similar questions we posed via email to a coach he worked with this past year in Belgium garnered the following response: “If you saw the progression he’s made you would be amazed. His talent to pick up fundamentals is amazing. In the games he wasn't always ready to catch the ball, but for me it was more inexperience than bad hands. He's a good kid, with a golden heart. With the necessary aid of personal coaches who take their time, I really believe that he has a great future in the NBA.”

Sene will be working out in Philadelphia today (20th) with Hilton Armstrong, Oleksiy Pecherov and Patrick O’Bryant. After that he has the Phoenix Suns scheduled on the 22nd, a second visit with the Supersonics on the 23rd, a second visit with his biggest fan Karl Malone and the Utah Jazz on the 25th, and potentially Houston before the draft. His range appears to be somewhere in the 10-21 area, with the New York Knicks being a major hindrance to Phoenix’s hopes of him being there at 21 after having watched him work out and fallen in love with him during the week of the Orlando pre-draft camp.

Sene’s potential is not lost on the shoe companies either, as he’s recently reached a three year marketing deal agreement with Nike.

Recent talk has the Phoenix Suns potentially packaging both of their picks (#21+#27) into the teens to draft him.

DraftExpress has exclusively obtained an 8 minute long highlight reel of Sene for our users to enjoy. The clip features plenty of plays from the Nike Hoop Summit in April, as well as game footage from this past season in Belgium with Pepinster.

(go to link to see video)
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby eNlight on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:25 am

he shouldn't be that low than. sounds like dikembe dos.
eNlight

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:02 am

Sear Sene is VERY RAW. DAMN RAW. He has NO OFFENSE but his athleticim and D could be something special given his size.

I think Sene >>> O´Bryant but I think Bynum > both at least when it comes to overall performence.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby MarkMadsen on Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:48 am

Sene looks alot more polished than Bynum from that video I seen. I like his mobility for his size. He looks like he could be a swat machine. I wouldnt mind at all if he we pick him up.
MarkMadsen

Postby Klewfish on Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:41 am

I really want the Lakers to draft this guy or Cedric Simmons. Of course they wuold have to move up in the draft to do so.

Sene/Bynum = Defensive Duo
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:22 am

MarkMadsen wrote:Sene looks alot more polished than Bynum from that video I seen. I like his mobility for his size. He looks like he could be a swat machine. I wouldnt mind at all if he we pick him up.

polished? now way. He is raw like green tomatoes.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Flatlyner on Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:44 am

I don't know, I saw signs of life on offense for him. He looks like a more athletic Mutumbo. He was running the breaks and keeping up with the guards. Also, he took a nice looking jumper at the top of the key. This kid could be special. I would not mind trading up to get this kid.
Flatlyner

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:00 am

Suns want him and I think he'll fit very well into their system.
He can run and catch the ball and with Nash he could not only block shots and get rebounds, but score too.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Savage1 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:11 am

He'd be an excellent fit in Phoenix. As for the Bulls, this guy isn't exactly what they need. Chandler had his best year when playing alongside Curry, a player that is capable of scoring from the low post. They don't need a duplicate Chandler, who is at his best playing off of other players, they need a player that can score and make it easier for Chandler. That being said, getting a player that is able to score in the low post is a lot easier said than done, but this isn't the guy and Ben Wallace isn't the guy that they need.
Savage1

Postby Blkhorse on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:12 am

man if the lakers find a way to draft this guy, i believe we would hit gold. there's nothing wrong with having a swating maching like sene.
Blkhorse

Postby Laker4Ever on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:39 am

I thought they were leaning towards Quincy Douby with that pick.
Laker4Ever

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:44 am

I think his success in the NBA will be based on where he ends up. I think that will be the difference in him being a bust to being a ROY candidate. If he winds up on the Hornets, Nets, or Suns watchout. Especially the Suns. Nash can make a penny look like a dollar, Sene and Amare...good Lord!

