DeMar DeRozan: I've Only Reached Half Of My Potential

DeMar DeRozan: I've Only Reached Half Of My Potential

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:50 pm

Demar DeRozan isn't concerned about where he might go in Thursday night's NBA Draft.

"It's important to me to get drafted, period," DeRozan said during Wednesday's Media Day. "You know, I'm really not worried about knowing where I'm going. Whatever situation I get put in, that's the situation I want to deal with and go from there."

DeRozan, a versatile forward out of USC, played just one season of college basketball but was the Pac-10 Tournament MVP.

When asked about his greatest strength, the Compton, Calif. native was quick with his answer.

"My athleticism," DeRozan said. "I can use that on both the offensive and defensive end."

He is expected to go in the top ten, but raised some eyebrows around the league by skipping out on a number of group workouts.

"I think doing individual workouts gives the GMs a chance to see everything that you worked on," he told the media. "You know, especially with what they think your weaknesses are. It's giving them a chance to see what you've improved on."

He averaged 13.9 points and 5.7 rebounds for USC this past season, but doesn't think that was a solid representation of his talent.

"College wasn't the best, not even half, of what I know I can do," he said on Wednesday.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... otential/#
Kobe8Fan

Return to NBA 2014 Draft