06 DRAFT

06 DRAFT

Postby Lord Johnny on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:04 pm

he;s nothing like odom lol, he doesn't have odom skills, boom is just a solid rebounder, he scores a few points and i think his d is decent.
User avatar
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico
 
Posts: 13028
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:06 am

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:15 pm

Heres my breakdown, Ive put them into a couple different catagories.

MUST HAVES - 99% chance wont be available in the late 20s when LAL drafts, but you never know with workouts and guys falling on draft day, whatever. Here they are-

Rajon Rondo - Very long and athletic PG who would be a solid triangle guard. Very good at penetration and involving others, can score when he wants and is extremely quick on both ends of the floor. With Profit coming back or Rush signing in the offseason, Rajon would give us a very deep and effective guard rotation, allowing Smush and Sasha to come off the bench.

Marcus Williams - My favorite player in the draft, a local product who the fans would love. Reminds me of Jason Kidd with his passing and playmaking ability. Smooth jumper and refined offensive skills, he could be a real threat in the backcourt with Kobe and facilitate an offense very well. Likes to run the floor, and very good in crunch time.

Mardy Collins - Best defensive PG in the draft IMO, could provide an immediate upgrade in that area. Durable, strong and plays hard on both ends of the floor. Doubtful he will be around, but another guy Id love to have.

Randy Foye - Another explosive PG who will probably go lottery. Can create his own shot extremely well, get to the paint easily and shake guys out of their shoes. Very up tempo, with a sweet jumper and a pretty good 3 pt ball. Id LOVE to have this guy, but he will also most likely be gone.

Al Horford - PG and PF are our biggest weaknesses right now, Horford is probably the only PF Id put in this catagory. Sure Aldridge and Tyrus Thomas would be nice, but Horford is a more realistic mid 1st rounder whereas those guys are top 5 material. Horford is very athletic, with a nice touch and good passing ability. Could be a very versatile combo with Lamar Odom.

REALISTIC TARGETS - Guys that will probably be around when we pick, may go higher or lower depending on workouts. All PGs and PFs, unless the Lakers decide to take the best available player, a HS project like Bynum or something else weird.

Craig Smith - A beast in college, impossible to push out of the block and can create very well in the low post. Very active around the rim and really strong. Another local product.

Daniel Gibson - May go earlier, but this kid would be my pick if hes on the board. Still needs some work, but he has a very nice offensive arsenal and loves to push tempo and get others involved. Good outside shot as well. His main problem is that he will be a sophmore with not a whole lot of game experience, but I think hes a very good project with potential to be an elite PG in a few years.

Josh Boone - Another style of play the Lakers could desperately use right now. Hes als overy active around the rim, gets a lot of garbage buckets but has suprising athletecism. Some decent low post moves, a nice inside jumper and a good leap. Combined with Turiaf, these guys would handle most of the "dirty work" and enforce the paint, a very aggressive and defensive minded PF combo.

RANDOM PLAYERS
- Not sure where these guys will go, and they dont all fill needs but should be looked at.

James White - Freakish athlete, the best jumper in the draft and potential to be a very explosive 3.

Nick Fazekas - Nice shooting ability, versatlie game for a big. Great wingspan and smart defender who moves his feet well. Fundamentally shound with good decision making, he could be a starter very soon.

Hilton Armstrong - Another NBA ready Uconn prospect, very long and extremely athletic. Electrifying shot-blocking ability, a good rebounder but needs to improve his low post defense as Jai Lewis showed us all.

Ryan Hollins - Not sure if hes a PF in the NBA or a backup C, but hes all of 7 + feet and suprisingly agile. Lots of upside, could be a nice 2nd round pick.

PJ Tucker - With Devean George most likely gone, Tucker could be a definite upgrade at that spot. Very aggressive and plays with a lot of heart, Id love to have this guy.

Paul Millsap - Tough low post player with a very broad offensive game.

Marco Killingsworth - A tank, could give us some immediate crediblity down low. Very wide and strong with a nice ofensive arsenal, needs to work on foul trouble though.

Quincy Douby - Lights out 3 point shooter, could be a very effective bench player with the looks he would get courtesy of Kobe.

SECOND ROUNDERS
- We should have a mid-late 2nd round pick, hopefully we can avoid another Von Weezy. I like these guys if they are available:

Taquan Dean
JP Batista
Steve Novak
Hassan Adams
Taj Gray
Denham Brown
Marcus Slaughter
Image
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
User avatar
Da Veinticuatro

 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Los Skandalouz

Re: 06 DRAFT

Postby In The Key on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:15 pm

Lord Johnny wrote:he;s nothing like odom lol, he doesn't have odom skills, boom is just a solid rebounder, he scores a few points and i think his d is decent.


Udonis Haslem without a jumpshot. Brian Grant reborn. Francisco Elson part 2...

Whatever.
Image

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
User avatar
In The Key

 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:05 pm

Re: 06 DRAFT

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:18 pm

In The Key wrote:
Lord Johnny wrote:he;s nothing like odom lol, he doesn't have odom skills, boom is just a solid rebounder, he scores a few points and i think his d is decent.


