06 DRAFT

Postby eNlight on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:25 pm

phil likes big rookies though
eNlight

Postby halekulani on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:12 pm

strikemode14 wrote: Also this is one of the weaker draft pools. Honestly how good could someone be in a weak draft class who falls to like the lows 20s.

jameer nelson - 20
trevor ariza - 43
tayshaun - 23
okur - 38
redd - 43
claxton - 20

draft pools always have their gems.
halekulani

06 DRAFT

Postby Lord Johnny on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:57 pm

redd was 43?!?
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby eNlight on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:07 pm

boozer and mobley are pretty much down there too
eNlight

Postby lakerfool on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:47 pm

AK47, GINO, TP were also in the late 30's
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby akvohra on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:53 pm

lakerfool wrote:AK47, GINO, TP were also in the late 30's

wasnt ginobili 57th?
akvohra

Postby eNlight on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:06 pm

would anyoen of you choose noah if he was still available at 25?
eNlight

Postby halekulani on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:50 pm

that's like asking if i want free money.
halekulani

Postby eNlight on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:55 pm

halekulani wrote:that's like asking if i want free money.

i think he'll do horrible in the nba
eNlight

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:21 am

eNlight wrote:would anyoen of you choose noah if he was still available at 25?

I'm pretty sure I heard that he and Horford are staying another year at Florida. IF he did enter and had the worst workouts of anyone in the entire draft, he'd still be a lotto pick. There are better odds of us being able to redraft a player that's currently on our roster than being able to get Noah at 25.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby bhatta on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:07 am

Lakers should trade that Miami pick (packaged with players to get .. something that can contribute now) and use their second rounder on athletic PGs that can play great defense - Taquan Dean or Will Blalock.

Diaz is a more athletic version of Von Wafer, but I don't know if there is any reason for him on this Lakers squad (but his 45 inch vertical is :man4: )
bhatta
Clublakers Lead Analyst

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:19 am

halekulani wrote:
strikemode14 wrote: Also this is one of the weaker draft pools. Honestly how good could someone be in a weak draft class who falls to like the lows 20s.

jameer nelson - 20
trevor ariza - 43
tayshaun - 23
okur - 38
redd - 43
claxton - 20

Do you honestly think Mitch is the guy who is going to find this gem? This is the same man who draft Sasha over the likes of Duhon and Harrison. :bang:
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby In The Key on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:37 am

Pbhatta542 wrote:Lakers should trade that Miami pick (packaged with players to get .. something that can contribute now) and use their second rounder on athletic PGs that can play great defense - Taquan Dean or Will Blalock.

Diaz is a more athletic version of Von Wafer, but I don't know if there is any reason for him on this Lakers squad (but his 45 inch vertical is :man4: )

Exactly a point I made earlier about Diaz...

Anyways, I think there are a lot of players in the low first round that can be drafted that can contribute now. Marcus Williams, who can start for us. Adams, who can come off the bench and play some D and bring energy to our team. I don't think our pick is that valuable to trade for someone who is a good veteran though. If we can mix it up and convince New Orleans to take Devean George and our first pick for the 17th pick we maybe have a chance at JJ Reddick, Marcus Williams or Al Horford.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby halekulani on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:26 am

strikemode14 wrote:
halekulani wrote:

jameer nelson - 20
trevor ariza - 43
tayshaun - 23
okur - 38
redd - 43
claxton - 20

Do you honestly think Mitch is the guy who is going to find this gem? This is the same man who draft Sasha over the likes of Duhon and Harrison. :bang:

way to miss the point?
you asked me if anyone in a weak draft class can be good. i just listed players from weak draft classes that are good. you're a waste of time.
halekulani

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:42 am

halekulani wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:
halekulani wrote:

jameer nelson - 20
trevor ariza - 43
tayshaun - 23
okur - 38
redd - 43
claxton - 20

way to miss the point?
you asked me if anyone in a weak draft class can be good. i just listed players from weak draft classes that are good. you're a waste of time.

