Does James White Remind you of Scottie Pippen?

Does James White Remind you of Scottie Pippen?

Postby pureuncut100 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:39 pm

This guy reminds me of a more refined Scottie Pippen coming out of college. Please feel free to tell me where I am wrong in this comparison:

6'7", long, even more athletic than Pippen, a better jump shot coming out of college than Pippen, can handle the ball very similar to Pippen.

If you talk James WHite, you have to talk about his world class speed and jumping ability. An athlete like this is capable of being a lock down defender(also reminds me of Michael Cooper). I have witnessed his jumper improve and he has impressed teams at workouts with it. If he is available at 26 (most mocks have him going in the 2nd round) then the Lakers have to take him.

There are a handful of players I would take before James White at 26 and most are the obvious lottery picks that happen to slip sometimes (maybe Shawne Williams). As I see it, if you could get a potential Scottie Pippen/Michael Cooper/Latrell Sprewell (this guy reminds me of a combo of all 3) you have to take that at 26. When you pick that late in the draft the rule of thumb is to take the best athlete/player available, reguardless of need. Based on that rule and picking at 26, James WHite has to be up there.

Lastly, the guy is 23 years old. If we want someone to come in and play (assuming Devean George is gone) this guy might be it, especially if you consider Phil Jackson and his attitude toward young bucks.
pureuncut100

Postby Rabbit on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:50 pm

James White is slotted at 54. He's considered soft, underachieving, and passive. This will be very depressing if this is who we end up with, after all the Roy talk.
Look at Ronnie Brewer if you want Pippen. He went to the same school for christ's sake.
Seriously, I'll be pissed if we take him. Very, very pissed. :mad1:
KB8@CL wrote:In Buss I trust.

Rabbit

Postby pureuncut100 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:55 pm

[quote="Rabbit"]James White is slotted at 54. He's considered soft, underachieving, and passive. This will be very depressing if this is who we end up with, after all the Roy talk.
Look at Ronnie Brewer if you want Pippen. He went to the same school for christ's sake.
Seriously, I'll be pissed if we take him. Very, very pissed. :mad1:[/quote]

Scottie Pippen went to CENTRAL Arkansas, not Arkansas. Secondly, how are the Lakers going to move up to get Roy. What are the Lakers willing to give up to get a top 5 pick. Its not happening. Mihm is the only expendable piece that could be the cornerstone of a trade and he isnt worth a top 5 pick.

Ronnie Brewer might fall but not to 26. So many people are talking about moving up to the top 5. How?
pureuncut100

Postby Rabbit on Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:02 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:
Rabbit wrote:James White is slotted at 54. He's considered soft, underachieving, and passive. This will be very depressing if this is who we end up with, after all the Roy talk.

Scottie Pippen went to CENTRAL Arkansas, not Arkansas. Secondly, how are the Lakers going to move up to get Roy. What are the Lakers willing to give up to get a top 5 pick. Its not happening. Mihm is the only expendable piece that could be the cornerstone of a trade and he isnt worth a top 5 pick.

Ronnie Brewer might fall but not to 26. So many people are talking about moving up to the top 5. How?
There is tons of talk of us moving up to get Roy, look around. Roy said Phil Jackson told him they might trade up to get him in their workout, and funny, that was Roy's last good workout. So he went to central arkansas, that really wasn't the jist of my comparison anyway, look at his profile.
Why take a guy slated at FIFTY-FOUR twice as early? That would be stupid.
KB8@CL wrote:In Buss I trust.

Rabbit

Postby lakerfanimal on Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:06 pm

:man3:
scottie pippen n james white. uh i dont see it.
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby High IQ on Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:41 pm

Rudy Gay?
High IQ

Postby TrixR4Kids on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:06 pm

i don't want james white as a first round pick. if he's there at 51 i would jump on him though
TrixR4Kids

Postby slimjim on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:16 pm

High IQ wrote:Rudy Gay?

they say he can become a more atheletic scottie pippen... :man4:
slimjim

Postby Bean on Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:12 am

Rabbit wrote:James White is slotted at 54. He's considered soft, underachieving, and passive. This will be very depressing if this is who we end up with, after all the Roy talk.

Since when was Scottie Pippen considered a tough gritty player, who overachieved and was assertive coming into the NBA. Scottie Pippen was softer than James White and was still a soft player throughout his career.

James White would give us perimeter defense, bench scoring, ball handling, and a guy who can get out and run on the break and finish at the basket.

We need to trade up in the 2nd round to get him though, he won't last until 51 or 54.
Bean

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:18 am

sorry, dont see any comparisons at all.
MarkMadsen

Postby slimjim on Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 am

i see a poor man's shawn marion....
slimjim

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:39 pm

:man10:
KB24
Site Admin

Postby eNlight on Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:33 pm

james is poor man's josh smith. and thats a really bad comparison already.
eNlight

Postby pureuncut100 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:34 am

What do many of you expect to get with the 26th pick in the draft? At 26 the Lakers will take the best player/athlete available and that will be James White. Furthermore, he is a Phil Jackson type of player.

Real question:
What do you expect to get at the 26th pick?
pureuncut100

Postby Flatlyner on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:34 am

I personally am hoping we get a quality PG that can come in and start for Smush. With our #26 I hope that we can get someone along the lines of G.Diaz, M. Collins, or Rondo (reach now that he's moving up the charts).

Now, I know very little about J. White, but, if he is anything like your description of him, I'd be quite pleased to get him in the second. We could easily move up in the second if we wanted this guy badly.
Flatlyner

Postby pureuncut100 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:50 am

[quote="Flatlyner"]I personally am hoping we get a quality PG that can come in and start for Smush. With our #26 I hope that we can get someone along the lines of G.Diaz, M. Collins, or Rondo (reach now that he's moving up the charts).

Now, I know very little about J. White, but, if he is anything like your description of him, I'd be quite pleased to get him in the second. We could easily move up in the second if we wanted this guy badly.[/quote]

I have understated how athletic this guy is. Seriously, words cant describe how athletic he is. Also have to add that I am not saying that he is Scottie Pippen, I am saying that he has so many of the same characteristics as Pippen did and is a better athlete.

You know man, so much simply depends. I personally think that the Lakers have plans to acquire Marcus Banks. If they do that then they wont draft a rookie (remember PJ is the coach) PG. Phil Jackson wants a player who could contribute right now and we know he doesnt play rookies. He has 2 years left on his 3 year deal. James White worked out for the Lakers and has blown every team away that he has worked out for. He is 23 years old. I wouldnt be surprised if the Lakers took him in the first round because he wont be around for the second.
pureuncut100

Postby ZenMaster4President on Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:01 pm

Bean wrote:

Since when was Scottie Pippen considered a tough gritty player, who overachieved and was assertive coming into the NBA. Scottie Pippen was softer than James White and was still a soft player throughout his career.

James White would give us perimeter defense, bench scoring, ball handling, and a guy who can get out and run on the break and finish at the basket.

We need to trade up in the 2nd round to get him though, he won't last until 51 or 54.

:man3:
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:46 pm

from what ive seen all he can do is dunk
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby High IQ on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:20 pm

^ he can also dance. remember that ncaa dunk contest? the man can dance! :jam2: :man10:
High IQ

Return to NBA 2014 Draft