Udonis Haslem without a jumpshot. Brian Grant reborn. Francisco Elson part 2...

Whatever.


That's still not to bad even a Haslem without a jumpshot does give us more D then B.cook has ever given us.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Re: 06 DRAFT

Postby In The Key on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:21 pm

strikemode14 wrote:
In The Key wrote:
Lord Johnny wrote:he;s nothing like odom lol, he doesn't have odom skills, boom is just a solid rebounder, he scores a few points and i think his d is decent.


Udonis Haslem without a jumpshot. Brian Grant reborn. Francisco Elson part 2...

Whatever.


That's still not to bad even a Haslem without a jumpshot does give us more D then B.cook has ever given us.


True but I want to avoid the possibilty of Smush playing as much time as he did this year with a good point guard in the draft.
Image

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
User avatar
In The Key

 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:05 pm

Re: 06 DRAFT

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:24 pm

In The Key wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:
In The Key wrote:
Lord Johnny wrote:he;s nothing like odom lol, he doesn't have odom skills, boom is just a solid rebounder, he scores a few points and i think his d is decent.


Udonis Haslem without a jumpshot. Brian Grant reborn. Francisco Elson part 2...

Whatever.


That's still not to bad even a Haslem without a jumpshot does give us more D then B.cook has ever given us.


True but I want to avoid the possibilty of Smush playing as much time as he did this year with a good point guard in the draft.


That's true but, to be honest I was hoping we use our MLE on a starting PG. The probelm with Phil is if we get a PG in the draft it will be awhile before he gets good bit of PT time and a very long time before he would start. It took multiple injuries for Phil to put in Walton in 04 who Phil loves.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Postby halekulani on Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:07 pm

if the lakers draft anyone but a pg they're idiots.

we don't need any more people in the front court if they are not veterans. we have a young core of people in the front court with bynum and turiaf. what we need is a veteran. keep kwame and trade mihm and someone else for a better PF or something.
User avatar
halekulani

 
Posts: 8787
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm

Postby eNlight on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:38 am

WOW if we get daniel gibson, that'd be amazing. 20 min per each pg smush and him. but guys i think noah is still overrated, he can't play like that in the nba with all big bodies. grab easy rebounds and put back in.
User avatar
eNlight

 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: oC

Postby rocks on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:42 am

Go get a SF Mitch!

DO IT MITCH!!!! :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :fatshaq: :fatshaq:
rocks

 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:24 pm

Postby jminges on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:59 am

Caron1 wrote:MUST HAVES - 99% chance wont be available in the late 20s when LAL drafts, but you never know with workouts and guys falling on draft day, whatever. Here they are-

Rajon Rondo - Very long and athletic PG who would be a solid triangle guard. Very good at penetration and involving others, can score when he wants and is extremely quick on both ends of the floor. With Profit coming back or Rush signing in the offseason, Rajon would give us a very deep and effective guard rotation, allowing Smush and Sasha to come off the bench.

Marcus Williams - My favorite player in the draft, a local product who the fans would love. Reminds me of Jason Kidd with his passing and playmaking ability. Smooth jumper and refined offensive skills, he could be a real threat in the backcourt with Kobe and facilitate an offense very well. Likes to run the floor, and very good in crunch time.

Mardy Collins - Best defensive PG in the draft IMO, could provide an immediate upgrade in that area. Durable, strong and plays hard on both ends of the floor. Doubtful he will be around, but another guy Id love to have.

Randy Foye - Another explosive PG who will probably go lottery. Can create his own shot extremely well, get to the paint easily and shake guys out of their shoes. Very up tempo, with a sweet jumper and a pretty good 3 pt ball. Id LOVE to have this guy, but he will also most likely be gone.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
User avatar
jminges

 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:03 pm

Postby lakerfool on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:10 am

Image :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

I like Foye out of this years draft. Reminds me of Billups w/out the passing (yet)
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
User avatar
lakerfool

 
Posts: 14688
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Somewhere in China jocking Yao

Postby eNlight on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:37 pm

lakerfool wrote:Image :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

I like Foye out of this years draft. Reminds me of Billups w/out the passing (yet)



:man10: :man10: Nasty.
User avatar
eNlight

 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: oC

Postby LAKERS#1 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:32 pm

Noah should enter because florida isn't gonna repeat next year & his stock will go way down if he stays, i say declare for the draft & bulid up during the summer, if he enters this year he'll be a top 3 pick
LAKERS#1

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:33 pm

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:47 pm

halekulani wrote:if the lakers draft anyone but a pg they're idiots.

we don't need any more people in the front court if they are not veterans. we have a young core of people in the front court with bynum and turiaf. what we need is a veteran. keep kwame and trade mihm and someone else for a better PF or something.


Okay do you honestly believe a rookie PG would see any PT time in our lineup. Not to mention a rookie PG that we would select in the late 20s. It be probaly be a season or two before we see the kid in anything other then garbage time.