Calm down it's not that serious for the name calling because i dont' agree with your post.

As for someone missing the point it's funny that you missed my point. If you are expecting Mitch to find a starter in the low rounds which is hard to do..not impossible but, hard to do then you are going to be disappointed.

I mean dang look at dude's resume.

Sasha and Douthit
Cook and Walton
George and I believe got Rush through trade.

The only decent draft he has had is last year's which he got Bynum which wasn't that tough a choice, Wafer who probaly won't last on our team, and Turiaf a good pick but, at the same time had heart probelms.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby halekulani on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:27 pm

strikemode14 wrote:
halekulani wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:
halekulani wrote:

jameer nelson - 20
trevor ariza - 43
tayshaun - 23
okur - 38
redd - 43
claxton - 20

way to miss the point?

Calm down it's not that serious for the name calling because i dont' agree with your post.

As for someone missing the point it's funny that you missed my point. If you are expecting Mitch to find a starter in the low rounds which is hard to do..not impossible but, hard to do then you are going to be disappointed.

I mean dang look at dude's resume.

Sasha and Douthit
Cook and Walton
George and I believe got Rush through trade.

The only decent draft he has had is last year's which he got Bynum which wasn't that tough a choice, Wafer who probaly won't last on our team, and Turiaf a good pick but, at the same time had heart probelms.

i fully understand your point except that you regressed and weaked it yourself.
seeing that he actually has drafted decently last year, he has a chance to do it again. us getting a starting pg isn't just mitch. it's the freakin players themselves. lots of guys slide by in EVERY draft year and teams get lucky with really talented players. considering MANY of the ncaa's point gaurds are ready to leave because they are seniors, a few of them really have the potential to be on the laker roster. we have a set core and don't demand much from the PG at this point. assuming we keep lamar, kobe, and kwame, the PG's job is to move the ball and play defense. defense alone will be huge for the lakers. nobody is expecting 20 points or 10 assists.
halekulani

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:20 pm

halekulani wrote:i fully understand your point except that you regressed and weaked it yourself.
seeing that he actually has drafted decently last year, he has a chance to do it again. us getting a starting pg isn't just mitch. it's the freakin players themselves. lots of guys slide by in EVERY draft year and teams get lucky with really talented players. considering MANY of the ncaa's point gaurds are ready to leave because they are seniors, a few of them really have the potential to be on the laker roster. we have a set core and don't demand much from the PG at this point. assuming we keep lamar, kobe, and kwame, the PG's job is to move the ball and play defense. defense alone will be huge for the lakers. nobody is expecting 20 points or 10 assists.

He had the 10th overall pick it's not exactly that hard to get that one right. Wafer was a complete waste of a pick IMO. Turiaf has been a good player for us I will admit but, to be honest I am still not confident in Mr.cupake.

Drafting a starter in a lower round is hard to do. Yes there can be diamond's in the rough but, I am not confident in Mitch's ability to do find them and for that matter confident that Phil will let a rookie run his offense.

I don't think we should even risk a chance that we don't get a good PG by relying on Mitch who his past record his against him to draft us one. The best option is get a veteran who can come in and start guarantee. Use our pick on a SF to replace George or get another big PF so when Mihm leaves we can leave Kwame at center and have some depth at the PF position.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby halekulani on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:10 pm

strikemode14 wrote: Use our pick on a SF to replace George or get another big PF so when Mihm leaves we can leave Kwame at center and have some depth at the PF position.

assuming we keep lamar and kwame, i already suggested using mihm as trade bait to get a better PF.

i don't get why we'd work on getting a backup SF when he'd be no better than george. i agree that the MLE could be used to sign a pg, but i think that picks should be used with the intention to fill all starter roles first, before drafting backups. if you draft with the intention to fill a backup over a critical starting role, you're left with the same spot unfilled. the lakers were supposed to fill the PG role with antonio daniels but that fell through.
halekulani

