Draft Express: Brandon Roy Pulls Out of Charlotte Workout

Postby GCMD on Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:12 pm

Rabbit wrote:
GameCockMD wrote:
KAMILLION wrote:...So, if you believe the trade rumors with Portland, if we moved up to the #4 today it could be all for not.

Correct word in that situation is "naught"...not "not"...
:mhihi: Come on spelling bee!

If you want to sound smart, use the right word...
GCMD

Postby Rabbit on Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:43 pm

GameCockMD wrote:
Rabbit wrote:
GameCockMD wrote:
KAMILLION wrote:...So, if you believe the trade rumors with Portland, if we moved up to the #4 today it could be all for not.

Correct word in that situation is "naught"...not "not"...
:mhihi: Come on spelling bee!

If you want to sound smart, use the right word...
I don't know how smart you have to be, look how long that went unnoticed
KB8@CL wrote:In Buss I trust.

Rabbit

Postby Flatlyner on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:51 am

Good job at going off topic guys....

Game, you wasted/trolled 4 posts to say not should be naught. Lets all give you a nice golf clap, shall we? In the future, we will all do a check of our great works so as not to ruin the topic with your corrections.

Please forgive me?
Flatlyner

Postby KAMILLION on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:00 am

Are you serious? Is this a lakers board or an english class? Man start worrying about the content of the message. If you don't like what posters say, cool. But going through the damn post with spell check, come on. Pretty petty dude if you ask me.
KAMILLION

Postby GCMD on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:23 am

First thing...I was not trying to go off topic...it's just my pet peev to see people using the "British" or Old English sayings but using updated words...learning those sayings is easiest if you actually READ British Lit, not repeat what you have heard on MOVIES based on Shakespearian works...

Second, it wasn't that serious...I was merely pointing out the mistake, not providing a full critique of the poster or his intelligence...and I do this to everybody; the price of growing up with a mother suffering OCD and who loved literature...

If you are offended by my correction, I'm sorry...it was NOT my intent...

But to try to attack me b/c of shows your level of maturity...it's not that serious...

Now back to the post on Roy...

Not gonna happen unless they give up LO...period.

Roy will go top 5 and CHI will get better offers for the #2. They are trying to keep their salary low and LO's contract is likely too rich for them...also, they have young players who are nearly as productive as LO for a fraction of the cost...

Happy now?
GCMD

Postby KAMILLION on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:42 am

I apologize, I wasn't an english major in college. I went another route. Maybe if I'm lucky enough I can take a course in Olde English sayings from you. However, I would prefer to take that another time and not while I'm on CL.

I also apologize for bringing up scars from your past. In no way was I trying to recreate the pain and suffering you must have endured living with your mother.

The Lakers would have to give up too much for the number 2.

I can't see it happening. If the rumours with Portland are true, I'm sure it's just for Miles and a PG not the pick.
KAMILLION

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:57 pm

Too bad the Lakers made the playoffs. If they tanked the season and got a lotto pick they could have drafted Roy!! Rookie Of the Year!
zetaw00d

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft