Early Attempt at Mock Draft

Early Attempt at Mock Draft

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:23 am

Ill try and revise this several times before the draft but heres my best guess so far, trying to take team needs into consideration and rumors of locks etc. Enjoy.

NOTE - SINCE THE TOP OF THE BOARD IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO MOCK WITH LIKELY TRADES, IM PUTTING THE PLAYER ON THE TEAM I FEEL WILL TAKE THEM, JUST NOT SURE WHERE

1. Toronto - Andrea Bargnani
2. Chicago - LaMarcus Aldridge
3. Charlotte- Rudy Gay
4. Portland - Adam Morrison
5. Atlanta - Shelden Williams
6. Minnesota - Marcus Williams
7. Celtics - Tyrus Thomas
8. Houston - Brandon Roy
9. Warriors - Patrick O'Bryant
10. Sonics - Randy Foye
11. Magic - JJ Redick
12. Hornets - Rodney Carney
13. 76ers - Quincy Douby
14. Jazz - Ronnie Brewer
15. Hornets - Alexander Johnson
16. Chicago - Cedric Simmons
17. Indiana - Maurice Ager
18. Washington - Rajon Rondo
19. Sacramento - Sergio Rodriguez
20. Knicks - Shawne Williams
21. Suns - Saer Sene
22. Nets - Hilton Armstrong
23. Nets - Jordan Farmar
24. Grizzlies - Thabo Sefolosha
25. Cavaliers - Mardy Collins
26. Lakers - Shannon Brown
27. Suns - Guillermo Diaz
28. Mavs - Marquinhos
29. Knicks - Josh Boone
30. Blazers - Kyle Lowry
Image
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
User avatar
Da Veinticuatro

 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Los Skandalouz

Re: Early Attempt at Mock Draft

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:16 pm

Da Veinticuatro wrote:
1. Toronto - Andrea Bargnani
2. Chicago - LaMarcus Aldridge
3. Charlotte- Rudy Gay
4. Portland - Adam Morrison
5. Atlanta - Shelden Williams
6. Minnesota - Marcus Williams
7. Celtics - Tyrus Thomas
8. Houston - Brandon Roy
9. Warriors - Patrick O'Bryant
10. Sonics - Randy Foye
11. Magic - JJ Redick
12. Hornets - Rodney Carney
13. 76ers - Quincy Douby
14. Jazz - Ronnie Brewer
15. Hornets - Alexander Johnson
16. Chicago - Cedric Simmons
17. Indiana - Maurice Ager
18. Washington - Rajon Rondo
19. Sacramento - Sergio Rodriguez
20. Knicks - Shawne Williams
21. Suns - Saer Sene
22. Nets - Hilton Armstrong
23. Nets - Jordan Farmar
24. Grizzlies - Thabo Sefolosha
25. Cavaliers - Mardy Collins
26. Lakers - Shannon Brown
27. Suns - Guillermo Diaz
28. Mavs - Marquinhos
29. Knicks - Josh Boone
30. Blazers - Kyle Lowry


beside those I like it.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55508
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby LUUUKE on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:23 pm

nice mock draft :bow:
what's the most resilient parasite?
Image
User avatar
LUUUKE

 
Posts: 7623
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:47 am
Location: obscurity

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback :jam2:

Ive heard Browns name mentioned to the Lakers before, the guy at DraftX told someone I know that he heard they will take him if hes there at 26, but who knows at this point. If they trade up and get Roy that messes the whole thing up.

Ive heard the 6ers may have a promise to Douby, and I know the Jazz number 1 is Brewer followed by Sene.
Image
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
User avatar
Da Veinticuatro

 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Los Skandalouz

Early Attempt at Mock Draft

Postby Lord Johnny on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:28 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
Da Veinticuatro wrote:
1. Toronto - Andrea Bargnani
2. Chicago - LaMarcus Aldridge
3. Charlotte- Rudy Gay
4. Portland - Adam Morrison
5. Atlanta - Shelden Williams
6. Minnesota - Marcus Williams
7. Celtics - Tyrus Thomas
8. Houston - Brandon Roy
9. Warriors - Patrick O'Bryant
10. Sonics - Randy Foye
11. Magic - JJ Redick
12. Hornets - Rodney Carney
13. 76ers - Quincy Douby
14. Jazz - Ronnie Brewer
15. Hornets - Alexander Johnson
16. Chicago - Cedric Simmons
17. Indiana - Maurice Ager
18. Washington - Rajon Rondo
19. Sacramento - Sergio Rodriguez
20. Knicks - Shawne Williams
21. Suns - Saer Sene
22. Nets - Hilton Armstrong
23. Nets - Jordan Farmar
24. Grizzlies - Thabo Sefolosha
25. Cavaliers - Mardy Collins
26. Lakers - Shannon Brown
27. Suns - Guillermo Diaz
28. Mavs - Marquinhos
29. Knicks - Josh Boone
30. Blazers - Kyle Lowry


beside those I like it.


why don't you like Redick with the magic? i think he's a great fit there, and stevenson is as good as gone.
User avatar
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico
 
Posts: 13028
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:06 am

Postby KB24 on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:34 pm

Da Veinticuatro wrote:Thanks for the feedback :jam2:

Ive heard Browns name mentioned to the Lakers before, the guy at DraftX told someone I know that he heard they will take him if hes there at 26, but who knows at this point. If they trade up and get Roy that messes the whole thing up.