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:17 am

halekulani wrote:
strikemode14 wrote: Use our pick on a SF to replace George or get another big PF so when Mihm leaves we can leave Kwame at center and have some depth at the PF position.

assuming we keep lamar and kwame, i already suggested using mihm as trade bait to get a better PF.

i don't get why we'd work on getting a backup SF when he'd be no better than george. i agree that the MLE could be used to sign a pg, but i think that picks should be used with the intention to fill all starter roles first, before drafting backups. if you draft with the intention to fill a backup over a critical starting role, you're left with the same spot unfilled. the lakers were supposed to fill the PG role with antonio daniels but that fell through.

Yeah I actually suggest Mihm/George and fillers in the hopes of maybe Chandler, Martin or Boozer. I think the reason I say go PF is becuase no way in heck if we can't trade for a PF do I ever want Brian should have been a Cook starting or playing 20+minutes. For that matter hopefully we get rid of George. However downside I rather get someone in the draft then ever see Luke No D Walton get 20+ minutes.

Which in those scenarios even if our pick doesn't quite pan out we aren't completey and royally screwed. Cook and Walton can still handle the backup and SF and PF roles. However if we draft a starting PG and he doesn't quite pan out like we want we are still stuck with Smush at starter and Sasha as our main PG.

As for the AD deal it was more are fault then anything. If we had given him a long-term deal instead of a 2 year deal we could have easily had him. For that matter we could have had E.Watson who I would have killed to have his D.

I will end my post with this. If there is a sure fire guarantee this senior PG will start no doubt then go for it. However I really hope we still sign a PG with our MLE just to be on the safe side.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby eNlight on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:58 pm

strikemode14 wrote:
halekulani wrote:

Yeah I actually suggest Mihm/George and fillers in the hopes of maybe Chandler, Martin or Boozer. I think the reason I say go PF is becuase no way in heck if we can't trade for a PF do I ever want Brian should have been a Cook starting or playing 20+minutes. For that matter hopefully we get rid of George. However downside I rather get someone in the draft then ever see Luke No D Walton get 20+ minutes.

Which in those scenarios even if our pick doesn't quite pan out we aren't completey and royally screwed. Cook and Walton can still handle the backup and SF and PF roles. However if we draft a starting PG and he doesn't quite pan out like we want we are still stuck with Smush at starter and Sasha as our main PG.

As for the AD deal it was more are fault then anything. If we had given him a long-term deal instead of a 2 year deal we could have easily had him. For that matter we could have had E.Watson who I would have killed to have his D.

I will end my post with this. If there is a sure fire guarantee this senior PG will start no doubt then go for it. However I really hope we still sign a PG with our MLE just to be on the safe side.

i don't think chandler is worth it anymore and same with boozer, but i think martin can compliment kobe very well. all those missed shots and convert into rebounds and tip slams. very nice
eNlight

Postby halekulani on Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:00 pm

boozer is averaging 23/10/2steals
shooting 52% and 87% from FT

all in the last 5 games...

averaged 15/8 this season but right now he's off the charts.
halekulani

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:13 pm

eNlight wrote:
i don't think chandler is worth it anymore and same with boozer, but i think martin can compliment kobe very well. all those missed shots and convert into rebounds and tip slams. very nice

Actually Chandler would help us more out of the three. Chandler against centers is garbage but, Chandler does well when at the PF especially in the rebounding and defense department. Imagine him and Kwame at PF/C. That makes a very talented defensive PF/C combo for that matter a very young PF/C combo.

Boozer could help some but, I would rank him 3rd out of the three. I wouldn't mind his shooting which is plus for a triangle PF. Plus he does give us some much need shooting.

Martin I like alot as well. He isn't the greatest defender but, has a midrange jumpshot, boards and gives the team energy.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft