Derrick Williams To Work Out For Cavaliers

Derrick Williams To Work Out For Cavaliers

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 am

Derrick Williams traveled to Cleveland today and will work out for the Cavaliers on Tuesday.

His mother, Rhoma Moore, confirmed this morning that Williams will work out for the Cavaliers on Tuesday but said it is uncertain if he would do so for anyone else at this point.

There has been speculation that the Cavaliers might try to acquire the No. 2 pick in addition to the No. 1 that they already hold, giving them the chance to take Kyrie Irving and Williams.

While Williams remains the No. 2 pick on many mock draft boards, NBAdraft.net moved Williams from No. 1 to No. 2 -- and put Enes Kanter in the No. 1 spot.

SI's Luke Winn wrote last week that Williams is the most complete player in the draft.

http://azstarnet.com/sports/blogs/pasco ... 002e0.html
Kobe8Fan

Re: Derrick Williams To Work Out For Cavaliers

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 am

If Cleveland can get him and Irving...great. If not, they need to go Kyrie Irving at #1. If they pass on Irving for Williams, that will be one of the dumbest moves of the draft. I think they are bringing him in, with the idea they may select him with #2. I say let it go...Irving and Kanter is much better, and you don't give up anything.
LAKEROC

Postby Phil XI on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:11 am

Prediction:

Cavs draft Williams #1.

Lakers make the trade and take Irving #2.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby dj vitus on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm completely sold on Derrick Williams, at least on the offensive end. When he's beasting, he resembles a smaller Dwight Howard but with almost Blake Griffin-like dunks. He doesn't give up on the offensive glass, either, and seems very smart around the painted area. He's also quick to get out in transition for those nasty dunks. :man13:

I haven't seen much of Kyrie Irving to make a fair assessment, but from what I hear, if the Cavs can get him and Williams, they would make out like bandits in the draft.

As for Kanter, I'm not really sold on him. He seems like a stiff Bogut but with some range, unless someone can prove me otherwise...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Return to NBA 2014 Draft