Ive heard the 6ers may have a promise to Douby, and I know the Jazz number 1 is Brewer followed by Sene.


Ya Shannon Brown has been linked to us, agree. I don´t think people will take Redick before they pick Brewer who bumped his stock with excellent athleticism numbers (second in the draft) a few days ago and a 41 inch vertical. He has much greater upside than Redick and since DeShawn Stevenson is a FA, Orlando needs a SG and Brewer would be the perfect fit since he is a PG in a SG body and can allow Nelson to be more in a scoring position (What is Nelsons mentality).

76ers need a backup for AI, Quincy Douby is an excellent player but I think when you draft in the lottery for some reasons you try to pick up a bigman.76ers know Webber ain´t all that and they don´t have an adequate backup for him. Look for Simmons or Johnson to end up there. Simmons has great workouts and has bumped his stock a lot lately. Jazz wouldn´t be able to take Brewer because IMO he is going to Orlando at the very latest (if not in the top 10).
Chicago also won´t pick Simmons since he would be gone. They pick Aldridge with the 2 and they probably look for a SG since Gordon is shopped (and IMO he will be traded sooner or later). It seems like Chicago doesn´t really need Gordon who soon has to be extended and they don´t want to waste money on him because they love Deng, Nocioni and Hinrich as their core.

Lakers: I don´t know, if we trade up its going to be top 5 or around 12-15. IMO they won´t trade up just because Mitch is conservative and believes they can pick a good guy with 26. I would hope Quincy Douby, Farmer or Rondo would fall. We have to pick a PG so Shannon Brown is also in the mix, tho he is more of a SG. Quincy DOuby tho would be a dream or Rondo (both pipe at this point) but you never know...
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55508
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby Sky on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:27 pm

Mock it. I have Kyle Lowry pulling out of the draft.

1. Cha (from Tor) - LaMarcus Aldridge
2. Chi – Adam Morrison
3. Tor (from Cha) – Andrea Bargnani
4. Por – Rudy Gay
5. Atl – Ronnie Brewer
6. Min – Tyrus Thomas
7. Bos – Brandon Roy
8. Hou – Marcus Williams
9. GS – Patrick O’Bryant
10. Sea – Cedric Simmons
11. Orl – J.J. Redick
12. NO – Rodney Carney
13. Phi – Quincy Douby
14. Utah – Randy Foye
15. NO – Shelden Williams
16. Chi – Alexander Johnson
17. Ind – Maurice Ager
18. Wash – Rajon Rondo
19. Sac – Sergio Rodriguez
20. NY – Thabo Sefolosha
21. Phx – Saer Sene
22. NJ – Hilton Armstrong
23. NJ – Shawne Williams
24. Mem – Jordan Farmar
25. Cle – Guillermo Diaz
26. LAL – Shannon Brown
27. Phx – James White
28. Dal – Marquinhos
29. NY – Josh Boone
30. Por (maybe LA) – Paul Davis
User avatar
Sky
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 6292
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: up

Postby bumrusherer on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:00 pm

hmm Sky, why would Charl trade with Tor...and who would be involved? Thats if it isnt just a pick swap.

Also, If the reports are true and we do get Banks. Why draft Brown?
bumrusherer

 
Posts: 9846
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:26 am
Location: Neverland

Postby Sky on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:11 pm

Charlotte-Toronto has been rumored for a while now. Brevin Knight and 3 for 1 and Alvin Williams. Raps still get their man in Bargnani, replace Mike James and shed eternally injured Alvin and his radioactive contract. Win-win-win for them. Charlotte gets the 4 they want in order to keep Okafor at center, they already have Gerald Wallace at 3.

Shannon Brown is a short 2. Lester has said the Lakers like 21-22 guys. Projecting what that list would look like, I have Brown as the final guy on that list. He is a 39% 3 shooter, quick and active. As Veintecuatro noted, Draft X has heard a rumor that the Lakers made a promise to Brown that they'll take him if he's still on the board at 26. Sounds plausible to me, sniper 2 with defensive speed fills a need and Brown is likely the best available talent at 26 in a thin draft.
User avatar
Sky
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 6292
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: up

Early Attempt at Mock Draft

Postby Lord Johnny on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:13 pm

Sky, can the Lakers get Guillermo DIaz? and if Jose Juan Barea doesn't get drafted do u think the Lakers can'invite him to their summer league?
User avatar
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico
 
Posts: 13028
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:06 am

Postby Sky on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm

If they're signing Banks, 1 is crossed off the list on draft day. Position is three deep.

Diaz could be there at 26 but he's raw. Berea has handles and passing skills but not much else, and he's a shrimp.
User avatar
Sky
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 6292
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: up

Early Attempt at Mock Draft

Postby Lord Johnny on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:35 pm

Sky wrote:If they're signing Banks, 1 is crossed off the list on draft day. Position is three deep.

Diaz could be there at 26 but he's raw. Berea has handles and passing skills but not much else, and he's a shrimp.


Thanks
User avatar
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico
 
Posts: 13028
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:06 am

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:49 pm

Sky, you still think that Tor-Cha trade has any legs with MJ in the house?
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93538
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby Sky on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:52 pm

I don't think Jordan changes anything for them on draft day. It's still Bickerstaff's team to run and Jordan did a poor job as GM.
User avatar
Sky
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 6292
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: up


Return to NBA 2013 Draft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.