DEE BROWN and ALLLANNN RAY

DEE BROWN and ALLLANNN RAY

Postby kobezaballa on Thu May 25, 2006 10:37 pm

DEE brown and all Ray is all we need i think!!!!!

those would be solid pick ups for us in the draft!!!! especially w. our crappy picks!!!!
kobezaballa

Postby JSM on Thu May 25, 2006 10:38 pm

Dee Brown? No thanks.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby kobezaballa on Thu May 25, 2006 10:42 pm

wtf why not

fast good defensive pg who gots mass assists!!!
kobezaballa

Postby JSM on Thu May 25, 2006 10:49 pm

kobezaballa wrote:wtf why not

fast good defensive pg who gots mass assists!!!

Too small. Phil likes bigger guards.

Dee is only 6 foot (with shoes) and only has a 6-2 wingspan.

He lacks experience at the point.

Much better full court than half court player.

Sucks at creating his own shot and finishing at the hoop.

Has a piss port shot selection.

Not strong enough.

I think that about covers it.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakerfanimal on Fri May 26, 2006 6:23 am

i think allan ray would be cool, a spot up shooter is never a bad thing. n he would just be a bench player neways. but we can get him second round.
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri May 26, 2006 6:09 pm

Yeah, I'm not that high on Dee Brown as well. The only intriguing thing about him would be his speed, although his jumpshot, defense and passing ability may probably be a little above average, but not extraordinary, in the NBA level. He simply does not have much potential, mostly because of his small frame at only 6-0 and lack of great physical tools (small wingspan) This draft is weak on strong point guards, but there are a lot of point guards now in this draft from Daniel Gibson to Will Blalock to Jose Juan Barea to Jordan Farmar to Randy Foye to many others. All those players would probably rank above Dee Brown, and that ultimately bumps his stock to around the #45 to #52 range at best for him. He can be a serviceable player in this league though.

As for Allan Ray, I'm not really high on him at all. He is extremely one-dimensional, perhaps even moreso than his NBA comparison of Luther Head. And not to mention he's not a super shooter, he can shoot but he's really more of a scorer. He's an undersized shooting guard who scores well only, but has zero point guard skills (although he wasn't really to blame--Villanova simply had more talented PGs around him) and that really hurts his NBA stock. The NBA has its share of undersized 2-guards such as Eddie House but a lot of them either have extreme athleticism or a solid skill set to complement their shooting ability. Allan Ray has none and it's really hard to see how his game would translate to the NBA level. He did not have a good exit to his college career, shooting horribly in the tourney and that really exposed and made a huge dent on his draft stock. Throughout his career he showed he can score, but little else. To add, he wasn't even considered a draft prospect before this season began; essentially he boosted his draft stock because Villanova was a winning team this season and got a lot of national hype, although Ray was certainly a part of that. But now, there are many doubts about Ray's game, and in my latest mock draft I've even put him on the "undrafted" level. I may be a bit too harsh, but I think he'll be around the #48-#58 level at best. I don't see much hope for him--I even like Dee Brown's game more.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Jumaine on Sun May 28, 2006 9:57 am

Dee Brown sucks. Seriously...he's terrible.
He got exposed without Deron.
Jumaine

Postby DGeorge on Mon May 29, 2006 3:20 pm

Allan Ray, I still have the video of his eye being poked out
DGeorge

Return to NBA 2014 Draft