What I was most impressed with out of that video was his ability to steal the ball, that's one thing I haven't heard about him and he has a good instinct of where the ball is, better than a lot of big men prospects.
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:19 am

^^^
Exactly. I think it really depends on location and how his team uses him. In the right team and in a well-constructed defensive scheme, he can play the role of weakside defensive anchor or even play straight-up D well. His enormous wingspan, athleticism and size are definite pluses. His offense is still raw but he runs the floor well and if he joins a high-octane offensive team such as Suns, he can get some easy baskets.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Flatlyner on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:34 am

Couldn't you guys see this guy taking Bynums place? I think he could contribute greatly this year as far as defensively. He would be our defensive stopper in the middle and wouldn't allow those little guards to drive to the lane on us.

Any option of #2/#16 for Bynum and I would jump at it. Sene and Roy more the equal Bynum IMHO.
Flatlyner

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:42 am

Flatlyner wrote:Couldn't you guys see this guy taking Bynums place?

No. Bynum has better instincts on offense, a year of big man camp under his belt, a year of tutalidge from Cap, and a year of triangle experience. He will be a full time second stringer next season, Kwame's backup. Phil, Mitch, and everyone else in the Lakers organization is high on Bynum. Unless it's for a superstar, Bynum will not be moved.

Plus Bynum has 40 pounds on Sene.
JSM

Postby Savory Griddles on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:45 am

KB8@CL wrote:
MarkMadsen wrote:Sene looks alot more polished than Bynum from that video I seen. I like his mobility for his size. He looks like he could be a swat machine. I wouldnt mind at all if he we pick him up.

polished? now way. He is raw like green tomatoes.

I was forced to watch Fried Green Tomatoes. Damn, that movie sucked.
Savory Griddles

Postby Flatlyner on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:54 am

JSM wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:Couldn't you guys see this guy taking Bynums place?

No. Bynum has better instincts on offense, a year of big man camp under his belt, a year of tutalidge from Cap, and a year of triangle experience. He will be a full time second stringer next season, Kwame's backup. Phil, Mitch, and everyone else in the Lakers organization is high on Bynum. Unless it's for a superstar, Bynum will not be moved.

Plus Bynum has 40 pounds on Sene.

Well, to be honest, I have seen very very little of play from Bynum. It seemed the games I had the oppurtunity to watch, Phil didn't play him.

You also must consider that Sene has only been playing for like 4 years I believe. His coach mentioned how unbelievable his advancement has been in those 4 years. He is further along defensively, the clips would lead me to believe. With also throwing in the #2 on top of Sene, I'd do it and I am sure the Lakers would to. I do not, however, believe the Bulls would do this.

I truley would like to see Bynum become a dominant force, but, I'm not convinced he will be.
Flatlyner

Postby bobyahead on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:39 am

bynum has only been playing for about 4 years too. SS looks like he is out front right now. defense starts it all. Bynum can't jump very high and isn't that athletic. SS is everything i want Bynum to be. i would love to see a work out of his.
bobyahead

Postby Flatlyner on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:21 am

Imagine the terror other teams will feel when he is standing in the middle with those super long arms and a verticle. We haven't had a low post defensive presence is so long, I can't name our last.
Flatlyner

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:51 am

Flatlyner wrote:Imagine the terror other teams will feel when he is standing in the middle with those super long arms and a verticle. We haven't had a low post defensive presence is so long, I can't name our last.

Kwame is a low post defensive presence. Just can´t swat. :bang:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Flatlyner on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:44 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:Imagine the terror other teams will feel when he is standing in the middle with those super long arms and a verticle. We haven't had a low post defensive presence is so long, I can't name our last.

Kwame is a low post defensive presence. Just can´t swat. :bang:

I'm fairly certain that Kwame doesn't make many players nervous with his defensive prowness. I admit, he has quick feet on the post for a big man, he didn't exactly impress me with his defensive ability this season, taking into account his size. He should get many more blocks.
Flatlyner

Postby slimjim on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:12 pm

odom/kwame/bynum/ronnie/sene

now that's deep...

FREAKIN DO IT!!!!
slimjim

Return to NBA 2013 Draft