Cedric Simmons to Enter NBA Draft

Cedric Simmons to Enter NBA Draft

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:26 am

NBA Draft.net: Sources told NBADraft.net Tuesday that North Carolina State bigman Cedric Simmons will declare for the draft and sign with agent Bill Duffy. No word on when the announcement will be made, but it appears imminent.

Simmons is one of the most athletic bigmen in the country. His agility and quickness in transition make him a tremendous prospect.

Considered a virtual lock first rounder, Simmons is seen by scouts to have a good chance to be a lottery pick with positive workouts. He's still raw offensively, but is showing nice touch around the basket and improved offensive skills to go along with his tremendous athleticism, rebounding and defense.

Simmons averaged 11.8 points and 6.3 rebounds as a sophomore. His statistics were limited by minutes (27 per game) and NC State's conservative offensive style.

Cedric finished the year with 2.5 blocks per game and will be a presence on the defensive end on the next level with his great timing and 7'4" wingspan.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BadNewsBear on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:11 pm

No where near ready for the NBA, but this was the best year to go. And it's in the best interests of his family too because he's very poor.
BadNewsBear

Postby In The Key on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:13 pm

He's a pretty big body, but could stand to get a little stronger. Pretty raw though offensively.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:31 pm

Shows a lot of potential and great defensive instincts coupled with a decent NBA body, sort of like Nene Hilario. However, as In the Key said, he's raw offensively, although he did have some flashes against Shelden Williams (33 points).

He's a first-round lock if he enters this year, but if he hones his overall game next year, he could potentially be a lotto pick. Currently he might be around the #15 to #22 range.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby eNlight on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:33 pm

whoa lotto? :man10: i think he's like turiaf
eNlight

Postby In The Key on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:09 pm

eNlight wrote:whoa lotto? :man10: i think he's like turiaf

Nah he's a real athelete with a huge body. good enough.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby eNlight on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:23 pm

In The Key wrote:

aitte aitte, never saw him, just making jokes :man11: :mhihi:
eNlight

Postby jminges on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:06 pm

In The Key wrote:

He dominated Shelden Williams when they played Duke. I mean, owned him.

rydjorker121 wrote:Shows a lot of potential and great defensive instincts coupled with a decent NBA body, sort of like Nene Hilario. However, as In the Key said, he's raw offensively, although he did have some flashes against Shelden Williams (33 points).

He's a first-round lock if he enters this year, but if he hones his overall game next year, he could potentially be a lotto pick. Currently he might be around the #15 to #22 range.

This year's draft, he's lottery. Excellent assessment. I suspect him going 5-10...

Toronto - have drafted PF's the last 6 years.
Golden State - could use frontcourt depth.
Minnesota - with the KG tradewings.
Houston - definitely need a young PF.
Orlando - took a PF last year, didn't report.
Seattle - NBAdraft has them picking him.
Last edited by jminges on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby eNlight on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:09 pm

so did killingsworth, i believe it was like 37 points and 12 rebounds. but i get what you guys are saying. ACC is the best division and the best players come out from there
eNlight

Postby jminges on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:17 pm

eNlight wrote:so did killingsworth, i believe it was like 37 points and 12 rebounds.

Simmons literally made Sheldon Williams a non-factor. He lit him up, and shut him down.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby Klewfish on Mon May 29, 2006 6:07 pm

I would really like to see us draft this guy.

He is a shotblocker, good weakside defender. Something we could definitely use.

Soudns like this dude has an excellent work ethic, and also sounds like he will fulfill his potential because of his work ethic.

At 6' 11'' with a 7' 4'' wingspan, I would really like to see the Lakers pick him up.

He is very raw offensively, but once again, it seems like he will develop one with his work ethic.

I can only imagine that he would be ecstatic at the chance to work out with Kobe in the offseason, and would take full advantage of the opportunity.

Any guy with potential and a good work ethic is a guy I want on the team.

In three years him and Bynum could be a force of a duo down low.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Return to NBA 2014 Draft