We should use our MLE to get a PG and get a PF that can play some D or get a SF that can replace DG.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Postby bb7793 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:27 pm

I think a lot depnds on the moves the lakers try to make. If they try to9 trade Mihm, perhaps to Chi for Ben Gordon or some move like that then that makes our choices a bit different. Also if we try to get KG, who do we give up with him, that changes how we have to draft. I think we have a glutton of gyus at teh 4/5. You have Mihm, Kwame, Cook, Turiaf and Bynum. Thats 5 of our 15 slots. Do we need to get another if we dont trade any bigs?
User avatar
bb7793

 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:10 pm
Location: Ya momma's house

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:33 pm

bb7793 wrote:I think a lot depnds on the moves the lakers try to make. If they try to9 trade Mihm, perhaps to Chi for Ben Gordon or some move like that then that makes our choices a bit different. Also if we try to get KG, who do we give up with him, that changes how we have to draft. I think we have a glutton of gyus at teh 4/5. You have Mihm, Kwame, Cook, Turiaf and Bynum. Thats 5 of our 15 slots. Do we need to get another if we dont trade any bigs?


Well I have a feeling that Mihm after next year won't be back. I think some team will overpay for him. Cook also needs a very limited role as 10 mpg at MAX maybe less or for that matter to be looking for a new place to play far away from LA.

That only leaves 3 bigs that have real future with LA. Kwame will continue to get around 30+ at center. Turiaf is a good player but, right now I can only see him as a 20-25 MPG guy for a few seasons. As for Bynum he still is awhile away for playing big minutes. It wouldn't be bad to add another college type big man to the roster.


Plus when you pick so low in the draft there really is no point going after a big need. There probaly won't be a PG that will be able to start for us and for that matter Phil would even allow to play that much in the first season. Translation Smush would probaly still be the starter and Sasha first guard off the bench. We need to use our MLE on a starting PG. Smush isn't a great starter but, would be an excellent first guard off the bench. Sasha at times can come in, give us some energy off the bench and pray that his shot is on.

I say we let DG go on his way and get a SF or PF that way we don't have to see guys like Walton or Cook getting 20+ or minutes or in the starting lineup. :bang:
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:14 am

on the topic of Noah, I actually think Horford will end up being better than him. What do yall think?
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby jminges on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:20 am

jsm0331 wrote:on the topic of Noah, I actually think Horford will end up being better than him. What do yall think?


If Horford is in the East... I think so. If Noah is a small forward... I think he's got AK47 potential.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
User avatar
jminges

 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:03 pm

Postby halekulani on Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:15 pm

strikemode14 wrote:Okay do you honestly believe a rookie PG would see any PT time in our lineup.


do you honestly think smush and sascha are that good?
User avatar
halekulani

 
Posts: 8787
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm

Postby strikemode14 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:19 pm

halekulani wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:Okay do you honestly believe a rookie PG would see any PT time in our lineup.


do you honestly think smush and sascha are that good?


Smush and Sasha both have expeirence in the league and in Phil's precious triangle. No way Phil let's a rookie PG come in and start. For that matter it's not like we would be getting a Chris Paul or Raymond Felton we be getting a guy in the late 20's probaly 24-26 range. Really doubt a guy who falls that far would be starting for us this season.

If you want a starting PG you go use the MLE to get him not use a low-draft pick.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:27 pm

If Phil drafted a PG out of this draft, I think he'd probably go with Marcus Williams. He seems like a Phil friendly type of player. He reminds me of a less chubby, left handed Deron Williams.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby jminges on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:29 pm

jsm0331 wrote:If Phil drafted a PG out of this draft, I think he'd probably go with Marcus Williams. He seems like a Phil friendly type of player. He reminds me of a less chubby, left handed Deron Williams.


If it's the guy from Arizona :jam2: :jam2: . If it's the guy from UCONN :jam2: .

Hint on offseason moves: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=21475
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
User avatar
jminges

 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:03 pm

Postby halekulani on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:12 pm

strikemode14 wrote:
halekulani wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:Okay do you honestly believe a rookie PG would see any PT time in our lineup.


do you honestly think smush and sascha are that good?


Smush and Sasha both have expeirence in the league and in Phil's precious triangle.


the triangle doesn't depend on the point gaurd, hence the point-forward. i don't really get where you're trying to go with this.
User avatar
halekulani

 
Posts: 8787
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm

Postby strikemode14 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:42 pm

halekulani wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:
halekulani wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:Okay do you honestly believe a rookie PG would see any PT time in our lineup.


do you honestly think smush and sascha are that good?


Smush and Sasha both have expeirence in the league and in Phil's precious triangle.


the triangle doesn't depend on the point gaurd, hence the point-forward. i don't really get where you're trying to go with this.


Phil doesn't like to play rookies. If you want someone other then Smush starting it's best to do is sign someone with the MLE. Also this is one of the weaker draft pools. Honestly how good could someone be in a weak draft class who falls to like the lows 20s.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Postby lakerfool on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:25 pm

Realistic players to draft

Gibson- if he slips, good prospect, good size, nice shooting touch.
Boone- long arms, pretty mobile for a big man
Novak (credit to Radronomega)- 6-10 pejaesque shooter. Can be perfect off hte bench.
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
User avatar
lakerfool

 
Posts: 14688
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Somewhere in China jocking Yao

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2014 Draft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.