Clippers Listening To Offers For #1 Pick

Clippers Listening To Offers For #1 Pick

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon May 25, 2009 3:22 pm

NBA sources continue to indicate that the Los Angeles Clippers are entertaining offers for the #1 pick. Despite their initial comments made on draft night about having already decided to pick Blake Griffin, they are keeping all their options open for now. “From what I understand, they didn’t want to sound uncertain on draft night, since that’s a typical Clippers reaction. This is a very important time for them in terms of season ticket renewals, which is why they had that kneejerk reaction.”

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA ... y-24-3227/
Kobe8Fan

Re: Clippers Listening To Offers For #1 Pick

Postby SOAD on Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Ahhh so this is how they'll screw it up.
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby from714to402 on Mon May 25, 2009 5:00 pm

How 'bout this deal. We let you stay in LA, we get the #1 pick.
from714to402

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon May 25, 2009 5:01 pm

Are they serious?

Deal Baron for some depth, keep Camby and let him expire, and just HOPE you can deal Kaman and Z-Bo.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby strikemode14 on Mon May 25, 2009 5:09 pm

Dont blame them. I see bust written all over him.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby GinoDB on Mon May 25, 2009 5:17 pm

deal with he Grizzlies, maybe they can get both Gasol/Rubio somehow and also deal Baron later
GinoDB

Postby Sirron on Mon May 25, 2009 7:21 pm

I'd be looking to get Rubio somehow if I was them. That would possibly set them up for a decade if they put talent around him.

Isn't the consensus 1 pick a bit undersized?
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby lalfan on Mon May 25, 2009 9:02 pm

strikemode14 wrote:Dont blame them. I see bust written all over him.

same here, Griffin reminds me somewhat of Michael Beasley of the Heat. i don't think Griffin is over 6'10'', if so he's gonna have a hard time playing pf/c in this league.
lalfan

Postby Congo Cash on Mon May 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Vintage Clipper move...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby BDG on Mon May 25, 2009 9:49 pm

SOAD wrote:Ahhh so this is how they'll screw it up.
Hahaha first thing I thought :man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Slade366 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Andrew Bynum for #1 pick!
Slade366

Postby khmrP on Tue May 26, 2009 9:34 am

only trade they consider is if Mem offers Gay/#2 and is willing to take Kaman or Z-bo other then that just say no....Gay/#2/Gasol/Darko for Kaman/#1/fillers.
khmrP

Postby Klewfish on Tue May 26, 2009 11:38 am

Oklahoma City could make a tempting offer. #3/#25/Jeff Green/Earl Watson (exp K) for #1/Kaman. Clippers can try and get Rubio, and another late first round pick like Terrence Williams, Sam Young, or even BJ Mullens or Gani Lawai, plus Jeff Green. They'd be young and have depth. Ideally they would get Rubio and BJ Mullens IMO, with Gordon/Green/Thorton and expiring contracts of Watson and Camby...they could actually do something good. Then the Thunder have a huge core of Westbrook/Durant/Griffen/Kaman.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby laakers on Tue May 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Klewfish wrote:Oklahoma City could make a tempting offer. #3/#25/Jeff Green/Earl Watson (exp K) for #1/Kaman. Clippers can try and get Rubio, and another late first round pick like Terrence Williams, Sam Young, or even BJ Mullens or Gani Lawai, plus Jeff Green. They'd be young and have depth. Ideally they would get Rubio and BJ Mullens IMO, with Gordon/Green/Thorton and expiring contracts of Watson and Camby...they could actually do something good. Then the Thunder have a huge core of Westbrook/Durant/Griffen/Kaman.

Eh why would the Thunder do that? Jeff Green averaged like 18 points in his 2nd year, so if they just did #3/#25/watson for #1 I think that would be enough.
laakers

Postby Klewfish on Tue May 26, 2009 2:56 pm

laakers wrote:
Klewfish wrote:Oklahoma City could make a tempting offer. #3/#25/Jeff Green/Earl Watson (exp K) for #1/Kaman. Clippers can try and get Rubio, and another late first round pick like Terrence Williams, Sam Young, or even BJ Mullens or Gani Lawai, plus Jeff Green. They'd be young and have depth. Ideally they would get Rubio and BJ Mullens IMO, with Gordon/Green/Thorton and expiring contracts of Watson and Camby...they could actually do something good. Then the Thunder have a huge core of Westbrook/Durant/Griffen/Kaman.

Eh why would the Thunder do that? Jeff Green averaged like 18 points in his 2nd year, so if they just did #3/#25/watson for #1 I think that would be enough.

Either way they should try and get it, and if they got it without Jeff Green, I still think he'd be traded. They could go SG/SF/PF of Durant/Green/Blake but Durant was far more effective as a defender/rebounder at the SF position. If that happened I couldn't see Green coming off the bench and I don't see them going small with SF/PF/C of Durant/Green/Blake. That's why they trade him and get Kaman in return, a legit center that they've been looking for forever. Westbrook/Durant/Blake/Kaman would be a nasty core.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish

Postby eNlight on Wed May 27, 2009 11:05 pm

wow they really are going to mess this up. i can't believe this!
eNlight

Postby bokeron on Thu May 28, 2009 11:07 am

Fisher, Walton, Sasha, Morrison, Yue, for Clippers' pick :man12:
bokeron

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Postby laakers on Thu May 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Klewfish wrote:
laakers wrote:

Either way they should try and get it, and if they got it without Jeff Green, I still think he'd be traded. They could go SG/SF/PF of Durant/Green/Blake but Durant was far more effective as a defender/rebounder at the SF position. If that happened I couldn't see Green coming off the bench and I don't see them going small with SF/PF/C of Durant/Green/Blake. That's why they trade him and get Kaman in return, a legit center that they've been looking for forever. Westbrook/Durant/Blake/Kaman would be a nasty core.

good point
laakers

Postby eNlight on Thu May 28, 2009 5:00 pm

man donald sterling is the worst owner in professional sports period. all of you should read that article posted by jsm. i think donald wants to save about 3 million so he can go with the 8th pick or so
eNlight

Postby Crispy on Thu May 28, 2009 11:15 pm

If I'm the Thunder, I don't give up too much for Griffin. I take Thabeet if he's there, and if not, trade down and get Harden or something. They shouldn't get Rubio, especially if he doesn't want to play there. Jeff Green is a good prospect and is fine at the 4. And Clippers, please just take Griffin. If they stay healthy they can fight for a playoff spot. Davis, Gordon, Thornton, Griffin, Kaman, Camby, Randolph is pretty talented.
Crispy

Postby Center Court on Fri May 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Clippers are redic. Are they seriously going to traded away a future 20/10 franchise type player.

There are very few realistic trades that they should even consider.

If I were them, I'd draft Griffin, be stoked. Trade Kaman and Z BO, get some expirings, young talent, picks, and depth.

Have a core for next season of Camby/BG/Thorton/Gordon/Diddy
Center Court

Postby Klewfish on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Trading Kaman and ZBO is easier said than done. Although I think Kaman would be easy to move, ZBO will probably be harder.
Klewfish

Postby Crispy on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:50 pm

I don't even see why Kaman's considered overpaid. He's in his prime and is a double-double machine. If the Thunder can trade Green+3rd for Kaman+1st, they should do it. Green's pretty close to peaking anyways.
Crispy

Postby khmrP on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:07 am

^^^I would only do that trade if Rubio is there at 3, also contingent on getting rid of Baron or Zbo as well.....
khmrP

Postby DivineIcez on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Blake griffin aint gonna lead the clippers to a finals. Hes just a brand new rookie
DivineIcez

Next

Return to NBA 2014 Draft