Mo Charlo and his Laker audition

Mo Charlo and his Laker audition

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:36 pm

Times Standard: ”I thought my coach could have put me in more positions to score,” said Charlo, who never once came across as pretentious, but simply a kid who believed in his ability.

This belief manifested itself last week, in Los Angeles, where Charlo found himself working out in front of Phil Jackson. That's right, he was getting a shot with the Lakers. And apparently, things went pretty well, although Charlo admitted it took him a while to calm down.

”The first water break I told myself to just relax, 'you've been playing this game your entire life,'” said Charlo.

Think about that for a minute. It would be like teeing off with Tiger standing behind you, critiquing your every move. Unnerving to say the least.

His performance fostered some very positive feedback from Phil and his staff. Can you imagine Phil Jackson complimenting you as a basketball player, what that would feel like?

I can't either, but the smile on Mo's face as he talked about it told me everything I needed to know.

”It was intense, he's one of the greatest coaches of all time,” said a beaming Charlo, who added that his agent informed him the Lakers, among other teams, were enthused by what he can offer -- a big guard who can score and play defense.

In addition to the Lakers, Charlo has flaunted his talent for the Clippers, Nuggets and Kings, who have invited Charlo back for a second workout to take place this Monday. I've never been to an NBA tryout, but I'm assuming being invited back is a good thing.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:43 pm

I only saw them play once or twice, but he sounds like a good SPL addition, a possible sleeper to make the roster.
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:02 pm

He is a SF, not a big PG.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:43 am

He's actually a decent player who can take it to the rack, score in bunches, and has a good reputation for defense. For his natural position at small forward, he also has a decent build for that as well. I'm not overly enthused about his game (he isn't considered an NBA draft prospect to begin with) but he may be a sleeper. Nick Fazekas and Ramon Sessions seemed to overshadow him during his career at Nevada. He still lacks a great offensive game and ballhandling skills, but he can make a living as a good defensive player in the NBA with his kind of athleticism. But again, he's really someone we shouldn't draft, more like an SPL invite perhaps--just to see what he can do. He has been impressive but so have many other prospects.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA 2014 Draft